Delivery Funds will dry up by the end of this month

FormerTaxiDriver♧

That's right, July is our last month to collect enhanced unemployment. Now that Covid is surging in most states again, the delivery platforms are primed peak with fresh drivers that will indeed deliver for far less than what we were paid two months ago. Restaurants will be re-closing the dining rooms, but offering carry-out are a greater level.

The car market is ready to crash with fresh bankruptcies. The airline bailout ends next month. At this point, I'm thinking we will most likely have another stimulus payout, with the poorest getting theirs first. As far as big tips coming in every other delivery; I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Doordash is the new Postmates in regard to pay.

Nats121

That's right, July is our last month to collect enhanced unemployment. Now that Covid is surging in most states again, the delivery platforms are primed peak with fresh drivers that will indeed deliver for far less than what we were paid two months ago. Restaurants will be re-closing the dining rooms, but offering carry-out are a greater level.

The car market is ready to crash with fresh bankruptcies. The airline bailout ends next month. At this point, I'm thinking we will most likely have another stimulus payout, with the poorest getting theirs first. As far as big tips coming in every other delivery; I don't think that will happen anytime soon. Doordash is the new Postmates in regard to pay.
In my market, Eats payouts and the quality of the deliveries have declined the last few weeks, both of which indicate there's a glut of drivers.

Another Uber Driver

my market................................indicate there's a glut of drivers.

This is funny, because everyone must be trying to do relivery and few drivers are hauling passengers. Every day, there are surges on X. I drove Uber/Lyft Sunday. I did that only because I forgot to go to my cab company to fetch my insurance card. Had I my insurance card, I would have driven the cab. There are even fewer cab drivers out here. People are getting frustrated with longer wait times and higher surges/Prime Time on Uber/Lyft. They are hailing cabs or using Curb.

Lyft is the worst on this, as it charges customers Prime Time, but, often, if the driver has not "unlocked a ride bonus", he receives only base rates while the customer is paying a 2X Prime Time, or more. Even if he does "unlock a ride bonus", he gets very little of the Prime Time that the customer pays.

MyJessicaLS430

Lyft is the worst on this, as it charges customers Prime Time, but, often, if the driver has not "unlocked a ride bonus", he receives only base rates while the customer is paying a 2X Prime Time, or more. Even if he does "unlock a ride bonus", he gets very little of the Prime Time that the customer pays.
Most of my recent rides are Lyft. The criteria for a PPZ to show up remain a mystery. It can exist concomitantly with a surging area but this is not necessarily the case. More often, when I check the Uber app, there is no surge in a feature PPZ area. Surge is quite predictable if you know your town well; I remain yet to discover a pattern for PPZ.

Do Lyft users pay a surge fare? They do but not always. My way of running both platforms is to only turn on the Lux filter because you never know when and where a PPZ shows up. It is not uncommon that I only realize a bonus is scored when there is a Lux ping. This is also why my Uber cancellation rate has climbed to 16%. There is no reason not to cancel a X that is only accompanied by a few dollars of surge while having a Lux ride that pays much better together with a bonus, right? Don't get me wrong, I do not play their absurd Pro game but I try to keep the cancellation rate as low as possible (I have heard that drivers can be deactivated due to excessive cancellations but there is no clearly-defined threshold). When I have the time to check the Lyft passenger app, the quoted fare in an active PPZ does not necessarily be higher. Sometimes it is obvious that Lyft is charging customers a multiplier but sometimes it doesn't. Again, it remains unknown whether it is conceivable to assume an equal sign exists between PPZ and high ride demand.

ThrowInTheTowel

As the funds dry up so will the quality of good drivers. Customer service will be a thing of the past. If you can't afford the service then do not use it. If you don't want your dinner delivered like a newspaper please folks tip your driver. You would not ask your neighbor to go to McDonald's to pick up dinner for you and offer just a thank you, so don't expect a total stranger to do it. I will burn a half tank of gas running my a/c before I accept a $3 no tip order. To each his own we have to do what we have to do.

Johnny Mnemonic

At this point, I'm thinking we will most likely have another stimulus payout, with the poorest getting theirs first.
White House and House of Representatives both on board with second stimulus check. Now up to senate.

MikeSki

Which side do you think will vote to end a gov’t hand handout when everyone is struggling, new shutdowns are being put in place and there is an election coming? We’re good ‘til at least November.

ANT 7

I don't deliver food, so, I don't know what to say.

But, the first round of pandemic funding was easily spent, because people thought that it would all be over by now. If it comes back they will probably be tighter next time, because real fear might set in.

Alltel77

Here's another laugh mind you no promos etc in my market S Florida , I did accept to see what it was. Two orders actually , both about $25 each based on menu items selected in each order. ASSUMING , I was tipped $5 each $18 for 19 miles then another 19 back, no thanks cancelled both.

Attachments

tohunt4me

I think the Nation is Heading BACK INTO QUARRANTINE.

DELIVERIES WILL CONTINUE TO BE PROFITABLE AS GOING OUT IS UNSAFE.
Post automatically merged:

imagine if politicians could buy votes with taxpayer funds.
OR
FREE PHONES
&
FREE HEALTHCARE ! *

*( Opiods No Longer included !)

DeadHeadDriver

Tons of new gig workers who are allowing Platforms to drop pay for drivers....
Hilarious that even the Young & Beautiful now doing food delivery--(Dramatic rise in Hotties w/warming bags leaving pick-up locations)

If Fed $600 is NOT extended, all of us existing drivers doing Food Delivery will be FIUCKED!
Sharp decline in crap and O.K. pings ahead in that scenario; Only Karen & Chad will be left ordering....

Last edited:

NauticalWheeler

Uber Eats was amazing in April/May, I anticipated it would cease being amazing, so I went back to driving pax in June.

The confluence of stimulus checks and "stay at home" orders made $30/hr a thing every weekend, but that time is behind us now.

Toby2

Uber Eats was amazing in April/May, I anticipated it would cease being amazing, so I went back to driving pax in June.

The confluence of stimulus checks and "stay at home" orders made $30/hr a thing every weekend, but that time is behind us now.
I think round two is coming up soon.