Deep in the red

theclowns

Yep got that last night at 12am. After accepting then canceling a few of the pings 15min away I just logged off for the night. Funny thing is I was 1 of 2 drivers in the area and was gonna drve til 3am. I was the only driver in the surge area at the time, f' fuber.

Kay1661

Yep got that last night at 12am. After accepting then canceling a few of the pings 15min away I just logged off for the night. Funny thing is I was 1 of 2 drivers in the area and was gonna drve til 3am. I was the only driver in the surge area at the time, f' fuber.
Why do u accept and then cancel?
If you don't want the ping don't accept it.

Uncle-not-Ant

Awsome Offer Right! 70% + Some PT Too
20171001_012532.png
Im on my way...oh wait...I'll check driver app
20171001_012613.png

Forget it...Ants all over that 70%. And why PT in there if there are available drivers right on top of it. Both screenshots were in the same minute.

Last Time I Fell For This I Sat in the Middle and got biraged with 20+ Minute Away Pings like this along with the threat that my acceptance is low.
20171001_132052.png

^^^^
Of course my acceptance is low when they give me one 20+ Minute Ping after the other. When I do accept the far ones, rider usually cancels after I'm driving toward him/her for 4 3/4 Minutes ... no fee and wasted time, gas, and mileage for me. It is not one a day, its a bunch every day.

Last edited:

Agent Sleep

Uncle-not-Ant

They care about drivers acceptance rates, but couldn't give a crap their Paxholes do this to the drivers all day and night long!
20171001_133526.png

All just under 5 Min ... so no fees paid to driver. They don't care, as long as we bend over and take it...but skip a ping and its bad for the community.

TobiasBruckner

And no ping
I still don't understand why this happens, other than Uber purposefully doing it for some reason (their algorithm has changed and improved in so many ways, but this is still an issue), but you'll get used to it.
Being in the middle of the red donut, where the surge is everywhere, except for 3 miles around you, is pretty fun as well.

Agent Sleep

They care about drivers acceptance rates, but couldn't give a crap their Paxholes do this to the drivers all day and night long!
View attachment 163494
All just under 5 Min ... so no fees paid to driver. They don't care, as long as we bend over and take it...but skip a ping and its bad for the community.
With Uber if the pasenger requests a ride and decides to cancel after 2 minutes they get charged a cancellation fee.. Why doesn't Lyft do the same is beyond me..

Uncle-not-Ant

Airport crap too. Wait in que 30-45 Minutes and nothing, then get to the front of the que and ping, ping, ping all off airport...bend over and take one or get bumped offline anyway. I'm sure they know they are F'ing us over and it is by design or some rouge engineers that are jelouse of the big bucks we are making.