Delayed Tips?

ZepFan

I brought a family from EWR to Ridgewood yesterday. During the trip, there was a lot of Uber discussion. The guy said he always gave 5*'s and always tipped.

Yep, I'm still waiting. Must be a long delay.

DrinkSoda

I get this too in Chicago. I get tips 2-3 days after a ride takes place. Recently I got a tip a week after the ride. Got an alert from the app and it showed up as a adjustment processed later.

ZepFan

I brought a family from EWR to Ridgewood yesterday. During the trip, there was a lot of Uber discussion. The guy said he always gave 5*'s and always tipped.

Yep, I'm still waiting. Must be a long delay.
Hey, I finally got my tip from this passenger this morning! I find it's always good luck when I complain about a passenger who has not tips. Next thing I know the tip comes. So I am officially complaining about the 2 trips to the airport today that did not tip, as well as the one from the airport that did not tip.?

NJKing

Hey, I finally got my tip from this passenger this morning! I find it's always good luck when I complain about a passenger who has not tips. Next thing I know the tip comes. So I am officially complaining about the 2 trips to the airport today that did not tip, as well as the one from the airport that did not tip.?
Maybe complaining here might work for me? I did a 1.7x trip to JFK last week and I havent got my tip yet. She was so grateful that I took her rich ass self and her son in good time that she sounded like was going to leave a good tip. I know she got cancelled on XL and I got my $95 but I am still waiting for that $20+ so I can say I made some after expenses.

ZepFan

"I find it's always good luck when I complain about a passenger who has not tips." ?????
That's what happens when I use the voice feature instead of typing, LOL!

Welp, my trio from yesterday has yet to tip. I was going to 4* all of them. Sorry I didn't.

ibeam23

That's what happens when I use the voice feature instead of typing, LOL!

Welp, my trio from yesterday has yet to tip. I was going to 4* all of them. Sorry I didn't.
If i knew she had already been cancelled on I would have negotiated a cash tip up front. No tip, no ride. I personally don’t think 1.7x is enough to take that ride. Totally not judging you for taking it.

ZepFan

I personally don’t think 1.7x is enough to take that ride. Totally not judging you for taking it.
I think you meant that for NJKing. I agree though. It would have to be at least 3X for me.

I was around East Brunswick yesterday and got a request for 94 minutes northeast. Turn out to be laguardia. I told them I was unable to do that ride and canceled out.

NJKing

If i knew she had already been cancelled on I would have negotiated a cash tip up front. No tip, no ride. I personally don’t think 1.7x is enough to take that ride. Totally not judging you for taking it.
It was borderline. Surge was going down. XL cancellation was mentioned well into the trip after she had few calls like something left at kids school and arrangement for a closed store to have them and things ready for them when they arrive after hours. We all had good vibes and things looked good until hubby left earlier called and arguing about something that started in the house. F me I thought but as I completed the trip, and things looked brighter again.

I am going to assume that tip will never come but I am not going to complain as rest of the day got better and I have that JFK badge in there for a while.