• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Denton drivers?

eeg0031

Good morning!
I was curious to see if there are any Denton drivers that use this forum? I'd love to hear from you guys.
Thanks!

Oldwarrior

I have clients I pickup every week in Denton that I take to DFW. Picked up one this morning at 4am...

eeg0031

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry. I saw this late but denton is 95% MIN RIDES. No matter the surge, not worth it unkess you drop there into a huge surge
I live in Denton, so I drive in Denton. You're right, lots and lots of short rides. But I do get a few of long ones. It's convenient for me as I'm only driving on the weekends, and I usually hit those 2am surges.

A J Driver

Just now saw the post. I live and drive in Denton. It's not that bad. I don't mind the short rides and it get's really busy around 9pm on Friday and Saturday. I mostly drive in the morning and I stay nonstop busy. I do take a lot of trips to DFW. If I drive for about 6 hours I'll usually take 2 DFW trips.

uberparadise

Good morning!
I was curious to see if there are any Denton drivers that use this forum? I'd love to hear from you guys.
Thanks!
It's pretty rough and the cops write tickets for as little as 3 or 4 over the speed limit. A ticket and $10 an hour net adds up to Uber hell! But, Hey if that moves the needle for you in life go for it.

eeg0031

It's pretty rough and the cops write tickets for as little as 3 or 4 over the speed limit. A ticket and $10 an hour net adds up to Uber hell! But, Hey if that moves the needle for you in life go for it.
Hm. I've lived here almost 10 years and I've never been pulled over or had an issue with cops being difficult. I regularly drive over the speed limit in certain parts of Denton, but I'm always very conscious of my surroundings and keep an eye out for police.

Pax are much better though.
Uber should just implement a permanent surge around uptown, downtown & park cities.
I agree regarding the permanent surge, especially when school is in session. It's pretty much a guaranteed surge late Friday and Saturday nights. I've never had an issue with a Denton passenger, and I've been able to have many pleasant conversations with them. A gentleman even gave me a fifty dollar tip because he felt so bad about his friends being rowdy. They just wanted to listen to music and talk

TDKPyrostasis

I just started ubering (with eats but soon uber).

Saw the surge in Denton and got excited. 6 back to back runs then nothing for 30 minutes in 1.5x surge. Tried it again on Sunday same basic deal. Few nice runs then dies around 8pm.

May try it again if I can get someone who needs to go to denton and then someone that needs to head back towards lewisville but just not sure its worth it. Figure during school times it'll be worth it for sure.

Also what is with the insanely low speed limits on some of those roads? 4 miles at 30mph on a dead empty road is soul crushing.

eeg0031

I just started ubering (with eats but soon uber).

Saw the surge in Denton and got excited. 6 back to back runs then nothing for 30 minutes in 1.5x surge. Tried it again on Sunday same basic deal. Few nice runs then dies around 8pm.

May try it again if I can get someone who needs to go to denton and then someone that needs to head back towards lewisville but just not sure its worth it. Figure during school times it'll be worth it for sure.

Also what is with the insanely low speed limits on some of those roads? 4 miles at 30mph on a dead empty road is soul crushing.
Yes, I've certainly noticed a decrease in requests since school has been out. I'm expecting it to pick up again in August when everyone comes back.

And there are some dumb speed limits. I would suggest being extra cautious at night. I always see lots of cops out, but typically they have already pulled over someone.

TDKPyrostasis

Yes, I've certainly noticed a decrease in requests since school has been out. I'm expecting it to pick up again in August when everyone comes back.

And there are some dumb speed limits. I would suggest being extra cautious at night. I always see lots of cops out, but typically they have already pulled over someone.
Yeah I just set the smart cruise control at the speed limit and white knuckle it till its over.

eeg0031

How successful are you with Lyft in the DFW area? Are there areas that are more Lyft heavy as opposed to Uber? I stay plenty busy in Denton with Uber, but I'm curious to know more about Lyft and if it's worth trying it out.

I thought I would include this in this thread since it's already caught the attention of some Denton/DFW folks.