Destination Filter

EagleEye

I'm sure I read on one of the threads in the Miami forum, someone claiming to be using the destination filter.

Is the destination filter available here in South Florida? If so, how do you use it?

OdyUber

A lucky few have been selected to have this feature enabled. some don't even know they have it.

On the LA/OC forum, they speak of using ACRO to prompt it to appear, but i haven't been successful with that.

I have tried it on multiple IOS and Android devices with multiple older version as well as the latest SW from UBER.

The destination filter would greatly improve driver QoL when faced with long drives away from home or primary operating area.

Jae Garcia

A lucky few have been selected to have this feature enabled. some don't even know they have it.

On the LA/OC forum, they speak of using ACRO to prompt it to appear, but i haven't been successful with that.

I have tried it on multiple IOS and Android devices with multiple older version as well as the latest SW from UBER.

The destination filter would greatly improve driver QoL when faced with long drives away from home or primary operating area.

Whata ACRO?

Manotas

If it works better than Lyft's let me know... I use it with Lyft daily and only been matched w/ a Pax once

miauber1x831

It's worked very well for me. I usually turn it on when I'm making a trip that's 10+ miles and set a destination that's a little bit farther than my actual destination so as not to limit the requests that come in as much. I'd say I get at least 1 ping along my route about 75% of the time I use it, and usually multiple pings along the way. I usually decline the rides that are very short distances along my route and I sometimes get lucky enough where the pickup is close to where I'm departing from and their dropoff is close to my destination. Those are the best, and I'd say I chance upon those rides about 10-20% of the time.

Uber chick in miami

I only have it on Lyft and have yet to get a ping from it. It times you out within a certain amount of time as if they don't really want you to use it.

4-WARNED

It's worked very well for me. I usually turn it on when I'm making a trip that's 10+ miles and set a destination that's a little bit farther than my actual destination so as not to limit the requests that come in as much. I'd say I get at least 1 ping along my route about 75% of the time I use it, and usually multiple pings along the way. I usually decline the rides that are very short distances along my route and I sometimes get lucky enough where the pickup is close to where I'm departing from and their dropoff is close to my destination. Those are the best, and I'd say I chance upon those rides about 10-20% of the time.
Is the pay rate any different when using the destination feature?

miauber1x831

Is the pay rate any different when using the destination feature?
I believe they take even more than 25% commission on those rides but I haven't bothered with any analysis to figure out exactly how much they are taking. I've attached screenshots of the last 2 trips I did using the destination filter if you'd like to check for yourself.

Attachments

Ben To

Thanks for the screenshots of Destination Filter Feature.

30 min @ 9.1 mi. ($0.95 + $3.90 + $7.74) $12.59 - $8.14 pay-out = $4.45 = 35%
23min @ 8.9 mi. ($0.95 + $2.99 + $7.57) $11.51 - $7.46 pay-out = $4.05 = 35%

Calculations above don't include their booking fee of $1.70, just like our pay out summaries don't either. That means that the effective Uber commission is 43%, but for all intended purposes it's "35%"

($0.95 + $3.90 + $7.74 + $1.70) $14.29 - $8.14 pay-out = $6.15 = 43%
($0.95 + $2.99 + $7.57 + $1.70) $13.21 - $7.46 pay-out = $5.75 = 43.5%

Calculations if this was based on UberPool:
($0.95 + $3.00 + $6.83) = $10.78 - $2.70 = $8.08 vs. $8.14 pay-out
($0.95 + $2.30 + $6.68) = $9.93 - $2.48 = $7.45 vs. $7.46 pay-out

Conclusion: Destination Filter ALMOST equates to UberPool rates.

Last edited:

4-WARNED

Thanks for the screenshots of Destination Filter Feature.

30 min @ 9.1 mi. ($0.95 + $3.90 + $7.74) $12.59 - $8.14 pay-out = $4.45 = 35%
23min @ 8.9 mi. ($0.95 + $2.99 + $7.57) $11.51 - $7.46 pay-out = $4.05 = 35%

Calculations above don't include their booking fee of $1.70, just like our pay out summaries don't either. That means that the effective Uber commission is 43%

($0.95 + $3.90 + $7.74 + $1.70) $14.29 - $8.14 pay-out = $6.15 = 43%
($0.95 + $2.99 + $7.57 + $1.70) $13.21 - $7.46 pay-out = $5.75 = 43.5%
Are you sure? They show the actual fare as being just $10.86, and 25% of that (their cut) is indeed $2.72 so the final payout is $8.14. That's why I was initially suspicious of the actual mileage rate.

Ben To

Are you sure? They show the actual fare as being just $10.86, and 25% of that (their cut) is indeed $2.72 so the final payout is $8.14. That's why I was initially suspicious of the actual mileage rate.
DON'T BE UBER FOOLED!
JUST because they put a "Fare" price, doesn't mean it's the actual Pax PAID Price.
I mean, do the math.

Run your numbers based on
UberX Rates................$0.95 base + $0.85/mile + $0.13/minute.
UberPool Rates........... $0.95 base + $0.75/mile + $0.10/minute.
Lyft Rates.................. $0.90 base + $0.89/mile + $0.13/minute.

Verify my Math. They OBVIOUSLY don't want to show you a reduction of 35-43%.

They want you to just TRUST them... but the numbers don't lie.

Think about it: Why do UberPool rides with no surge end up as $1.61, $2.00, etc...? FORGET the $3-4 Rush hour rates going on right now... Do you really think the pax pay that price?! NO! They DO NOT disclose what the pax pays.

They show YOU what you're getting paid for!

Last edited:

4-WARNED

Well, the question then is what's that stated fare price actually based on? Its calculated from somewhere, not just some random number.

And yes, I can see your math is right based on the rates you stated, but as you said yourself, the price a pax actually pays has nothing to do with what a driver is paid, and aren't your numbers in fact based off the rates a passenger pays?

Ben To

Well, the question then is what's that stated fare price actually based on? Its calculated from somewhere, not just some random number.

And yes, I can see your math is right based on the rates you stated, but as you said yourself, the price a pax actually pays has nothing to do with what a driver is paid, and aren't your numbers in fact based off the rates a passenger pays?
Their system is designed to NOT Show Driver, the detail of their calculations. This is typical Uber, they won't disclose what they're making on a ride if you opted to go onto the Destination feature. I don't need to pop-out with the exact words Uber used for the destination feature addendum.

You should bet your bottom dollar that the pax will always pay the established rates. It's a greater issue for them to ensure their pax are billed well the first time, leaving the driver with whatever they can get away with paying.

The Number is not Random, a calculation is built-in, and the driver is rendered with the final "Fare," and the FEE Should equate to your 20 or 25% rate, and the effective pay-out is your bottom line.

Do we NOT know Uber by now? How long have you guys been doing this?

I'd suggest all you using this Destination feature ask your Passengers what they paid. I've seen posts on drivers asking and finding out the hard way.

Last edited:

4-WARNED

Their system is designed to NOT Show Driver, the detail of their calculations. This is typical Uber, they won't disclose what they're making on a ride if you opted to go onto the Destination feature. I don't need to pop-out with the exact words Uber used for the destination feature addendum.

You should bet your bottom dollar that the pax will always pay the established rates. It's a greater issue for them to ensure their pax are billed well the first time, leaving the driver with whatever they can get away with paying.

Do we NOT know Uber by now? How long have you guys been doing this?
We need to see a waybill. That should list a rate, but would it be the driver rate or the passenger rate??

OdyUber

DON'T BE UBER FOOLED!
JUST because they put a "Fare" price, doesn't mean it's the actual Pax PAID Price.
I mean, do the math.

Run your numbers based on
UberX Rates................$0.95 base + $0.85/mile + $0.13/minute.
UberPool Rates........... $0.95 base + $0.75/mile + $0.10/minute.
Lyft Rates.................. $0.90 base + $0.89/mile + $0.13/minute.

Verify my Math. They OBVIOUSLY don't want to show you a reduction of 35-43%.

They want you to just TRUST them... but the numbers don't lie.

Think about it: Why do UberPool rides with no surge end up as $1.61, $2.00, etc...? FORGET the $3-4 Rush hour rates going on right now... Do you really think the pax pay that price?! NO! They DO NOT disclose what the pax pays.

They show YOU what you're getting paid for!
Yet another violation of the contract. Section 4.1 clearly outlines the Briver-Rider relationship and subcontracts the billing function to Uber on the Driver's behalf.

Paying 35% on X rates or paying 25% of pool rates is about the same, as long as you're getting a fare in the right direction. But mailing a ficticious receipt like that could get them in trouble.

The same applies to the partial receipts we get for POOL rides.

Ben To

Yet another violation of the contract. Section 4.1 clearly outlines the Briver-Rider relationship and subcontracts the billing function to Uber on the Driver's behalf.

Paying 35% on X rates or paying 25% of pool rates is about the same, as long as you're getting a fare in the right direction. But mailing a ficticious receipt like that could get them in trouble.

The same applies to the partial receipts we get for POOL rides.
Our Driver Summary and Trip Summary is not a Receipt. It is a pay summary.
We go under "Earnings > Daily Earnings > Trips > Trip Detail > Estimated Pay out.

I'd say you have a case if ANYWHERE on that would it say "Receipt." It simply is not.

The Receipt is a statement of what a pax/customer PAYS, not what a driver receives.

Ben To

We need to see a waybill. That should list a rate, but would it be the driver rate or the passenger rate??
The Waybill is for Law Enforcement / Port Officials and only shows the initial Base Pay the Pax Pays.
This means that regardless of Surge pricing, it will only show the UberX or UberPool Rates.

I check all the time. UberX shows up to 4 pax, UberPool shows a max of 2 pax.

The numbers (rates) are intact.

I would definitely like to see the WayBill for the Destination Filter. Watch it be: UberX rates.

Why would any driver contest to that after having agreed to the Destination Filter Addendum?

Uber covers their arse ALL the Time. There's a reason they have hundreds of attorneys at a rate of $1,000/hour. (amounts are speculative)

OdyUber

Our Driver Summary and Trip Summary is not a Receipt. It is a pay summary.
We go under "Earnings > Daily Earnings > Trips > Trip Detail > Estimated Pay out.

I'd say you have a case if ANYWHERE on that would it say "Receipt." It simply is not.

The Receipt is a statement of what a pax/customer PAYS, not what a driver receives.
Here's the problem. the FARE number gets reported on our 1099, from which we later calculate and deduct the fees we paid uber.

Uberpool billing & incentives aside, it should match or there's serious billing fraud going on.