1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

"Deeply Troubling Practices" Exist In Uber, Allege 4 Former Employees

Discussion in 'News' started by everythingsuber, Dec 4, 2018 at 12:55 AM.

1. Offensive
    Invasive
    Abusive

Part of the " UBER CREED "!

2. I'm thinking anyone Uber has an interest in doesn't have much privacy.

tohunt4me likes this.
  3. Technology company with no morals.

4. It is aways fun when the paranoids are right.

tohunt4me likes this.
  5. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

I don't understand, on the one hand they stated the guy that alleged those four were part of the security team that were doing alleged illegal activities and now they did a 180 and are suing to state Uber did do alleged illegal activities ?

How bizarre is that ?

Granted, I don't doubt Uber was, and is, doing illegal activities. We all know they are the worst company in the world. Nothing is out of the realm of possibility for them as we've seen.

MoreTips likes this.
  6. This isn't really news tbh...

We all kinda knew this was all going on didn't we?

The fact i'm not even surprised anymore is the worst part...

Disgusted Driver and MoreTips like this.
  7. I’m only paranoid because
    people keep talking about me*

*major frank burns us army

GT500KR and everythingsuber like this.
  8. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Rideshare drivers with no intelligence.

I thought that he became a colonel at the end.

UberLyftFlexWhatever likes this.
  9. Pot, this is kettle.

10. You know your MASH sir. An excerpt from the Fandom MASH page,

The final exist of Frank:

Burns is crushed when he finds out that Margaret has become engaged to Lieutenant Colonel Donald Penobscott; further exacerbating his hurt feelings was Margaret's incessant praise of her new fiancée in Frank's presence, which for once caused Hawkeye to actually feel sorry for Frank. After the newlyweds take off for Tokyo on their honeymoon, Burns has a nervous breakdown, goes AWOL, gets drunk in Seoul and attempts to romance several different women he believes to be Margaret, finally being caught by MPs when he accosts a general and his wife in a steam bath. To Hawkeye and the others' delight, Burns is permanently sent stateside for psychiatric evaluation, but then to their frustration, all charges were dropped and Burns is promoted to Lieutenant Colonel and put in charge of a veterans hospital in Fort Wayne.

https://mash.fandom.com/wiki/Major_Frank_Burns

SEAL Team 5 likes this.
  11. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    I knew I didn't drop that much acid back in the 70's to forget that.

This pot still gets $4/mile and/or $65/hr with full coverage commercial insurance. I didn't fall for "Get your side hustle on" or any of that other crap.

12. Screen shot or it didn't happen.

13. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery
    Uh? You might have to wait while I try to find one. My last Uber fare was back in early '14.

UberLyftFlexWhatever likes this.
  14. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

Obviously, that poster was talking about whatever you're doing that is making those results. I'd love to see it too.

15. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber knows when Pax is drunk by exploiting the sensors in the phone.

Uber knows when the driver steps out of the car, with phone in pocket, then Uber sends the driver an email demanding the phone to stay in the cradle.

Uber is Spyware!

MoreTips likes this.
  16. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5

Driving:
    Livery

Doing the same as I've been doing for the past 19 years. Way before Uber was even a wet spot in Travis' pants.

1) Driving in a city that has all 4 major sports franchises, host Super Bowls, Nat'l Championships, Final Fours, MLB All Star Games, NHL Conference Finals, Fiesta Bowls, NASCAR, Waste Management Opens (700,000 attendance), Barrett/Jackson Auto Auctions, Arabian Horse shows and hundreds of other spectator sporting events

2) Driving in the 5th most populated city in the country with a total population of the surrounding communities at nearly 5 million.

3) Driving in a city with a destination, not a connecting flight, airport passenger count of 44 million a year. Yearly tourism in the Phoenix metro area accounts for $23 billion in revenue.

4) Driving in a city in which I have commercial accounts with corporations and insurance companies to drive their clients.

5) Driving a newer model SUV with full coverage commercial insurance that allows me to list those corporations and insurance companies as an additionally insured.

6) But most important I drive in a city that I know like the back of my hand as a 38 year resident driver should know.

This business is very profitable if you know what you're doing. And driving for Uber is the first clue that you have no idea what you're doing in this business.

GT500KR, Roadmasta and UberProphet? like this.
  17. Your right I'm in the same boat in NY. They clicked on a email and they took the bait Hook line and sinker. These companies hurt my bottom line but they make in a day what I make in two hours or less. I charge 65.00 per hour waiting time. Uber gives them what?

SEAL Team 5 and UberProphet? like this.
  18. uberdriverfornow

uberdriverfornow

paystub or it didn't happen

FormerTaxiDriver♧ likes this.