Destination Filter: Minneapolis

poopyhead

Yeah that would be cool to basically have your commute paid for by picking up a passenger. Also for me i live near the edge inside the service area, but far from the city. Fares gradually bring me into the city, but then eventually i gotta head home at my own expense.

timothyj

This forum is not always negative. For example I am excited about getting an email about the upcoming Destination Filter feature. It really helps part-timers like myself who often hesitate whether to log-in when I commute to work.
View attachment 50045
I too am excited to exploit this new feature! If there is an event at the excel, I am headed DT and putting my filter to the Excel. In the mornings, I will put my filter to the airport. When I am stuck in SP, I will set my filter to DT MPLS. It is like a filter to get you the long trips, lol.

poopyhead

That would make it easier to chase a surge or get back to the guaranteed rate areas. Wouldn't have to worry about having to take a detour to pick up fares in the boonies.

Curmudg

That is awesome - especially when you are near end of you shift - If I'm downtown, I REALLY don't want to go to Maple Grove, but Eagan or airport, yeah. Can't wait. I'll work way more with this (picking people up I know are going towards my FT job....

Hilljacker

Definitely a good idea but I thought I read somewhere that you could only use the filter twice in one day? I might be thinking of something else....

poopyhead

Yeah, that's what i saw in youtube videos. Useful for getting home or trying to get to a surge without wasting your own money.
2/day

Uzcaliber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
In the past I suggested to Uber to put a Destination Filter but drivers can only use it once every 6-8 hours to prevent it from being abused.
From what I read, when this filter pilot program was launch in other city, they could only use it for a limited times daily. Chances are we will see the same thing which works great for my case during my commute to work. Uber would rather see me logging on instead of being afraid of getting a trip going the opposite direction.

Uzcaliber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I too am excited to exploit this new feature! If there is an event at the excel, I am headed DT and putting my filter to the Excel. In the mornings, I will put my filter to the airport. When I am stuck in SP, I will set my filter to DT MPLS. It is like a filter to get you the long trips, lol.
Setting the destination filter doesn't mean your trip will end there but the same direction. You may be dropping off half way, could be a short trip, for example.

uberist

I asked about this and was sent an email thanking me for volunteering, and they would contact me in a couple weeks with a survey on how I liked it.

I thought I would get some sort notice to download or update but nothing, I emailed them and they just send me the instructions over and over again.

But none of the features are in my app, maybe it's because I use android and not apple.

Really bummed I like to stay close to home in the beach city's, this would be perfect for when I drop off in Hollywood and want to head back to the beach

poopyhead

Maybe the message was just to hype it up. I should have read it closer, but i was too excited. If you update your app and go online let me know what it said.