Deposits paid but have second thoughts

ken chua

Hey guys,

Need some advice. I have paid deposit $500 for a used Vezel from LCR and to collect car this friday 29 Sept.

I have a invoice for $500 paid and other info like incentives.

I am having second thoughts about driving for uber and would like to know any penalty if i were to go down to uber office and inform them i wanna cancel this collection on friday 10 am.

I am ok if to just lose the $500. I did not sign any rental agreement yet but i think i got sign on a pad but i received only an invoice.

So i am hoping its just forfeit of $500 thats all. Any advice appreciated before i go down to the office tomorrow morning.

Tuck fei

First of all what the reason u want to give up the deposit? If u found a better job, family constraints then go ahead forfeit. If u want to drive for grab my advise is don't. U and G is about the same. As u are new the incentive they give is damn good. The best way to suck from this two company is join them one by one using their car rental as new driver got rebates. Now just drive for uber, After 6 mth then jump to grab. After 6 mth go find three party enjoy best of both worlds.

Ultracraft

You so generous! Willing to forfeit $500. OMG! $500 can buy a lot of things. :biggrin:

When I was a new driver and rented from LCR for 5 weeks, I only get $500 cash incentive. And this bloody LCR took 2 months to release the $500 to me. :frown:

ken chua

Good morning,

I have been reading about the problematic pickup/dropoff points and terrible UG pax in forum here and think it will be very stressful especially picking up pax along taxi stands.

I feel for PHV drivers. Taxi drivers wanna sabo us, cameras around many pickup places. Kena 1 summon already $100 plus gone.
That is why having second thoughts about driving private car.

Ultracraft

Don't fret. Everyone of us needs to start from somewhere and get ourselves wet along the way before becoming a more proficient pro PHC driver. Don't be too discouraged by what were being posted here. Do remember, no one was born to walk.

Justacabby

Simi sabo. Sign so big "Only Taxi" yet so many kumgong go inside.
Those smarter ph drivers will call their pax not to wait there or cancel the booking.

If i want to sabo phv i will not be able to sleep after I get home.

Good morning,

I have been reading about the problematic pickup/dropoff points and terrible UG pax in forum here and think it will be very stressful especially picking up pax along taxi stands.

I feel for PHV drivers. Taxi drivers wanna sabo us, cameras around many pickup places. Kena 1 summon already $100 plus gone.
That is why having second thoughts about driving private car.

Drive taxi lagi more stressful. Pax flag you at traffice light juntion, zebra crossing and bus stop. Lol

Yes drive PH. Don't drive taxi, please.

ic3st0rmer

I think it is really up to individual if prefer driving taxi over PH or vice versa.

I know same TD switched to PH and switched back again, whereas there are also some that switched from taxi to PH and not switching back.

It is true that TD have leeway about taxi stands and plying, but they also face passengers who ran off without paying; etc.

Observingonly

People who drive taxis will know that lately business has been very good. This could have been due to the shrinking taxi number on the road. In fact I think the shortage of taxis at some places at some hours are quite serious.

No reasons for taxi drivers to sabo PH. No need to.

Mikasa A

Hey guys,

Need some advice. I have paid deposit $500 for a used Vezel from LCR and to collect car this friday 29 Sept.

I have a invoice for $500 paid and other info like incentives.

I am having second thoughts about driving for uber and would like to know any penalty if i were to go down to uber office and inform them i wanna cancel this collection on friday 10 am.

I am ok if to just lose the $500. I did not sign any rental agreement yet but i think i got sign on a pad but i received only an invoice.

So i am hoping its just forfeit of $500 thats all. Any advice appreciated before i go down to the office tomorrow morning.

You are damm rich..Just happily donated out $500 to Uber..If everyday got so many people like you donate $500 to uber.. think they also don't mind having their cars continue to park at Big box or else where..

Your handsome pic look like a pilot.. Better stick to that job..

asriznet

Drive taxi lagi more stressful. Pax flag you at traffice light juntion, zebra crossing and bus stop. Lol

why stressful? unless you would still stop for these type of passengers and hoping authorities or dashcams don't have eyes on you?

ken chua

You are damm rich..Just happily donated out $500 to Uber..If everyday got so many people like you donate $500 to uber.. think they also don't mind having their cars continue to park at Big box or else where..

Your handsome pic look like a pilot.. Better stick to that job..

Uber will return my deposit in 2 weeks time.

ustar

These days collect car then can drive immediately is it? I thought must wait a few weeks for classes, pass PDVL first then can start driving?

razorblade

OP is entitled to having his deposit back after all. At the end of the day, he has not signed the rental agreement (the contract).