Deliver/Drive in Deep Snow?

Joe Dow

... so few states have been hit hard with snow.

Whats the general consensus, is it worth taking the extra risk to Deliver/Drive when streets are bad with Snow/Ice/Sleet?

Main streets are usually cleaned fast but I have noticed that inner streets are often the worst!

Invisible

It’s not worth it. I worked last night when it had been snowing for hours and roads were awful. No more tips than I usually get.

I also tried GH but they kept wanting to send me too far.

Last edited:

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
My biggest issue is hitting curbs etc that I can't see due to obstruction caused by the snow. Other than that I have no problems. If I slip and slide a little it's just like a rally car race.

Iamfoodgod

Usually first days of snow are when most crashes occur in my area. You can probably guess why. People driving like it's not snowing, basically take any bad drivers out there and they get a 1.9x boost to their bad driving skills. Nevermind the ones who don't yet have tires for the appropriate weather.

Last month took a couple of days off due to weather. Ice restaurant walkways did it for me in the morning, I nearly slipped a couple of times before I figured the food was more likely to end up on the sidewalk that day.

But in the end it's up to you and the level of risk youre willing to take for the payoff you see there.

LondonLuke

I drove in light settled snow last year on a scooter and let's say it wasn't the safest. I didn't crash but I was power sliding everywhere.

potato

Whats the general consensus, is it worth taking the extra risk to Deliver/Drive when streets are bad with Snow/Ice/Sleet?

Main streets are usually cleaned fast but I have noticed that inner streets are often the worst!
Nope. The client won't even tip you. Boost doesn't go higher. @@@@ that

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Hall

I did 10am to 12:30pm this morning for Uber Eats and gave up, let the ants who want to crash there cars crash it’s not going to be me.

Launchpad McQuack

For me, the issue isn't driving in the snow. I can handle that. The issue is parking. Parking is always a pain after a heavy snow. It's bad enough just finding a parking spot for myself when I get home for work. I can't imagine having to do that over and over and over throughout the day every time you make a delivery.

d1ulove

For me it's not worthy to do delivery, but depends if you only do food delivery for living then you have no choice I think.