• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Destination

jabnwichi

Talking with one of my PAX last night.
If we could see the destination before they get in car the drive would be safer and less stressful. Knowing where we're going is half the battle. Now I know they won't show you for reasons I understand, but once I except trip I should be able to see where the hell i'm going. Would you be willing to pay a cancelation fee as a driver to cancel a PAX if you see destination and cancel because you don't want to go there,

LEAFdriver

If we could see the destination before they get in car the drive would be safer and less stressful. Knowing where we're going is half the battle. Now I know they won't show you for reasons I understand, but once I accept the trip I should be able to see where the hell I'm going. Would you be willing to pay a cancellation fee as a driver to cancel a PAX if you see destination and cancel because you don't want to go there,
This is another MAJOR reason Lyft beats out Uber to me. Yes, it's true that they no longer show the destination right after acceptance, but....

Once you arrive to the pick-up, with doors still locked, you can click on the rider's PIC and it will show you their destination. :wink:
Yes....BEFORE they get into your car! :biggrin:

It's better than allowing the pax INTO your car, then ASKING them where they are going and stressing out they will tell you somewhere you don't want to go and then having to kick them OUT. :oopsies: And for me, it's not necessarily WHERE they want to go, it's how long it will take to get there and whether you are just starting your shift or ending it.

In the 8 months I've been doing LYFT only.....I think I've only had to cancel pax 1 or 2 times after arriving and finding out their destination.
So I don't constantly stress out about it like I did when I drove for Uber. :rolleyes:

veblenrules

This is another MAJOR reason Lyft beats out Uber to me. Yes, it's true that they no longer show the destination right after acceptance, but....

Once you arrive to the pick-up, with doors still locked, you can click on the rider's PIC and it will show you their destination. :wink:

It's better than allowing the pax INTO your car, then ASKING them where they are going and stressing out they will tell you somewhere you don't want to go and then having to kick them OUT. :oopsies: And for me, it's not necessarily WHERE they want to go, it's how long it will take to get there and whether you are just starting your shift or ending it.

In the 8 months I've been doing LYFT only.....I think I've only had to cancel pax 1 or 2 times after arriving and finding out their destination.
So I don't constantly stress out about it like I did when I drove for Uber. :rolleyes:

City ordinance requires that you take passenger to any destination once you have accepted the pickup, JUST LIKE A TAXI, but never mind..........

jabnwichi

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok
Then why wouldn't they let us drivers see. We can't cancel according to ordinance. It's more of a safety thing. I can then pick up PAX going the correct direction. Not have a pax tell me to make a right turn across three lanes. I don't do it but just makes sense for all to me.

LoveTheBlues

Another reason I like this forum; I learn stuff. I never knew about that functionality as I am rather new to Lyft (2 months). Does it give any more info than the name of the business or street address? I know once I accept and get an address, half the time it doesn't give an address or even a city until you send it to navigation.

LEAFdriver

City ordinance requires that you take passenger to any destination once you have accepted the pickup, JUST LIKE A TAXI, but never mind..........
Not according to Lyft:

upload_2017-2-22_16-34-17.png

upload_2017-2-22_16-40-19.png

:rolleyes:

Another reason I like this forum; I learn stuff. I never knew about that functionality as I am rather new to Lyft (2 months). Does it give any more info than the name of the business or street address? I know once I accept and get an address, half the time it doesn't give an address or even a city until you send it to navigation.
It doesn't actually "GIVE" you the city. BUT....if you zoom out (Pinch IN) to view the map.....you can 'guess-timate' the city or at least the direction and general area. :rolleyes:

Angelpv

If we could see the destination before they get in car the drive would be safer and less stressful. Knowing where we're going is half the battle. Now I know they won't show you for reasons I understand, but once I except trip I should be able to see where the hell i'm going. Would you be willing to pay a cancelation fee as a driver to cancel a PAX if you see destination and cancel because you don't want to go there,
Cancelation fee for what service exactly!?

outlier

just this morning, i dropped a pax off at navy base, without tips, and had to dead head back! after rxpenses, i dont think i had gained anything but costed me time and effort.