Uber Drivers Forum banner

DF expires after 1 hour

1K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  jerseyboys 
#1 ·
It looks like Uber has changed the rules yet again.

It used to be that the DF never expired if you never reached the final destination.

Now, it expires after 1 hour.

As long as it's still 6 for jersey and NY burbs. I'm fine.

#3 ·
It used to expire for me last year all the time. I thought it was supposed to. In fact, I seem to remember a thread on this forum where it was discussed how to extend the time. There was speculation as to how long it would last oh, and that if you cancelled it before that and restarted you got a whole reset on the timer.

#8 ·
It looks like Uber has changed the rules yet again.

It used to be that the DF never expired if you never reached the final destination.

Now, it expires after 1 hour.

As long as it's still 6 for jersey and NY burbs. I'm fine.
That sorta sucks. I usually set me filter for some far-away land and if for some reason, I start getting close I high tail it back away from it as far as I can get before another ping rolls through. Now, along with counting how may rides I just "no thanks-ed" my way out of, I now have to manage to remember what time I took a pox on that filter. Thanks Goober, for reminding me that I can't remember chit anyway.

#11 ·
I actually found it by accident. After I did my first drop off I forgot to turn off the app since it doesn't work in NYC anyway.

Got back to jersey and a few minutes later I get another request for NYC. LOL

The DF was still in play. As long as I did not cross over to the final destination on the DF. It was live.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.