Declined 45+ trip 5 miles away

Ab85

Got pingred this morning 45+ on 1.8 surge it was 5 miles away I didn't take it, declined

nostrils

Got pingred this morning 45+ on 1.8 surge it was 5 miles away I didn't take it, declined
This is the reason drivers are always complaining about low pay, then you get an opportunity to make probably $100+ and you turn it down.
What I would have done is take it, hopefully get a DF ride back, that would be $200. Then quit for the day.
If you turn down a 45+ trip on a 1.8 you are either very rich or stupid.

SorryBluetoothOnly

This is the reason drivers are always complaining about low pay, then you get an opportunity to make probably $100+ and you turn it down.
What I would have done is take it, hopefully get a DF ride back, that would be $200. Then quit for the day.
If you turn down a 45+ trip on a 1.8 you are either very rich or stupid.

How do you get to $100+ on 1.8x surge? Even without zero traffic and all freeways, that's more like $64. So it was probably a lot less than that.

This in no way means I think OP didn't make a mistake by not accepting. It's impossible for any of us to make that judgement given the lack of information provided.

adrep1984

Actually not really, a 45 min trip in LA could be Main St. Santa Monica to the 10 freeway.

Or Lincoln Blvd to the 90!
Or it could be something like this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-18-09-49-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-18-09-49-17.png
    33.2 KB · Views: 115

doraemon666

This what typically a 1.8x 45+ ping gets you in morning rush hour. $100+ is very rare on a 1.8x UberX unless its 60+ miles OR if you are on XL/Select.

17-09-14-05-54-29-675_deco.jpg

FUberX

I don't understand the logic behind declining the ride. If you are driving at that time, the traffic is pretty much the same everywhere. Were you expecting a higher surge?
Shoot 5 miles away, I'm taking it. I got a 2.3x ping from 5 miles away, yesterday, I saw the location was in a honey hole, and knew immediately it was an airport run.....

Easy $30 for 20 minutes of work

I also got another trip on Saturday that was 45min+ from 3 miles away at 2.4x.
It took me about 15 minutes to get to them. But it was a 30 mile ride and I cleared $80....