"Destinations": does it work?

Livan

I have tried it around 7 times... only worked once in my favor and I was closer to home than in any of the other 6. How has it worked out so far for you? It seems I have been competing for pings with every driver in the area and the closest still gets the ping. Plus, today I was way up in Brampton, accepted a ping 5 kms away that was NW, so it went 3 kms south but left me farther from home than I was initially. I wasted nearly 2 hours without getting a ping. What happens if any of the pings is Uberpool and decide not to take it? Can you still reject pings? Your thoughts?

Andy3131

I have tried it around 7 times... only worked once in my favor and I was closer to home than in any of the other 6. How has it worked out so far for you? It seems I have been competing for pings with every driver in the area and the closest still gets the ping. Plus, today I was way up in Brampton, accepted a ping 5 kms away that was NW, so it went 3 kms south but left me farther from home than I was initially. I wasted nearly 2 hours without getting a ping. What happens if any of the pings is Uberpool and decide not to take it? Can you still reject pings? Your thoughts?
Worked twice for me but you have to be patient.

Harry70

It's a very tricky; don't know the algorithm uber is applying to it: for preference in your favour how close up have to be rider ;loose normal business in process; tried it couple time works once or twice make me reach midtown from dt; in my opinion its more of a waste of time :

Andy3131

Well Andy, if two hours is not enough, what is it, then?
First time, 4 minutes of wait and got a ride straight to Pickering. Second time, drove from downtown to Pickering by Kingston road, finally got a ping on Kennedey and the pax was going to Pickering as well. Waited 45 minutes for this one...

Hannibalb

So far set the destination about 6 times. It actually worked very well for me half the time. The times i didnt get a match wasnt expecting or waiting around for one. When it did work i didnt have to wait too long. You will also get some short rides that barely move you to your destination thrown in the mix, may take you twice as long or more to get to your destination then it normally would.
I think the algorithym they use primarily just excludes pings taking you in the wrong direction, but i noticed you get more distant pings too. I think they may use it to fill in gaps in no uberx available areas or where no close drivers are around.

popiston

My friend said it worked great.
I an waiting for it. I would like to go to Toronto then, so I could pick up some going back.

Actionjax

Works well for me. The key here is don't use it unless you are truly going home dead. It will work but you could be waiting a long time for a ping and miss out on other lucrative calls going the other way.

HoldenDriver

It's not platform based, it's account based.

I have in on my iPhone 6S.
It's region based. You have to be in a supported region. If your region lacks small hexognal surge areas, don't bet on it coming any time soon. The DD feature relies on creating a corridor around your route of those small hexagonal areas.

If I was heading home and a pax said there were multiple stops, I'd cancel. Only way I drive off-surge is with the DD feature en route to my destination.

Myxx

Got a 3.30 am ping going to Hamilton from downtown and tried the destination feature from Hamilton..... No icon present to turn it on in Hamilton until I got to Oakville.... It hooked me up with a PAX going to King West @4:30am which is on the way to Harbourfront

Actionjax

Got a 3.30 am ping going to Hamilton from downtown and tried the destination feature from Hamilton..... No icon present to turn it on in Hamilton until I got to Oakville.... It hooked me up with a PAX going to King West @4:30am which is on the way to Harbourfront
I think it only works in areas where they have enough pool data to work with. You will notice it lines you up somewhat the same way as you being one of the rides with the longest distance.