Destinations for double orders not being shown in ping box / time outs after only 2 or even 1 declined offer

Nats121

For my entire shift yesterday, none of the double-order pings showed the destination in text form inside the ping box, only on the map, and for at least one of the double orders only ONE destination was showing on map. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, Uber the bully decided they were going to show me who's boss by playing hard-ball and sneaky with their "time-outs". In most cases two or even one declined ping resulted in a sneaky, delayed, and silent time-out.

Usually it takes at least three or four declined offers to result in a time-out, and typically there's a chime when the app times me out.

Last night however, none of the time-outs chimed. And most of them had a delay of several seconds, probably so I wouldn't know right away I was timed-out in case I decided to check my messages, Youtube, etc.

It's not just the bad pay, pay cuts, and unjust firings that have many drivers supporting AB5, it's also bullying tactics like these.

DJJoeyZ

I had a ping for a double pickup at a Wendy’s saying 25 minutes and $15, sounded good, so I accepted, when I get to Wendy’s and give both names they say they don’t have an order for one of the names. I show my phone, they double check, nope, no such name/order in their system. So I decide to still take the single order, hoping the tip will be decent, NOPE, low tipper and 20 minutes away.
Is this a new UE tactic to get us drivers to accept low paying/far away orders? Get us to accept a good paying double order, then yank one away, leaving us stuck with the low payout delivery.

YourFoodIsGettingCold

I had a ping for a double pickup at a Wendy’s saying 25 minutes and $15, sounded good, so I accepted, when I get to Wendy’s and give both names they say they don’t have an order for one of the names. I show my phone, they double check, nope, no such name/order in their system. So I decide to still take the single order, hoping the tip will be decent, NOPE, low tipper and 20 minutes away.
Is this a new UE tactic to get us drivers to accept low paying/far away orders? Get us to accept a good paying double order, then yank one away, leaving us stuck with the low payout delivery.
Yes, I think it is a newly implemented tactic in regards to upfront pay to make the offer look more appealing. They've done this to me prior to upfront ping information being available to us.

Alltel77

I've been doing pretty good on double orders that are CLOSE to each other and pay well. The rest are garbage with one close the other 10 miles away for a $8-$11 payout. Uber started sending me triple pick ups tonight , never seen that before but declined the two I received.
Post automatically merged:

I made this mistake tonight dropped a tacked on order from a pizza place , kept the large sushi order. Deliver like 5 miles away, paid $4.54 , and hour later no tip!

Last edited:

Nats121

I've been doing pretty good on double orders that are CLOSE to each other and pay well. The rest are garbage with one close the other 10 miles away for a $8-$11 payout. Uber started sending me triple pick ups tonight , never seen that before but declined the two I received.

I made this mistake tonight dropped a tacked on order from a pizza place , kept the large sushi order. Deliver like 5 miles away, paid $4.54 , and hour later no tip!
How much was the original expected payout for the sushi order? How much was the expected payout for the tacked on order?

I'm just avoiding double orders going forward, I was declining them before when I first came back after one of your previous posts on double offers. The one they got me on was a little too shiny for me to turn down.
Again tonight, none of the double orders showed more than one dropoff point on the map. As a result I declined EVERY double order ping.

I have a simple rule, which is I will not accept any order that's missing the expected payout and/or the destination address.

BTW, several double order pings had NO destination and NO expected payout. Some didn't even include the name of the restaurant.

Last edited:

YourFoodIsGettingCold

Again tonight, none of the double orders showed more than one dropoff point on the map. As a result I declined EVERY double order ping.

I have a simple rule, which is I will not accept any order that's missing the expected payout and/or the destination address.

BTW, several double order pings had NO destination and NO expected payout. Some didn't even include the name of the restaurant.
The games will never end, more than half the double orders are trash anyway so I'm cool with declining them going forward.

Its just that one order lol, the one that says 2 pickups, same restaurant $17/$18+ estimated payout, 5 total miles, thats when they get me.

Reactions: MHR

X-Men

My suggestion is people don’t take the double orders ..it’s not worth it...😏 they don’t care about drivers .. it’s the business and customers that matter. And their 5% they take from drivers 🤨

ConkeyCrack

For my entire shift yesterday, none of the double-order pings showed the destination in text form inside the ping box, only on the map, and for at least one of the double orders only ONE destination was showing on map. Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, Uber the bully decided they were going to show me who's boss by playing hard-ball and sneaky with their "time-outs". In most cases two or even one declined ping resulted in a sneaky, delayed, and silent time-out.

Usually it takes at least three or four declined offers to result in a time-out, and typically there's a chime when the app times me out.

Last night however, none of the time-outs chimed. And most of them had a delay of several seconds, probably so I wouldn't know right away I was timed-out in case I decided to check my messages, Youtube, etc.

It's not just the bad pay, pay cuts, and unjust firings that have many drivers supporting AB5, it's also bullying tactics like these.
Yes I noticed I get "timed out" after declining a few pathetic orders. I know for sure its bullying tactics because my map is blood red with surge and I just completed 4 consecutive trips that paid decent. My phone was jumping like Jordan and after I decline a few sad ones, I get no request for like 15 minutes

Alltel77

Yes I noticed I get "timed out" after declining a few pathetic orders. I know for sure its bullying tactics because my map is blood red with surge and I just completed 4 consecutive trips that paid decent. My phone was jumping like Jordan and after I decline a few sad ones, I get no request for like 15 minutes
This i believe to be true because I have similar experiences.

Helpmehome

How much was the original expected payout for the sushi order? How much was the expected payout for the tacked on order?

It's not easy to see the middle stop being just a little white/red dot on the map but its still there for me. Yes sometimes they tack on a non-tipper with a tipper, but this would happen whether it was intentional or not if you think about it. Some orders don't have tips. So they will sometimes be added to a good order. Sometimes they get added to 2 horrible orders. I've seen a $6 double order before.

@Nats121

The distance and time still show the totals so you can still make the accept decision based on the same factors. And the final destination is still being shown for me on the map and in the cross-streets (only helpful sometimes).

Double orders are the same as regular orders to me with 2 modifications:

1) There is double the chance the order isn't ready right away (I'd say 4 out of 5 times both orders are ready).
2) You have to find 2 addresses but the total time per order is about the same as what is shown in the ping offer.

I am a fan of double orders because sometimes they pay better. Sometimes they pay worse. It just depends upon the same factors that go into accepting a single order. Last night I took this order, it took me less than 10 minutes to complete. The delivery addresses were about 6 blocks apart and the pickup took a minute. You can say I got screwed by Uber and the first non-tipping customer. Or you can realize I made about $60 an hour on this delivery.

Declining double orders automatically is a money loser for the driver.

Screenshot_20201010-114940_Uber Driver.jpg

Lets face it. Uber new pay model hurt restaurants and customer stays hungry longer unless they put out good tip. For driver, we just want a fair wage after cover our expenses. New pay model has lower uber pay out between 3-6 dollars depended on mileage. The rest is covered by customer tip. Uber gets mad now because they are forced to cover cheap non tipping customers after the call has sticked around for an hour. They are doing more scam now with hiding second drop off location for double pickup and even flat out excluded your distance to restaurants in some tip to make the offer look more fair. Bottom line is know your market and your area to prevent getting scammed and make a fair wage

Driving With A Purpose

If they intentionally showed us something that didn’t exist and then took it away, I’d think they could be sued for using bait and switch tactics.

I’m no lawyer, but I sincerely feel this tactic would last long at all. It hasn’t happened to me.

Not sure I fully understand your situation. That said, the initial ping should show total expected distance and total w/ tips, which is enough for me the vast majority of the time.

The games will never end, more than half the double orders are trash anyway so I'm cool with declining them going forward.

Its just that one order lol, the one that says 2 pickups, same restaurant $17/$18+ estimated payout, 5 total miles, thats when they get me.

I had one last night for $10.19 that was a single taking 15 minutes and requiring only 1.8 miles of driving. Naturally I took it. This was for a local fast casual place. Well, my wait was approximately 28 minutes. The only thing that kept me there was that $10.19. It quickly went from being nice to just soso for a Friday evening during the dinner rush.

Last edited:

undefeated77

This i believe to be true because I have similar experiences.
It is true. They do it all the time with me. Just yesterday I declined I think like 5 in a row because of the lousy payout. I’m in one of the busiest areas in NYC and no trips for about 10 minutes. I’m just worried they’ll deactivate my account because of my acceptance rate

In many markets including mine the minimum payout for single orders has been cut to $2.50 and for double orders it's been cut to $1.50.
I’m seeing the same thing as well over here in NY. What makes it worse, a lot of the customers aren’t tipping, I’m blowing a lot of gas for these list trips that aren’t worth it

Uber forgot the fact that it cost .50-.60 cents to operate your car. I refuse to do work for free or lose money on any transactions. Decline Delcine and Decline and it always worked for me.

Alltel77

Well , I was actually stupid accepting it I saw two orders payout 12.xx but didn't see distance or that it was two orders , I almost cancelled both but saw the large sushi order and figured that was the tipper and reassigned/dropped the other order, I then got another ping for $2.50 for 2.5 miles, so I figured this sushi order must be nearby based on that ping (I declined) waited at the restaurant 20 mins , go to start the order it's 5 miles or so in the opposite direction of that third offer that was sent. Anyways, not doing that again, I was greedy and careless.