• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Declining requests on my last run of the day

LBC5.17

If I am on what I want to be my last run for the day, can I set something so I do not have to decline each request coming in on this drive? I don't want the end of my day to ruin my acceptance rate. Thank you.

Gtown Driver

On Uber Two things you can do.

1. Click the drop bar to bring up their profile and at the bottom will be stop new requests sign in red.

2. Just use Destination Filter to go home so you just get rides going home. Long as you didn't kill them all in the morning first. I usually just save my DFs for the night back home or to get to a spot where it will be busy or meet up with friend.

This is why it helps to have a Lyft account also. Lyft gives you 6 DFs so you could theoretically just turn Lyft on and Uber off when you want to go home and just ride the 6 Lyft DFs all the way home. Lyft takes away your DFs if you mess with them though, so it works out to use it to go home and just ride them out with extra ones to spare. Lyft sometimes is too slow in my area to use their DF though. Have to pick the right night for Lyft DF.

LBC5.17

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you. If I use DF to go into Boston in the morning, I am about 50 minutes away, would I be able to pick up an airport run that is 20 minutes from my house, but not necessarily in my direct path to Boston? I got a Logan run by chance Monday morning. Used the Df Wednesday morning, and had no requests. Thank you
Post automatically merged:

On both platforms, simply hitting the "Go Offline" button will stop new trip requests.
But if I go offline, can I finish the ride and rate the rider?

Gtown Driver

The app doesn't allow you to go offline until you no longer have a rider with a fare running.

You have to have completed the trip and have no one else queued on your trip to go offline. Which is why it's best to just hit the "stop new requests" button if you don't want anymore requests. If you driving on a trip and don't hit that button you'll be driving forever if its busy.

As for your DF question, just have to get lucky. There are some days (especially slower/real late night) where even Uber DF will give you no real luck. Where I live I'm usually pretty good during most parts of the day to use Uber DF to get where I want. It's the Lyft DF that's much more picky. Which sucks since they give you more to use than Uber. With Uber it works well enough, but you use up 2 and you're done. Have to use the Uber DFs very strategically or work them until midnight where your DFs get refilled.

SoFlaDriver

Maybe it's different in your market, based on the previous answer, but in mine the answer is yes. Just click "offline" in either app while in the trip. Lyft will ask you to confirm that you want to go offline after the ride and I think also offer the destination filter to try to hook you into into staying on for a few more trips. In either case, it has no effect on the ride you're currently doing. That runs on uninterrupted, and at the end, you have all the standard functions to end the trip and rate the rider, etc. You will then be completely offline.

Declineathon

If I am on what I want to be my last run for the day, can I set something so I do not have to decline each request coming in on this drive? I don't want the end of my day to ruin my acceptance rate. Thank you.
Two things:
1. Find turn app off button.
2. Turn app off.

Wildgoose

Thank you. If I use DF to go into Boston in the morning, I am about 50 minutes away, would I be able to pick up an airport run that is 20 minutes from my house, but not necessarily in my direct path to Boston? I got a Logan run by chance Monday morning. Used the Df Wednesday morning, and had no requests. Thank you
Post automatically merged:

I would go to airport and do Ubering or Lyfting starting again and agian until I find the riders who is heading to Boston.

mi4johns

I hit last ride on every ride because -

I want time to check for damage, left items, passed-out pax
I want time to leave negative feedback
I want time to smoke, eat, yell at birds
I do not want a qued pax who is 18 mins away

Aw Jeez

Especially considering that Lyft won't even give you the option of accepting or declining a queued trip - it's just *there*, active when you drop your last passenger. Pisses me off but good!

mi4johns

Especially considering that Lyft won't even give you the option of accepting or declining a queued trip - it's just *there*, active when you drop your last passenger. Pisses me off but good!
You can cancel a qued ride without it affecting your cancellation rate if you cancel it before you drop your current pax.

Aw Jeez

True, you *can* cancel the queued ride...*IF*...you know it's there! A lot of times I'm either not paying close enough attention to the app and don't see the friggin' MOMENTARY notice that they've stuck another ride in the queue. Then I get a nice little surprise when I end the current trip. I'm usually, like, WTF! Sneaky, clever bastards, those Lyft programmers. If I ever meet on in person I might be inclined to donkey punch him in the throat. Or lower.