• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Destination Filter

LivingtheUberlife

So I took a trip to Nyc on sunday... so as I come out of the holland, I put the Df for Easton Pa, in what world is hobo to edison on the way to Easton, except that RT 287 is right by edison.

ZepFan

There is no question in my mind at this point that they have done something to screw with the destination filter. I've gotten two ride requests today going in the opposite direction of where I was looking to go. I took one of them but not the next 1. Uber is the scum of the Earth!

NJKing

I was on 495 about to enter I95N and I got a X that wanted me take I95S 14 min down. I took north it changed to 25 minutes. Paxhole called and I told him I am on my way home and kept on driving. Paxhole kept calling & texting and refused to cancel. I dragged him another 10 minutes and cancelled at Exxon on 1&9 marked not worth it and continued on.

Speedy_Gonzales

If it makes y’all feel any better, starting yesterday, they have done the same in my market (Toronto). Uber is definitely a scam, BUT........ luckily I still have one tool left in my toolbox, I know a glitch that Uber ‘thinks’ they’ve patched for us not to know where the riders are going before even turning on our engine, but little do they know, their programmers will never outsmart speedy Gonzales. I just accept trip, check where they are going, cancel if I don’t like it. Works like a charm!

Let Uber and all their investors rot in hell, I will expose this company and make things so hard for them, they will need to reinvent the wheel (their driver app) from scratch. BOOM!

Raptors in 5

ZepFan

Had my DF on to get home and got a request for 9 minutes east. I was on another app and could not see p/u location, which came up as 3.8mi away, but figured it would be on my way so I took it. The pic sums up the rest.

Attachments

I have been noticing the change in Uber's destination filter, but this morning proved to me it is now just another Uber lie.
It began as a useful tool that resulted in a journey towards your "destination". The programming behind it has changed to the point of uselessness.

This morning, I plugged in ewr (50 miles away). First ride was to a nearby bar that is having an event this morning. OK, whatever, 50 miles turns into 49.9 miles. While dropping off at the bar, I receive and accept a stacked ping.
I go pick up someone else and bring them to the EXACT SAME BAR. (both addresses were the name of the bar and the exact same address)

I can understand the programming not determining (or have difficulty determining) whether point A and point B is closer to the destination.
But how can the programming determine that point A is closer to the destination than point A?

They have intentionally re-rigged the DF to the point of useless and just lie to us again.
My last attempt at DF was hysterical. I set it 20 miles east to Hoboken from Chatham, so I get a ping “towards my destination “ 15 minutes away I think ok... algo maybe this time you got my back and you are sending me 15 min in the opposite way so I can get a really nice ride to JC, Hoboken or who knows EWR. Ok I will take this 15 min long ping.
So I get to Morristown and the ride is to Florham Park. 🤯 I’m like wtf, now I’m farther by what 15 min then my starting point .So I was like oh I get it. Cause I went all the way to Motown technically now this ride is towards my destination. I apologize Uber How dumb of me to question your logistics. First they took our 6 DFs, now they made it useless. stopped using 3 weeks ago. It’s dead to me.

Attachments

ZepFan

My last attempt at DF was hysterical. I set it 20 miles east to Hoboken from Chatham, so I get a ping “towards my destination “ 15 minutes away I think ok... algo maybe this time you got my back and you are sending me 15 min in the opposite way so I can get a really nice ride to JC, Hoboken or who knows EWR. Ok I will take this 15 min long ping.
So I get to Morristown and the ride is to Florham Park. 🤯 I’m like wtf, now I’m farther by what 15 min then my starting point .So I was like oh I get it. Cause I went all the way to Motown technically now this ride is towards my destination. I apologize Uber How dumb of me to question your logistics. First they took our 6 DFs, now they made it useless. stopped using 3 weeks ago. It’s dead to me.
I guess you don't see time and direction? Maybe you should call or text next time to be sure b4 going to the p/u. As soon as I saw this was that far behind me and I knew it would be getting me nowhere, I just kept driving towards home. He canceled eventually.

Had my DF on to get home and got a request for 9 minutes east. I was on another app and could not see p/u location, which came up as 3.8mi away, but figured it would be on my way so I took it. The pic sums up the rest.
I think I know the glitch you are talking about, they just patched one that now I will give away. I used to be able to set my DF to EWR approach the airport and then I would cancel it and reset it over and over and would get a rebound ping. For 6 months I never entered the queue. 😂😂😂. Last week it stop working but I’m constantly trying to explore their app for glitches. I used to do it as a kid with video games.
Good for you speedy Gonzalez.
Post automatically merged:

I guess you don't see time and direction? Maybe you should call or text next time to be sure b4 going to the p/u. As soon as I saw this was that far behind me and I knew it would be getting me nowhere, I just kept driving towards home. He canceled eventually.
I do see it but it didn’t come up this time. And no I don’t call or text riders, it’s a waste of time. Just like if a rider calls me right after I excepted a ride I immediately cancel. From experience I’ve learned that it’s always trouble. There’s no need to order a Uber and immediately call your driver. Somethings up. And 9 out of 10 something is. You know what I’m talking about. Another thing about what you said what’s up with people not canceling rides. One time I did what you said happened to you and 45 minutes later I get home and the dude is still calling lol. I turned my phone off and went to sleep. Most riders are dirtbags, no one at my job knows I drive for Uber and I hear the convos, they have 0 respect for drivers as people and specially for your property, I heard a guy talking about a Uber ride and he was like” it’s my Uber I can do whatever I want, I even slam the door as hard as I can...he’s the idiot driving us around for peanuts... looser” 🤯

Last edited:

ZepFan

I think I know the glitch you are talking about, they just patched one that now I will give away. I used to be able to set my DF to EWR approach the airport and then I would cancel it and reset it over and over and would get a rebound ping. For 6 months I never entered the queue. 😂😂😂. Last week it stop working but I’m constantly trying to explore their app for glitches. I used to do it as a kid with video games.
Good for you speedy Gonzalez.

I do see it but it didn’t come up this time. And no I don’t call or text riders, it’s a waste of time. Just like if a rider calls me right after I excepted a ride I immediately cancel. From experience I’ve learned that it’s always trouble. There’s no need to order a Uber and immediately call your driver. Somethings up. And 9 out of 10 something is. You know what I’m talking about. Another thing about what you said what’s up with people not canceling rides. One time I did what you said happened to you and 45 minutes later I get home and the dude is still calling lol. I turned my phone off and went to sleep. Most riders are dirtbags, no one at my job knows I drive for Uber and I hear the convos, they have 0 respect for drivers as people and specially for your property, I heard a guy talking about a Uber ride and he was like” it’s my Uber I can do whatever I want, I even slam the door as hard as I can...he’s the idiot driving us around for peanuts... looser” 🤯
I'll tell you a funny story. A month or so ago I had my minivan out on a Saturday and I got a request that was like 8 miles away from where I was. It was too far and I decided I wasn't going to do the pick up. So I was waiting for the passenger to cancel and they just didn't do it. They ended up probably using somebody else's app to call for another one so they left me hanging.

I didn't wanna take the cancelation hit so I had my lift app on and after 2 rides I got to within a couple of miles of the other pick up. I drove there, and waited out the timer and got a $14 cancelation fee. Excuse me if I LMAO!

IamtheShoe2u

I'll tell you a funny story. A month or so ago I had my minivan out on a Saturday and I got a request that was like 8 miles away from where I was. It was too far and I decided I wasn't going to do the pick up. So I was waiting for the passenger to cancel and they just didn't do it. They ended up probably using somebody else's app to call for another one so they left me hanging.

I didn't wanna take the cancelation hit so I had my lift app on and after 2 rides I got to within a couple of miles of the other pick up. I drove there, and waited out the timer and got a $14 cancelation fee. Excuse me if I LMAO!
Why do people brag about shit on here that will get them deactivated if Uber finds out. "It takes a special kind of _____" I'd say...

Bork_Bork_Bork

Little to nothing is secure today. Everything you say or do on the web is being recorded/monitored/tracked somewhere by someone. Best to leave as little footprint as possible. Big brother is everywhere.
If people had any clue as to what both the Uber and LYFT app actually monitored....they’d be gobsmacked. The app not being on, use location only while using etc.....all smoke and mirrors. This app knows what you’re doing....

Uber burn in hell

Good answer.
@ZepFan i thought I was the “el magico” but with that one I must bow to you. 🙇‍♀️ allah akbar!

If people had any clue as to what both the Uber and LYFT app actually monitored....they’d be gobsmacked. The app not being on, use location only while using etc.....all smoke and mirrors. This app knows what you’re doing....
Just google “God mode” “ Devil mode”, look back when Uber had spies and had a program that would order fake Lyft drivers Away from an area. they are tracking everything .The other day I turned off my data,my location, my wi-fi, my Bluetooth and for about 30 minutes my car was still being tracked on the map. Then it stopped🤔.

Last edited:

Bork_Bork_Bork

@ZepFan i thought I was the “el magico” but with that one I must bow to you. 🙇‍♀️ allah akbar!

Just google “God mode” “ Devil mode”, look back when Uber had spies and had a program that would order fake Lyft drivers Away from an area. they are tracking everything .The other day I turned off my data,my location, my wi-fi, my Bluetooth and for about 30 minutes my car was still being tracked on the map. Then it stopped🤔.
If you know how to sniff packets, give it a whirl, all your rideshare apps off.....see ALL the data still being sent to their servers. It’s enlightening.....to say the least.

ZepFan

Honestly, I had never done anything like that before and I probably wouldn't do it again. And if it weren't for Uber pro I definitely wouldn't have done it.