• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Declined Trips and "The Reality of The Absurdity"

SharedRideTruther

Been trying this Uber driver stuff out for a month now.

See their ads everywhere (and the Lyft ads) about the income potential.

Wow, what a lie it's all been.

The extremely low driver fares are comical and sad, and the expectation of riders to get a 'five star experience' while I get ZERO star payout ($4.80 for flat pay trips) considering time involved, gas, wear and tear, obnoxious passengers and the openly rider-biased Uber rating system)).

How does anyone paying 7 dollars TOTAL before Uber/driver split (for short trip), for dropping off 4-7 people safely, jump in your vehicle and act like they own it (turning radio up FULL BLAST with gangsta rap, refusing to not bring open containers into the vehicle, and climbing over seats to get in rather than acting like an adult and moving seats as designed) EXPECT to be given a 5 star ride?

The low fares have brought out the classless, the drunks and the stooges who believe the little money they pay AFFORDS them the right to do as they please in YOUR CAR.

Try doing ANY of that stuff on public transportation, or in a city cab, and see what it gets you.

Here's the real rub, though.

It's TOO LATE for any of my thoughts on this to matter.

UBER
is designed to driver-less platform, which will happen faster than most of us realize, and the current driver payouts are beyond degrading, and riders are being trained to expect HUGE service for those laughable driver fares.

Lyft is no better, and these 'ride sharing' services are really beating down the very people making them work, the drivers.

Think about this the next time you drive 10 to 12 minutes to pick up your riders, spend 5 minutes or more waiting on them to even THINK about coming out to the car, drive them 8-10 minutes to another bar, spend another 5 minutes helping them all get out, while being polite and friendly:

"They will spend more than YOUR fare portion on the first mixed drink they buy at the new bar, and every drink after, all while you MADE 4.80 cents for half an hour of your time, before gas, and your cars wear and tear".

THEN they will give you a low rating score because you said (politely and firmly) "NO, you can't blare Gansta rap in MY CAR, while I drive you, nor can you crawl over my seats rather than slide them forward, or bring your alcohol along for the ride".

Oh, and now I understand that the UBER - 'independent contractor' relationship will NO LONGER allow me to cancel rides I think are too far away, or worth canceling based on my experience with the areas the ping came from. So I no longer can DECIDE for myself whether to accept or cancel a ride based on MY PROFIT potential, without fear of being deactivated, because UBER doesn't want the rider to have a bad UBER experience, for their 4.80 cent payout on average, flat rate rides.

The clue bird flew over me pretty quick on this 'Ride Share' scam.

Riders wins big, cause they get more drinking money due to stupid low fares

Uber wins bigger, cause they are valued at 50 BILLION through last week.

Drivers, well, you're gonna be extinct soon anyway.

At a 50 BILLION dollar valuation, it doesn't matter to UBER what drivers think.

Watch this, and go WOW

A 3rd world driver will GLADLY work for 8-10 dollars an hour, before car expenses, and be thankful for being abused by customers in their own car, while being rated a 3 or less stars.

Me, not so much.

:cool:

nash801

Been trying this Uber driver stuff out for a month now.

See their ads everywhere (and the Lyft ads) about the income potential.

Wow, what a lie it's all been.

The extremely low driver fares are comical and sad, and the expectation of riders to get a 'five star experience' while I get ZERO star payout ($4.80 for flat pay trips) considering time involved, gas, wear and tear, obnoxious passengers and the openly rider-biased Uber rating system)).

How does anyone paying 7 dollars TOTAL before Uber/driver split (for short trip), for dropping off 4-7 people safely, jump in your vehicle and act like they own it (turning radio up FULL BLAST with gangsta rap, refusing to not bring open containers into the vehicle, and climbing over seats to get in rather than acting like an adult and moving seats as designed) EXPECT to be given a 5 star ride?

The low fares have brought out the classless, the drunks and the stooges who believe the little money they pay AFFORDS them the right to do as they please in YOUR CAR.

Try doing ANY of that stuff on public transportation, or in a city cab, and see what it gets you.

Here's the real rub, though.

It's TOO LATE for any of my thoughts on this to matter.

UBER
is designed to driver-less platform, which will happen faster than most of us realize, and the current driver payouts are beyond degrading, and riders are being trained to expect HUGE service for those laughable driver fares.

Lyft is no better, and these 'ride sharing' services are really beating down the very people making them work, the drivers.

Think about this the next time you drive 10 to 12 minutes to pick up your riders, spend 5 minutes or more waiting on them to even THINK about coming out to the car, drive them 8-10 minutes to another bar, spend another 5 minutes helping them all get out, while being polite and friendly:

"They will spend more than YOUR fare portion on the first mixed drink they buy at the new bar, and every drink after, all while you MADE 4.80 cents for half an hour of your time, before gas, and your cars wear and tear".

THEN they will give you a low rating score because you said (politely and firmly) "NO, you can't blare Gansta rap in MY CAR, while I drive you, nor can you crawl over my seats rather than slide them forward, or bring your alcohol along for the ride".

Oh, and now I understand that the UBER - 'independent contractor' relationship will NO LONGER allow me to cancel rides I think are too far away, or worth canceling based on my experience with the areas the ping came from. So I no longer can DECIDE for myself whether to accept or cancel a ride based on MY PROFIT potential, without fear of being deactivated, because UBER doesn't want the rider to have a bad UBER experience, for their 4.80 cent payout on average, flat rate rides.

The clue bird flew over me pretty quick on this 'Ride Share' scam.

Riders wins big, cause they get more drinking money due to stupid low fares

Uber wins bigger, cause they are valued at 50 BILLION through last week.

Drivers, well, you're gonna be extinct soon anyway.

At a 50 BILLION dollar valuation, it doesn't matter to UBER what drivers think.

Watch this, and go WOW

A 3rd world driver will GLADLY work for 8-10 dollars an hour, before car expenses, and be thankful for being abused by customers in their own car, while being rated a 3 or less stars.

Me, not so much.

:cool:
Excellent movie! More need to see it. How's the lawsuit coming? Us drivers wanta better CEO than kalenik. His face like zuckerburg is dumb