• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Detour

LyftUberFuwabolewa

I pick up a passenger and just down the street from her pickup location, her residence, the road is blocked in there's a detour sign. It's a main road in the area and I figure there's a good chance her ride is going to take us that direction.

Sure enough her destination is in that location. As we approach the barrier with the detour sign and I take the detour I say out loud "I guess we're going to have to take the detour".

I've found it's best to announce things that affect the rider which they might miss, such as an added passenger to a pool ride, and detours Etc. But she's self-consumed with her morning makeup routine.

We get a half mile down the road and she says "oh, I think you need to turn around and go the other way". I did and she directed me a better way to go and all was good. I was worried about my rating but she gave me five stars.

Gtown Driver

I mean if all you were worried about was getting a 5 star rating, this is a typical "5 star rater". If they don't give a shit about what you're doing they're most likely going to 5 you. It's the vocal or anal people that you have to worry about rating you down most often.

Your typical A to B pax that doesn't say much usually just gets out of the car, hits 5 and moves on with their life. Rating you especially a 3 or lower means they have to spend time with the support features and the average person doesn't have time for that.

It's the people with agendas or nothing else to do that you have to worry about (and usually they are somewhat vocal during the ride). That's why most everyone has like 85 to 90 percent or higher 5 star ratings in their last 500 pax. Most of them just want you to A to B them. Can you do that? You probably can.

Last edited:

LyftUberFuwabolewa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't get it. What's your complaint?

And again, who gives even one @@@@ about ratings, unless you're on the road to deactivation?
Well about rating, it's nice to have a high one, reportedly it does things for you like get you paired with higher rated riders, and it's very important when Uber pro comes to your market. I think caring about your rating gives the driver a positive feedback loop which may cause a driver to be more self-aware and find areas for improvement.

My complaint? It's about people who are so self-absorbed that they become oblivious to their surroundings and then when they finally pop up out of their fog they are not happy with the wrap you've taken.

Sometimes it happens that a rider has an important phone call and for that reason they are absorbed. But most people are just like this one lady I had, who got in the car and then started playing on her phone. My phone displaying the route we were going to take was prominently placed in the middle of the dashboard. Of course she could see the route we are going to take on her phone. But she becomes self-absorbed, then looks up and starts yelling at me for the route I took.

It turns out the route was only a slight detour from the way she wanted to go and probably saved us about five minutes.

Well at least when she realized that she did say she was sorry and thanked me for my great driving. No I'm lying. She just sat there quietly, perhaps embarrassed if she realized that the way the GPS brought us was better than her way. Maybe she didn't even notice.

Gtown Driver

Uber Pro is mostly garbage, so it's not worth it. In my area the promotions even at Gold are basically running a hamster wheel for your peanuts and none of the other incentives are worth it either.

If even a high rating gets you paired with higher rated pax, you can still just do your own filtering really by choosing to only accept the pings with the higher ratings. I know how to work with people so I never look at the pax ratings. I just work with vibes.

My complaint? It's about people who are so self-absorbed that they become oblivious to their surroundings and then when they finally pop up out of their fog they are not happy with the wrap you've taken.
That's ultimately why people will only take this so seriously. It's typical social media era phone droning. Once people drone in the phone you gotta wake them up out of it sometimes. I'm assuming you're older than 30 ATM if you have a legitimate issue with phone droning. You can practically raise kids with iPads and Surfaces these days. Just throw one of those at the kids with Fortnite on it and they'll forget about you for at least 5 hours.

In the end this is just another A to B passenger that only really needs so much of a story written on. People are posting much more serious stories here on the daily, so your story about a specific pax personality that still gave you 5 stars is just the every average pax out there really.

ariel5466

Sometimes it happens that a rider has an important phone call and for that reason they are absorbed. But most people are just like this one lady I had, who got in the car and then started playing on her phone. My phone displaying the route we were going to take was prominently placed in the middle of the dashboard. Of course she could see the route we are going to take on her phone. But she becomes self-absorbed, then looks up and starts yelling at me for the route I took.

It turns out the route was only a slight detour from the way she wanted to go and probably saved us about five minutes.

Well at least when she realized that she did say she was sorry and thanked me for my great driving. No I'm lying. She just sat there quietly, perhaps embarrassed if she realized that the way the GPS brought us was better than her way. Maybe she didn't even notice.
Just curious, how many rides have you given? Because if this typical, normal, every day situation that didn't result in anything pissed you off, you're in for a world of hurt.