• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

DelMar Opening Day/ Comic Con

Null

Comic Con historically hasn't ever been impressive. A lot of people using trolley/other public transit. The pax who aren't are shorties that take aeons to complete.

It's real value is to let the ants be distracted while you pick up underserved areas.

PioneerXi

While downtown yesterday (Tues) I saw signage indicating other road closures as well.
  • Pacific Highway between Grape and Broadway on Sunday
  • Fifth Ave between Harbor and ???
  • First between Harbor and Island tonight.

Inside the Lyft app is a map of road closures but when it’s enlarged the text is unteadable.

There’s also details of a drop zone for the Comic Con Museum (?) in Balboa Park.

Last edited:

Transportador

LOL the only way to "work" Comic Con is this:

Wait for the freight train to show up and cut off access to downtown from the Convention Center for 15 minutes. Pick up pax on the Convention Center side, drive down through Coronado and Imperial Beach to get back up I-5 North. Yeeeeeha, long ride.

They can't even walk to the Gas Lamp when this happens.

At about 5pm surge went as high as $13....idk if it went any higher because the pax i had requested a ride to the Sheraton by the airport. Traffic was beyond rediculous on both 805 and 5...i mean for a Wednesday.......

Seth619navy

Caught a few $10 - $14 surge rides at Del Mar around 9ish. Almost zero traffic too, which was a surprise. Some SERIOUS uppity snobs though. Very condescending to boot. Therefore, I was glad that they had to pay surge price.

Transportador

The only lucky ride I got at last year's Comic Con was a trucker from El Cajon to Poway. His rig broke down and was being serviced in El Cajon. He had to go to a motel in Poway because even the Motel 6 in El Cajon was extremely expensive and sold out. People would hop the trolley to get to the convention center from there.

So you all know my strategy...stay away from downtown, like in another galaxy far far away Luke.

PioneerXi

I had a drop off at the Convention Center at 0440...the place was already a zoo.

Typical...no info from Uber. Even the local sucks had no idea.

Had a pick up at the Omni, Comfort ride to airport at 1530. Took me to 1600 to dig out and get on the 5.

#shitshow

Seth619navy

Yeah, no thanks, Uber! Like last weekend at Gay Pride, these rides all have to be made downtown in the chaos. And it caps after the 12 rides for a $18 total. Laaaaaame and not worth it.

Screenshot_20190718-190318_Uber Driver.jpg