• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Destination rides only

Harleyfxdx1

$40. bucks a week? ... guess it depends what your destination is, what days and times you run your "errands" where you start and where you set your destination.

Why bother using the DF ... just turn your app on and be open to accepting whatever pings come in.

TheDevilisaParttimer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
$40. bucks a week? ... guess it depends what your destination is, what days and times you run your "errands" where you start and where you set your destination.

Why bother using the DF ... just turn your app on and be open to accepting whatever pings come in.
Because it's more worth my wild getting only 3-5 rides per week with absolute minimum dead miles.

Because it's more worth my wild getting only 3-5 rides per week with absolute minimum dead miles.
Btw I work in Atlanta but live in Conyers.

Britishpilot

Yep. That's why the other day when I was in Woodstock I set my destination to The Collection in Cumming, a ping comes in right away and the rider was going to Snelville....totally MY direction, right?
Well said. I am always skeptical when the pickup is far away from me. Like on the highway exit Barrett parkway go 3 miles west pick someone up at one of the shops only to take them to the Texas roadhouse next to the highway you just exited to pick them up. Sorry Screwber But working in practice and working in reality are not always the same thing.

TheDevilisaParttimer

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well said. I am always skeptical when the pickup is far away from me. Like on the highway exit Barrett parkway go 3 miles west pick someone up at one of the shops only to take them to the Texas roadhouse next to the highway you just exited to pick them up. Sorry Screwber But working in practice and working in reality are not always the same thing.
I just started testing it out. I hope I have a little better luck with riders going in correct direction than you guys.

crusoeatl

Like on the highway exit Barrett parkway go 3 miles west pick someone up at one of the shops only to take them to the Texas roadhouse next to the highway you just exited to pick them up.
I hear you. Today I was going from Marietta with destination set as Avalon, 75S to 285E to 400N. Around Roswell Rd. I get a ping towards "my" destination. I have to exit, drive 2.5 miles in traffic on Roswell Rd, get to pickup location only to find out that the guy was going down the street to a gas station and right back to the place we were (it didn't dawn on my to check for stops!). According to Uber, that's on the way to my destination. Huh? Come again??? Cancelled, of course. Pissed the guy off, told him I don't care.
Uber just made me waste 25min in traffic for a stupid, completely unrelated match to destination.