Destination

1K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  Bujee69 
#1 ·
Guys what that means. I don't get it.
I just find it on my app

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Hit and miss, when it works it's great. Problem is if you still want rides while waiting for it, you don't get them, it's kinda like logging off while waiting.

I find at home it works better, I turn it on and still hang at home. Wait til it goes off and then it's time to start work.

Coming home it seems to be harder. Sometimes it will give you rides towards home but not close.

CC

#10 ·
Hit and miss, when it works it's great. Problem is if you still want rides while waiting for it, you don't get them, it's kinda like logging off while waiting.

I find at home it works better, I turn it on and still hang at home. Wait til it goes off and then it's time to start work.

Coming home it seems to be harder. Sometimes it will give you rides towards home but not close.

CC
I get matches in the morning going to airport. I work 10 minutes from the airport. Going back is $5-10 once to twice a week tops.

#14 ·
I use it every day on the way to and from my day job.
That way all of my commuting mileage is included in "business use" even if I rarely get a ping.
I don't wait around either. Jump in the car, set destination, and off I go.
Not getting a ping doesn't use up a destination, so it's still there to be used later as well.

I'll also use it when I'm going shopping, running errands, etc... So all of those km's count as business use too.
I'll be surprised if I put 10,000km on my car for personal use this year.

Used it last weekend going up to a friend's cottage... And what do you know 157km all the way up the 400 to Waubaushene, and not a single ping. ;)

It's only if I have my wife, another passenger, or a car load of stuff with me that I don't use it.

#15 ·
That way all of my commuting mileage is included in "business use" even if I rarely get a ping.
Not getting a ping doesn't use up a destination, so it's still there to be used later as well.

I'll also use it when I'm going shopping, running errands, etc... So all of those km's count as business use too.

Used it last weekend going up to a friend's cottage... And what do you know 157km all the way up the 400 to Waubaushene, and not a single ping. ;)

It's only if I have my wife, another passenger, or a car load of stuff with me that I don't use it.
It's never worked for me while moving only of I wait a bit it catches for me .

#17 ·

You are a smart man.

#20 ·

I do the same thing........ but I set destination and I do sit and wait a little as I know it will Ping shortly. The most I have waited was 10 minutes or so. I use this destination everyday and by the end of the week I have some nice money just from going places I would have anyway.

#21 ·
This is what always happens to me in certain cases. I set a destination and get a ping going quarter the way and never seem to get a second ping. I even asked someone beside me to call me requesting to go to my chosen destination and they get someone else 7 mins away.

Anyone else experiencing this?

#22 ·
Something similar happened to me yesterday but it was the "destination feature". I dropped off and UberPool passenger who wanted to go somewhere else after. She asked me if I can take her there if she requests a new UBERX ride, I said of course.
She was sitting in the car with me and requested UBERX and I didn't get the call !!!! She cancelled right away and repeated the process twice and I still never got the call on my app !!! We were both surprised and I told her sorry about that, just wait for the next driver to pick you up .... A minute later I got a request to pick up a passenger 10 minutes away !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.