Destination Filter way off today

ParrotFish

I was at 95th and Cicero today. I set the df for home in Norridge. Headed north on Cicero. Got a pickup that took me west to Damen. Next took me to Hyde park. Then to Delano and Roosevelt. Even the suggested navigation would have taken me north on Cicero. I had also set the time of arrival. I was in Hyde park instead of norridge at the set arrival time.

Last edited:

ParrotFish

I dont know why you'd ever set your DF for Norridge. I live just outside Norridge, I always, always set my home DF for ORD. Nobody's going to damned Norridge.
I was heading home. No intention of heading to O'Hare on a Friday rush hour.

Hazmat

95th and Cicero. My solution to that is LOG THE F*CK OFF and eat the miles to wherever I want to be. Straight west to the tollway. Buh bye! Nothing good ever happens for me there and I refuse to waste my time. If I can go south and stay close to the lake, no problem. Southwest is kiss of death every time for me.

I was heading home. No intention of heading to O'Hare on a Friday rush hour.

Better chance of a ping going the right way if you had ORD I bet. Lakersfan is right on this one, and Norridge is practically O'Hare.

ParrotFish

95th and Cicero. My solution to that is LOG THE F*CK OFF and eat the miles to wherever I want to be. Straight west to the tollway. Buh bye! Nothing good ever happens for me there and I refuse to waste my time. If I can go south and stay close to the lake, no problem. Southwest is kiss of death every time for me.

Better chance of a ping going the right way if you had ORD I bet. Lakersfan is right on this one, and Norridge is practically O'Hare.
I'll give it a shot next time. I'm working 95th / western now so trying to maximize getting a ride or two on the way home. If expressway is busy it's easier to go local on western, cicero, pulaski etc. Maybe get a worker going to mdw. Trial and error :smiles:

Hazmat

I'll give it a shot next time. I'm working 95th / western now so trying to maximize getting a ride or two on the way home. If expressway is busy it's easier to go local on western, cicero, pulaski etc. Maybe get a worker going to mdw. Trial and error :smiles:

Yeah, it's mostly error for me! I absolutely will never take a pool ride in that area either. The last kid I threw out had his parents order him a car for a 3 block ride. Get the f*ck out, now. I pounce on the chance at the tollway typically if I get stuck there though. If traffic is decent and it's much later in the evening, that's the only way things have a chance to work out for me.

ParrotFish

Yeah, it's mostly error for me! I absolutely will never take a pool ride in that area either. The last kid I threw out had his parents order him a car for a 3 block ride. Get the f*ck out, now. I pounce on the chance at the tollway typically if I get stuck there though. If traffic is decent and it's much later in the evening, that's the only way things have a chance to work out for me.
If traffic isn't bad on 94, duck into Hyde Park. I've always got a ride downtown from there.

DancingBear

I use DF a lot. Every time I make an adjustment to the arrival time, the next pings take me back to the loop and tell me to get on the highway to make it on time to the end. I'm still learning to work with it, but if you only want to go in one direction, do not adjust the arrival time, and maybe get there without a matching trip.

For instance, if I allow too much time to get to Evanston from Lincoln Park, Uber can send me to Hyde Park and say, "You still have time to make your Evanston appointment."

ParrotFish

Will I can't get a reasonable trip on my routes using the df to my new job and entering an arrival time. Heading south to 95th on Cicero in the mornings hoping to catch a mdw ride on the way. Accepted a ping off Cicero west side. She was heading dt into the morning rush. No way was doing it. The lovely lady called me a " piece of S?!;;" as doors were locked and I drove away. Another ping 25 mins away.

Maybe entering no arrival time is my next move to keep me on course.

Uberana

Will I can't get a reasonable trip on my routes using the df to my new job and entering an arrival time. Heading south to 95th on Cicero in the mornings hoping to catch a mdw ride on the way. Accepted a ping off Cicero west side. She was heading dt into the morning rush. No way was doing it. The lovely lady called me a " piece of S?!;;" as doors were locked and I drove away. Another ping 25 mins away.

Maybe entering no arrival time is my next move to keep me on course.
I never set an arrival time. I've never had an issue.