Desperation...Accepting Ping 69 minutes Away!!!!

Raquel

So to illustrate uber's point that there are enough idiots willing to drive for peanuts and do whatever uber say
s ...I set the pin location 69 minutes away to some random place far away.......and someone accepted!!!! I actually texted to see if this tool would actually come and he answered me that he is on his way!! I cancelled right then. But what is wrong with some of these drivers?????? Seriously 69 minutes away??? What if I had been a minimum fare???

How could you accept a ping 69 minutes away ???

Then right after that another idiot accepted a ping 43 minutes away..

Screenshot_2015-08-18-05-02-17.pngScreenshot_2015-08-18-04-29-57.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan Dixon

Damn, I thought the Charlotte coverage area was big. That would be like accepting a ping in Cornelius when you are in Pineville.

UberReallySucks

So to illustrate uber's point that there are enough idiots willing to drive for peanuts and do whatever uber say
s ...I set the pin location 69 minutes away to some random place far away.......and someone accepted!!!! I actually texted to see if this tool would actually come and he answered me that he is on his way!! I cancelled right then. But what is wrong with some of these drivers?????? Seriously 69 minutes away??? What if I had been a minimum fare???

This goes to show how desperate some drivers are and how they make up for such easy prey and are constantly taken advantage off by corporate UBER as well as its Uberer clients, as one keeps lowering the rates and the other keeps praising them for how great their service is. Neither is asking themselves how a $ 7.00 average fare - minus fees and "including" the tip is doing any good to the driver partner.
The driver partner who has to drive miles for a pick up, look for these Uberers in sometimes heavy traffic areas, park where there's no parking available and wait 5 minutes because they are not quite ready to be picked up or do not make it easy to be found... which brings us to the question: who's more evil? The technology company that decides every detail about how transportation is done or the riders that think UBEr is ssssoooooooooo much better and more convenient than cabs but never stop to ask themselves how can something be sooo much better be sooo much cheaper and yet not require a little show of appreciation in the form of a gratuity?

JMBF831

That's nuts. I'm still new, but I cringe at the sight of a 20 minute ping. Couldn't imagine seeing a 69-minute one, I'd probably just laugh and let the countdown beep go away and wait for another ping from someone a LITTLE bit closer lol

I do wonder if some drivers just aren't smart enough to know what they're doing and are just being taken advantage of. It is sort of sad, but I am glad I found this forum and started learning the ropes very early.

Manotas

69? minutes??? Heck no, I don't even drive 15 min to pickup anyone... and the lower the Pax rating the the shorter the distance I'm willing to drive. I feel bad for that fool that accepting the ping

Curmudg

That's nuts. I'm still new, but I cringe at the sight of a 20 minute ping. Couldn't imagine seeing a 69-minute one, I'd probably just laugh and let the countdown beep go away and wait for another ping from someone a LITTLE bit closer lol

I do wonder if some drivers just aren't smart enough to know what they're doing and are just being taken advantage of. It is sort of sad, but I am glad I found this forum and started learning the ropes very early.
I am in Minneapolis- but sometimes you really regret going for those long pings ("can you bring me to the local conveniences store and back" (no tip of course) - but usually - they are going somewhere, and the ping is coming from far away, and my experience, when I drive 20+- they are going a long way to airport, or downtown, and might take an hour to pick up and deliver, but while risky, usually a $35+ fare, not bad for an hour IMHO..

BaitNSwitch

Survival of the fittest. Some people aren't smart enough and are meant to be taken advantage of. Welcome to the real world.

Zebonkey

View attachment 11899View attachment 11900
Not too long ago I accepted a ping from Tiburon about 40 min away for a $600 SUV ride to Gilroy.
It's a very affluent neighborhood, and after accepting the ping, I called the pax and asked them about the destination. Needless to say, that I would have canceled anything under a $150 trip.