Uber Drivers Forum banner

Determining the length of the ride

675 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  FLKeys 
#1 ·
Is there a way to determine the length of a ride before setting out ? Seems to me, that since Uber knows the starting location and the ending location they should tell us the length, so we can avoid multiple short rides. That seems to be all I get.
Another thing that annoys me is riders that do not tip. 90% of my riders don't tip!

#3 ·
The absolute last thing Uber wants is your ability to avoid multiple short rides. That, in a nutshell, is why you don't see destination or distance info. You *can* see it if you're a gold partner, but that's only if you maintain an 85%+ acceptance rate. So you can see it, but you can only decline 1 in 10 to continue to see it, which makes seeing it pretty useless. ?

#4 ·
For what it's worth I actually prefer lot a of short trips...preferably stacked. But keep in mind that the 85 percent thing is based on your last 7 days. So if you screw it up you are good to go the next week. I was at 89 but have been on vacation for a week so now I am back to 100.

#7 ·
My understanding was this information was given originally, however drivers were cherry picking good trips only and created a poor experience for PAX going short distances. This was not in Ubers best interest so they eliminated that feature. Now they are bringing it back in the Uber Pro feature for those that have it in their market. However once your acceptance rate drops below a certain point you will lose that information again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.