1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

DEN airport queue...

Discussion in 'Denver' started by ODAWD, Apr 26, 2018.

1. ODAWD

ODAWD New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Been sitting in the queue for nearly 4 hours today.
    Should of bailed a long time ago.

Am I dumb for even attempting to do the airport queue?

How many of you are using or ignoring the Denver airport?

2. Crazy_urn

Crazy_urn Well-Known Member

With rematch the queue is a terrible idea. Unless you're there when there are a lot of flights coming in and none going out you are going to waste your time.

Duber12 and ODAWD like this.
  3. Urban Uber

Urban Uber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What??? How long did you eventually stay. But the real question is what type of fare//trip would be received to compensate ( profit) for your wait time??? I think the strategy after drop off and no rematch is to head away from DIA and hope for a trip back and a possible re-match... new hotels near UC hospital, old Stapleton hotels, etc.

4. Kaiser Soze

Kaiser Soze Active Member

4 hours? You could've made 100 bucks in those 4 hours. Always be in motion.

Mainah, DenverRideGirl and Duber12 like this.
  5. Daisey77

Daisey77 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    What platform were you running?

6. extraneat

extraneat New Member

Unless you’re tired,going to the que is the stupidest thing you can do. If you don’t get a rematch, just venture out of the airport few miles and you will get a ping.

Mainah and DenverRideGirl like this.
  7. Medic303

Medic303 Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My waits are upwards of 4-5 hours also. I don’t like putting on miles so waiting isn’t a big deal for me. I nap there when tired and I split my time watching movies or running my business. Since Uber isn’t my main income I can justify those waits.

8. DenverRideGirl

DenverRideGirl Active Member

You’d make min $15 on even the slowest days usually — so in that 4 hrs you could of made at least $60. Unless you want to nap don’t go there. We have all done it — usually more than once. No matter even if I’m resting I tend to get kicked out some way some how out of que or lose contact with Uber or Lyft so it’s almost always a bust

Live and learn.

Kaiser Soze likes this.
  9. Medic303

Medic303 Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I’ve seen other people say they got kicked out. What does that mean?

On my phone the queue number goes away but if I sit and wait a minute or so it comes right back. Is that was happens to you guys?

10. Kaiser Soze

If you're going to wait, why not wait at home? Sitting in a parking lot for 4 hours seems wasteful, but have at it.

11. Medic303

Medic303 Active Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    My home is also my office so waiting here gets me away. Plus I like to people watch. But it’s not as entertaining as the 16th ST mall so here I can actually get work done as well haha

Kaiser Soze likes this.
  12. Kaiser Soze

Me too. But that lot is depressing.

Medic303 likes this.
  13. Daisey77

Daisey77 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    You could always try cranking up the music and dancing on the hood. I'm sure we all could use a little entertainment out there:D

Kaiser Soze likes this.
  14. 03qsz06

03qsz06 New Member

I never go to the queue, if I don't get a rematch after dropping off a rider by the exit, I head back into town. I went into it the first time as 23 and after an hour was 18. I left and have tried it 1 more time and it just confirmed what I knew. What a waste of time.

Duber12 likes this.
  15. MercDuke

MercDuke Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Yep it's a total waste of time
    And it's not safe, anything could happen, it's like a Prison Yard, you could get shanked!
    Lol

Kaiser Soze likes this.
  16. Lyfygatoloco

Lyfygatoloco New Member

My first attempt waiting 4.5 hrs in the pig pen resulted in locking my keys in my car and having to spend $85 to get car open by locksmith. I met some nice people attempting to find a hanger to open my door but no one had one. Should have abandoned it hours earlier but I am stupid (for locking keys inside car) and stubborn and insisted on sticking it out sure that I’d get a long trip with a fat tip. When I finally did get pinged it was a short ride with 2 passengers who combined with their giant luggage, that barely fit in my trunk/front seat, easily weighed 1000 lbs. combined. Got a msg from lyft about how short trips can be frustrating and if I headed back to lot I “might” be rewarded with a better spot in queue. I will never sit in that lot again.

MercDuke and Duber12 like this.
  17. ubergrind

ubergrind Active Member

If you're going to sit in the lot, when you get a ping you should figure out what general direction you're going. Call the passenger and ask. No need to waste 4 hours in a lot and only go down the street. Also, you can decline trips until you see what you want. I declined 3 60 + minute trips when I was in there yesterday. You'll also notice that many drivers will decline Uber Express/ pool and it will kick down to the next driver. If I am on a tight schedule I will accept those and hit stop new request. I generally don't like uber poo/express since those airport rides don't tip as frequently as regular rides.

There are certain times when the lot moves quickly. I won't park in the lot when I know it will be over an hour wait. If you can figure out the days and times you won't sit in the lot for more than an hour it can be beneficial especially if you have some other work to do.

MercDuke likes this.
  18. Kaiser Soze

Yep. I think I was patient enough to land a run once. Still was there for an hour or so. In general, w/o a rematch, an airport run just isn't worth it.

MercDuke likes this.
  19. MercDuke

MercDuke Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Everyone has their own way of doing this. Obviously some of us like hanging at the airport, they're easy trips, highway miles with business passengers usually. If you dont want to make use of the lot and the que, dont go there. More rides quicker for those of us that do!

Medic303 likes this.
  20. graphicgenie

graphicgenie Active Member

100000m highway > 20000m sity

no mountain miles unless surge or $50 tip upfront

Duber12 likes this.