Destination filter fails...

Remy Hendra

Got a trip to Tysons Corner From DC and wanted to go back to the reward zone area so I tried the destination filter and set it to DCA (Arlington, VA). Got a matched trip from the office area near Gallows Rd and Old Courthouse Rd, picker her up, and dropped her off at Founding Farmers in well, TYSONS @@@@ING CORNER...1.6 miles away...less than $4. Complained to uber and here is their response:

"Thanks for reaching out. I’m so sorry to hear about your app, I definitely know that could be frustrating, but don’t worry I’m here to help.

I can understand your concern, this might happen due to some technical glitch or network problem.I hope your problem will resolved very quickly.

Our team is aware of this issue. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here to help."

At least they're aware of this issue....why released this feature if it's not working? They just wanted to make more money out of us...

HotRodriguez75

I had a round trip that totaled .61 miles. It was literally taking me .3 miles closer to my destination but I lost that when I did the round trip.

All I could do was look at where I picked them up and think that is like a 5-10 minute walk. I chalked it up as a loss and decided to call it a night.

4aseason

Yeah! I had something similar this morning. I had to turn the destination feature off and just dead head to my location.

Remy Hendra

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The idea is to take the pax who's going the same direction and closer to our destination...not taking them to 7-11 around the corner.

UberMetalPunk

I think you have to be careful to truly be driving in the direction that you want to go when you start the destination filter. Otherwise it will think that you want to go in the other direction (if you are driving that way) to get to your destination.

I had this happen yesterday when I tried it and I set my pin at Centreville, Va while I was in Alexandria just off of 395 and 495 but I got on 395 North accidentally instead of 495 to head towards 66 and the filter figured I was going to go that way via heading into DC, so what does it do? Something logical? nope...it gave me a pickup heading into DC as I think it though I was going THAT way to get to 66 to head west to Centreville. I'm pretty sure that's how it works.

Be sure you are driving the way you really want to go on the way to your destination before you give it the green light to look for matches.

bart2puck

I have had nothing but success with it. a few have gotten me from DC to herndon ( i live out west). I have had a few nights that get me 2-3 short trips in the direction i am going, and a few duds. I tested driving the opposite way with filter behind me 3 times and got pings all 3 times behind me between me and my destination. i shutter to say it, but for once, I am happy with an uber update.

Kawiz03

Ive had one going in the oposite direction i filtered it for National Harbor was in Downtown Bethesda and the trip sent me to Potomac off Bradley and Seven Locks which is going north. Anyother time I got a person going to Colesville from Silver Spring when i set it to Ellicott City which is north of Silver Spring. So it works so-so only issue is you cant filter while in queue at airports.

YelpMan

I had a round trip that totaled .61 miles. It was literally taking me .3 miles closer to my destination but I lost that when I did the round trip.

All I could do was look at where I picked them up and think that is like a 5-10 minute walk. I chalked it up as a loss and decided to call it a night.
I had the same kind of thing happen to me. Where the person was going a couple of miles dropping the kid off and then going back home. It wasn't too big of a deal because the daycare was only marginally closer anyway, and I wasn't in any hurry. I would not use it if you are in a hurry.

Avalon

I had an issue when I wanted to go from Rosslyn to Fairfax (was going home). I had to go the wrong direction to pickup somebody from Clarendon Blvd and drop them off .5 mile from where I was, initially. Waste of time. So, I decided to shut down the app and just drive home.

Yesterday I was going from Fairfax to DC and got two rides...the first took me to Crystal City...the 2nd took me to DC.

I guess it does work...sometimes.

YelpMan

I had an issue when I wanted to go from Rosslyn to Fairfax (was going home). I had to go the wrong direction to pickup somebody from Clarendon Blvd and drop them off .5 mile from where I was, initially. Waste of time. So, I decided to shut down the app and just drive home.

Yesterday I was going from Fairfax to DC and got two rides...the first took me to Crystal City...the 2nd took me to DC.

I guess it does work...sometimes.
Yeah, it can definitely be a waste of time using it when you get one short trip like that. But at the Fairfax to DC worked out yesterday.

I posted this issue before. I try to get a trip in while heading to work (PG County MD to downtown DC) and I ended up getting a ping close to home but went to Alexandria VA...really?! Thankfully, I still made it to work on time. Needless to say, I haven't tried that again.

Wizar

Got a trip to Tysons Corner From DC and wanted to go back to the reward zone area so I tried the destination filter and set it to DCA (Arlington, VA). Got a matched trip from the office area near Gallows Rd and Old Courthouse Rd, picker her up, and dropped her off at Founding Farmers in well, TYSONS &%[email protected]!*ING CORNER...1.6 miles away...less than $4. Complained to uber and here is their response:

"Thanks for reaching out. I’m so sorry to hear about your app, I definitely know that could be frustrating, but don’t worry I’m here to help.

I can understand your concern, this might happen due to some technical glitch or network problem.I hope your problem will resolved very quickly.

Our team is aware of this issue. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused and we appreciate your patience as we work to resolve it as quickly as we can.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns. We're here to help."

At least they're aware of this issue....why released this feature if it's not working? They just wanted to make more money out of us...

Whenever you are using destination filter call them and tell them that you are heading a certain way and confirm that they are as well otherwise cancel the request as
Wrong adress

mpm017

I've got one for ya. I tried to get a destiation trip from work on my way home. Work in Ashburn and live in Marshall, sometimes I get them to aldie, stone ridge, leesburg, etc. I get a ping for hogback mountain that says 24 minute eta I go "ok thats fine kind of on my way" but GPS want me to go the greenway and I decide against paying a $5 toll for what could be a min. fare so I go the roundabout way and get there in like 25 minutes... when I get there I text about my arrival (thinking its kind of strange they didn't cancel but figure its hard to get an Uber in that area) and the reply i get is "who is this?" I explain that I'm the Uber to which I get the reply "oh sorry the app said that I had cancelled" to which I said "No... no cancel otherwise I wouldn't be here/able to contact you. I drove 30 minutes out of my way (really like 10 but who's counting?) so do you need a ride or nah?" to which I get a no. so I respond "Well thanks. I appreciate it. You're a horrible human being" knowing that she knows very damn well that she never cancelled and she was trying to avoid the $5 fee which she was charged anyway so I decided to head home and grab some beer and here. i. am.