1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Destination filter at airport queue

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Ana C., Nov 7, 2017.

1. Ana C.

Ana C.

Driving:
    UberX
    Hi :)
    I'm a Uber Driver in Portugal and I learned a lot from you and this fórum.
    I know that rules are different from country to country, but normally you are the incubator to the rest of the market. So, probably a dumb question, but is it possible to have the DF ON and get in the queue of APT? Whith "guarantee" of trips to you destination? If it's not, what whappens when you in the line whit DF ON? you will get no trips at all, right?
    Thank you

Cableguynoe and blueberrycrunch like this.
  2. MHR

MHR Moderator

You will not be put in queue with DF on.

3. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    DF and airport queue are incompatible. Choose either one or the other.

Nice photo BTW.

unPat and Cableguynoe like this.
  4. Ana C.

Ana C.

Driving:
    UberX
    So, thats a nice way to get pings around the APT? if, for some reason, you want to stay there, but not in the line. I don't know how it Works with you, but here, if you are in the queue you can get a pinf from outside. make some miles out and get just 7 or 8€.

Thank's

5. MHR

MHR Moderator

Yes.

Also, if you're in the queue you can still receive pings for outside the airport but nearby. That's actually a big complaint for some, getting non-airport requests while waiting in queue.

6. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I don't like getting non airport pings when I'm in the queue; that's the whole reason I went to the airport (to try to get a long trip). There is a pretty bad 'hood pretty close to the airport too.

But I can see why the app would send non airport pings to queued drivers; if it didn't the wait times would be long for the riders. There are plenty of drivers I've talked to who don't care about pax rating, pickup location, etc....they just want money. They tend to be full timers.

7. Ana C.

Ana C.

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks for help. I'm a newby, so I'm testing. My point is: Our airport is small, so you can almost visualize everyone (in uber black) besides the INFO that the app gives you.
    1. You turn the DF on
    2. Its suppost to ping first for you outside of the airport (?), if some rider goes on the same direction.
    3. If it does not ping, and suddently there is no one in the queue, you turn off DF, and you will be the first one.
    4. you still have 2 DF to use
    ---or---
    5. None of this makes sense

Lisbon APT is small. If you are doing UBER X you wait 10, 20, 30. Doing Uber Black, I already waited 3 hours! Sunday. I think that it Works like a decoy: You think "I'm already here, I will not go out of line, I just have 2/3 cars in front of me" and you stay. Thats normal here

Cableguynoe and MadTownUberD like this.