Delivering to Ubereats hackers

Slyone

So last week I delivered to a strange address that was just listed as East Apartment nothing else . I turned on my navigator and it got me to the complex which was about 8 miles away .. since I did not have an actual address I just called the number that was for the customer on the order and when the person answered they said they did not order anything on Ubereats .. so I called customer support and while I was on the phone with them some car pulls up next to me and the person in the car had been tracking me yells out hey you have my food order.. so when i get out of the car I tell him I tried calling you and the person who answered said they did not order anything . he then jumps out of the car and demands his food and starts threatening to punch me if I don't give him his food now..

So since I don't make enough money on Ubereats to warrant fighting some thug i decide to just give him his food so he will go away .. after that I realized that this must of been someone using a hacked account and had used a generic address so if the person who was hacked tried to figure out who hacked them there would not be an address on file to catch them.. I did report this to Ubereats so hopefully the hacked person was informed and the hacker will not be able to get anymore free food . I guess in the long run the only person losing money here will be the credit card company since the restaurant got paid Uber got paid I got paid for the deliver and as soon as the hacked person finds out they were hacked they can just claim to not have purchased this item on their credit card. lesson learned here is next time I get a fishy looking address I will call before I leave for the delivery and if the person answers say they did not order the food just cancel the sale .. keep the food and the hacker never gets their food.

Jo3030

Now people are too cheap to even buy food legitimately
Now they gotta SCAM for it. Wow. Truly sad.

1rightwinger

I guess in the long run the only person losing money here will be the credit card company since the restaurant got paid Uber got paid I got paid for the deliver and as soon as the hacked person finds out they were hacked they can just claim to not have purchased this item on their credit card.

No the credit card company never loses. In a cc dispute the loss always goes back to the merchant that charged the cc. If cardholder files dispute and wins then the cc company takes the money back from the merchant that made the initial charge, in this case that would be uber. This is called a chargeback. I have to think that uber gets a lot of disputes for eats orders not delivered, people fighting cancel fees, cleaning fees, etc. But then again maybe people are too lazy to file the dispute.

Mars Troll Number 4

This looks like fake/stolen credit card stuff going on here.

Open up a fake credit card using BS/stolen info and run up charges at electronic stores, video game stores, grocery stores on gift cards ect.

If i had stolen credit card info, uber would be a great way to use stolen card info, and ubereats is something you could spend it every day and get use out of it, without getting on camera.

Uber is going to find themselves losing tons of money to these sorts of scams.