1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Delivery apps in The Woodlands worthwhile?

Discussion in 'Houston' started by Ninvek, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Ninvek

Ninvek

Are any of the delivery apps worthwhile in the Houston area, preferably near The Woodlands? Apps like DoorDash, Postmates, UberEats (which I heard is horrible), or Favor?

I just got into the Uber/Lyft thing and it seems fine, but I don't like having to go all the way to downtown Houston since I live north of The Woodlands. I wouldn't mind going down there if I knew I could make good money but it seems like the commute back and forth really hurts my profits just in gas alone and miles on my car. If I could guarantee a fare back to The Woodlands area each time it would be worth it but that isn't always the case.

So I was wondering if any of the delivery apps are worth it to try out in The Woodlands area. I'm not looking to make $1000+ a week or anything but enough to be worth someones time.

2. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis

Driving:
    UberX
    Well that's a relief!

3. Caplan121

Caplan121

Driving:
    UberX
    I have heard good things for waitr. Couple of pax have mentioned they are pretty good but I live in the clear lake area so I am not sure how well they do in the woodlands. I would stay away from uber eats

itsablackmarket likes this.
  4. Ninvek

Ninvek

I went ahead and applied to see what happens. I couldn't find much information about them online though on how they pay. It looks like some drivers become employees and some become independent contractors. Anyone else know anything about how they schedule/pay you?

5. darkshy77

darkshy77

Setting the bar so low.... I make that in a day in tips...

Lelekm and Emoneytx like this.