• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Destination Setting, Is It Worth Using?

Randomblina

Does anyone here use the destination setting, and do you feel it’s worth the (sometimes) wait? I live near Mesa Gateway, so when I finish early in the morning I usually set that as my destination. It’s only worked one time, and I’m not sure if I am using it the right way.

Also, is it possible to set it to say, Tucson? LOL

DriverXLPlus

Does anyone here use the destination setting, and do you feel it’s worth the (sometimes) wait? I live near Mesa Gateway, so when I finish early in the morning I usually set that as my destination. It’s only worked one time, and I’m not sure if I am using it the right way.

It works sometimes, depends if people are going your way at that time.
Setting it to Tucson probably won't get you to Tucson, just someone going in that direction, maybe to Wild Horse Pass.
I sometimes use it when I am far from home and want to quit for the night. I have found that when I am in certain parts of the valley I occasionally get riders, and from other parts never get riders.

IERide

It’s worth trying.. if someone’s going your way and you get paired, it’s awesome and keeps you from ending up 50 miles the opposite direction that you’re trying to go.
That said, I only have about a 10% hit rate with it. Used it today to try to get home from about 40 miles away.. it got me rides about half way there.

Randomblina

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It works sometimes, depends if people are going your way at that time.
Setting it to Tucson probably won't get you to Tucson, just someone going in that direction, maybe to Wild Horse Pass.
I sometimes use it when I am far from home and want to quit for the night. I have found that when I am in certain parts of the valley I occasionally get riders, and from other parts never get riders.
WHP is literally 5 minutes away, LOL. I have no need to go to Tucson other than it would be a fantastic fare. #DreamBig... Haha

It’s worth trying.. if someone’s going your way and you get paired, it’s awesome and keeps you from ending up 50 miles the opposite direction that you’re trying to go.
That said, I only have about a 10% hit rate with it. Used it today to try to get home from about 40 miles away.. it got me rides about half way there.
Okay, so it won’t necessarily take you to the specified location, just in the general direction?

IERide

Correct.. and it might take you backwards or (very) sideways for the pickup.. The idea is that if you are far from home, by using the desitinaton filter all the rides will eventually get you home and not randomly anywhere (like further from home)..
I usually set mine for about 20 miles past my house so it opens up the potential for even more rides..

Boombowie

I usually get 2 or 3 rides on the way home. Sometimes I hit a good ride going to my neighborhood but that’s pretty rare

FXService

WHP is literally 5 minutes away, LOL. I have no need to go to Tucson other than it would be a fantastic fare. #DreamBig... Haha

Okay, so it won’t necessarily take you to the specified location, just in the general direction?
Its fantastic on Black Car or SUV (yes people take this to Tucson) but on Select or below it's not worth the time.

Ansible

Screenshot_2018-04-28-02-52-17.png
I Uber in NYC, so can't say for sure how it works where you are in AZ. But for me, it makes my life ALOT easier!
--
I set my 1st destination trip in the morning (from my home in Brooklyn to where I Uber in Manhattan.) Usually 1 to 3 destination trips on way to Manhattan.
--
End of day, set 2nd destination trip back to Brooklyn - usually 1 to 3 more trips - average: $20 to $40+ per day!
--
Very convenient for me cuz without destination trips, I'd be going god knows where - and getting home much later.
--
What did you mean by "worth the wait"? When you set a destination, you're not waiting for a ride request, right? After setting a destination, start driving towards it. As you drive to destination, Uber sends you ride requests ONLY when pickups & destinations are ON THE WAY to YOUR destination. So you don't need to wait around for requests -- Just start driving to your destination -- Uber does the rest automatically. (My advice is to drive slower than usual to increase odds of getting more rides).
--
Check out my (attached) screen shot from last week. 12 destination trips -- that i normally wouldn't have received on the way to/from home & work!
--
Sorry for long response but.. kinda hard to explain. If any questions, let me know.

Jason

Last edited:

Uberduber420

I use two every day. The first one in the morning set to Phoenix airport. Usually get a hit. It’s harder to get one
Back to north Phoenix.

Part Time AZ

View attachment 225883

I Uber in NYC, so can't say for sure how it works where you are in AZ. But for me, it makes my life ALOT easier!
--
I set my 1st destination trip in the morning (from my home in Brooklyn to where I Uber in Manhattan.) Usually 1 to 3 destination trips on way to Manhattan.
--
End of day, set 2nd destination trip back to Brooklyn - usually 1 to 3 more trips - average: $20 to $40+ per day!
--
Very convenient for me cuz without destination trips, I'd be going god knows where - and getting home much later.
--
What did you mean by "worth the wait"? When you set a destination, you're not waiting for a ride request, right? After setting a destination, start driving towards it. As you drive to destination, Uber sends you ride requests ONLY when pickups & destinations are ON THE WAY to YOUR destination. So you don't need to wait around for requests -- Just start driving to your destination -- Uber does the rest automatically. (My advice is to drive slower than usual to increase odds of getting more rides).
--
Check out my (attached) screen shot from last week. 12 destination trips -- that i normally wouldn't have received on the way to/from home & work!
--
Sorry for long response but.. kinda hard to explain. If any questions, let me know.

Jason
Did you track your miles for that week? Do you use Stride App to document those miles?

It's useful at times. Worked ok for me this morning on Uber. I live in the east valley, but took a dude way the h up to the northern reaches of the metro, a $39 fare, 48 miles one way from central Gilbert. That trip was Lyft. But Uber got me 2 destination trips coming back south, first a trip down to Tatum in Scottsdale, then from there a 2nd ride in to Sky Harbor, halfways home. Last month I had a Sky Harbor rematch up to Vistancia, hung around for 30 min and got a Lyft dest trip back to the airport. So yeah, it can work real well at times. There are days when I use up all of my Lyft and Uber dest trips.

Ajaywill

I live on the West side of town, near the Cardinals stadium. I often find myself somewhere on the East side when I am ready to head home and will plug in Destination mode for either Westgate or Luke Air Force Base before heading home. Most of the time, I will get an Uber ride or two, very rarely do I get a Lyft ride in Destination mode, but it has happened. I also use it sometimes in the mornings...My full time job is near the State Capitol, so I will set D mode to Chase field...this morning I got three Uber rides on the way in to work. In my experience, it does work, but you need to use the Uber D Mode judiciously as you only get two per day. Also, be aware that the Lyft D mode will time out and kick you offline if you don't get a ride in 15 minutes.....

bizly

ive had bad luck with DF, but I still use it for writing off my commute. I either get no pings at all (most days) or a ping that'll either bring me ever so slightly closer to home or have me pick up a pax and take them on a whacky wild roundtrip that ends up being a huge waste of time and leaves me where I started

Reactions: MHR

Randomblina

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ive had bad luck with DF, but I still use it for writing off my commute. I either get no pings at all (most days) or a ping that'll either bring me ever so slightly closer to home or have me pick up a pax and take them on a whacky wild roundtrip that ends up being a huge waste of time and leaves me where I started
The last time I used it this is exactly what happened and I ended up 10 miles further north than I started.

DrRiq

Sometimes it backfires and sometime it’s a gem. If not pressed for time worth rolling the dice.

getnada.com

First ride on Sunday morning is 1.8 surge from Tempe to 19 ave and Broadway. I put destination back to Tempe and get a match 2 minutes in. Guy gets in the car and adds stop back to the pickup place. Thanks a lot Uber.