Destination tricks?

Birdogg

Who cares? Why does it matter? I don't get why drivers are so picky about where they are taking people. I take every ride I get. At the very least, if it's a Lyft ride that will take 20 minutes or more I call them to make sure they want to wait the time for me to get there. A lot of times they don't notice the wait time. Then when they notice your not there they see that it's still going to be 10 minutes and they cancel. But I really worry about where they're going. I'm in this to make money. Being picky about what rides I take doesn't make me money.

Because you can lose money?
Driving 20 minutes to pickup a rider to drop them down the street and being stuck out in a area that you won't get a request.

Who cares? Why does it matter? I don't get why drivers are so picky about where they are taking people. I take every ride I get. At the very least, if it's a Lyft ride that will take 20 minutes or more I call them to make sure they want to wait the time for me to get there. A lot of times they don't notice the wait time. Then when they notice your not there they see that it's still going to be 10 minutes and they cancel. But I really worry about where they're going. I'm in this to make money. Being picky about what rides I take doesn't make me money.

Birdogg

True if you go to Perry County or something like that. But most of the time it's a area that is starving for drivers like Carlisle. Most of the long rides I get to go to a good spot for rides.

Uber_Jay2

I will say when i end up in carlise since there's so few drivers the trips are good but i will not go there unless I'm taking a pax. This is strategy on gas and making money. Learn your market. If you want to make money learn the times about our area. Learn your spots. We are not a major city i understand that but you'll lose money if you accept a trip over 8 minutes to find out that it's only a short trip. Use your ratings too let other drivers know if it's worth the trip. Ive learned we are working together and when we see those 4.6 and 4.7 we sometimes can figure out why

RayBizzy

Hey everyone i'm a new rideshare driver and as far as destination's tips, think of your tools in your proximity. Now I know for a fact that we can all see how many drivers are in queue at the harrisburg airport. It's definitely not a place you wanna sit around for pax and having so many drivers around you until it's your turn for 1 ride. Especially since the majority of the waiting drivers there congregate to the nearby sheetz. Upon using the facilities at said sheetz, I simply logged on to my browser went straight on Google and looked for Harrisburg's airport website. Once there I searched for the arrivals time and realized the drivers there would be waiting 45mins till the next flight landed. I left with the quickness and grabbed too good fares back in the burg. If you guys come up with any other juicy tips I believe I have another great tip but until next time!

Raybizzy, WINNING!

BikingBob

Sometimes for me it will show the destination briefly if you watch the screen as you accept. It's only for like 2-3 seconds and you've already accepted the fare. So you'd have to drive there to cancel or cancel on the road.

Yulli Yung

My suggestion is after you have done 1000 or so rides then come back and offer a constructive comment. One that is relative and accurate.

Well, I've done about 1,900 rides and I have to side with Birdogg here. Have I gotten long pickup rides that ended up being duds? Sure, but I can count them on one hand. Most of the time, a 12-15 minute pickup to a remote region usually means they're going somewhere not remote, like Harrisburg or York, so it pays for itself. Either way, a gallon of gas is around $3, and minimum fare is $3.67. So if you drive a total of less than your MPG to get a minimum fare, you've at least made out by that measure. Now as far as the IRS is concerned, I'm telling them it cost me .50 per mile, so it looks like I'm losing money, but hey, I'm new here.

And yes, I accept every ride. Don't care where they're going.