Uber Drivers Forum banner

DelMar Opening Day/ Comic Con

1K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Blushark 
#1 ·
Any thoughts? Any incentives offered?

#4 · (Edited)
While downtown yesterday (Tues) I saw signage indicating other road closures as well.
  • Pacific Highway between Grape and Broadway on Sunday
  • Fifth Ave between Harbor and ???
  • First between Harbor and Island tonight.

Inside the Lyft app is a map of road closures but when it's enlarged the text is unteadable.

There's also details of a drop zone for the Comic Con Museum (?) in Balboa Park.

#13 ·
The only lucky ride I got at last year's Comic Con was a trucker from El Cajon to Poway. His rig broke down and was being serviced in El Cajon. He had to go to a motel in Poway because even the Motel 6 in El Cajon was extremely expensive and sold out. People would hop the trolley to get to the convention center from there.

So you all know my strategy...stay away from downtown, like in another galaxy far far away Luke.

#24 ·
Gonna be money out there to grab these people tip good even on shortie's..last weekend everything added up with no lag between rides.i feel it's out there more..this weekend..so far right side up in miles on my Elantra?⛽?
In my experience Comic-Con attendees are some of the worst a tipping they will not tip one penny because they're saving their money to spend at the event. But if you're fortunate enough to pick up a worker to or from the convention center they usually tip well as they are making a lot of money at Comic-Con

#25 ·
I dropped off at the Manchester at 0550 and Lyft had a PPZ going around the corner. The PPZ made no sense but for free money, I'll take it. I drove a block east and turned in Columbia - an ant followed me in and parked inside of me. (Bastard)

I got out and had a chat, he too had the PPZ for the same dollar value and area. Both of us checked the passenger app and we were the only ones in the PPZ.

Once it reached top dollar, he peeled off and went north, I waited 2 more minutes and got the fare from the building in front of me.

Apparently, PPZ are not individualized. I don't care, largest "surge" I've collected for doing my normal anting.

Property Ecoregion Map Product Infrastructure

#27 ·
I left comic con, headed to OC, had a great night after a crappy interview for a teaching job.
I did not want to have a trip to downtown, then be stuck in downtown.

What was the surge last night? Friday? I did like the 17-27 dollar surge at Del Mar on opening day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.