Deceptive Quest Practices?

supauba

Hey, party people 1st post. I feel like Ubers secret algo sauce is a little deceptive when it comes to quest promos. I've noticed that when I'm down to my last 10 or so to complete a quest they're usually few and faaar between. I usually try not to stay out after midnight. When it comes to completing a quest I always have to drive till 2:00 am. Last night I only needed 4 rides to complete 40 for $100. I got a rider from W Hollywood all the way to Costa Mesa at 12:30 am! OK, I took it but once in Costa Mesa, I kept getting requests back to back so I stayed and did 7 more rides by 2:15 ish. Now I wake up this morning and no $100 quest. Why??? Because they were not completed in LA county! I call BS. I go out of my way to give these guys a needed ride. Yes, it was a decent pay but then Uber keeps me there with more riders. Lesson: READ THE FINE PRINT. I still think this is deceptive on Uber's part. Sorry rant over. :frown:

Disgusted Driver

Hey, party people 1st post. I feel like Ubers secret algo sauce is a little deceptive when it comes to quest promos. I've noticed that when I'm down to my last 10 or so to complete a quest they're usually few and faaar between. I usually try not to stay out after midnight. When it comes to completing a quest I always have to drive till 2:00 am. Last night I only needed 4 rides to complete 40 for $100. I got a rider from W Hollywood all the way to Costa Mesa at 12:30 am! OK, I took it but once in Costa Mesa, I kept getting requests back to back so I stayed and did 7 more rides by 2:15 ish. Now I wake up this morning and no $100 quest. Why??? Because they were not completed in LA county! I call BS. I go out of my way to give these guys a needed ride. Yes, it was a decent pay but then Uber keeps me there with more riders. Lesson: READ THE FINE PRINT. I still think this is deceptive on Uber's part. Sorry rant over. :frown:

Welcome and that's about par for the course, both Uber and Lyft have qualifications that occasionally can't be met, then you lose. It's a rough way to make a living and they don't make it any easier.

UBERPROcolorado

Disgusted is on the mark, I am afraid. Quests fill a very specific projected need for Uber. No wiggle room at all.

hulksmash

Uber did not keep you there; you kept yourself there. You should've cancelled the trip to Costa Mesa unless you had a decent surge. The LA county rule has always been there, you should've known better.

I felt the same way. Only had 4 rides to go and it was still early. Then bang a 40 min trip to LAX. Then the rematch came at 1.2...which was to Corona, so I quickly cancelled. It would've been closer to home than LA so coming back after that was out of the question. I did a couple more shorties near LAX then left the D.F. driving home with one ride to go expecting to get something along the way. I then turned off the filter when I didn't get anything and still no luck. Finally I had to stop in Downtown Pomona to wait for the last ride. I was expecting a long ride going the wrong direction but luckily the Uber gods showed mercy and gave me a minimum fare to finish the quest. So yes I think they will try to sabotage the quest bonus with long rides or long droughts without pings.

The rematch ride at that point would've been convenient if it was the last ride needed, had no shot at finishing the quest, or if it was a 2.0 or higher surge. But when you try to give me a low paying ride to BFE with 2 more rides to go when I can make the same by finishing the quest, then I start to wonder.

supauba

Uber did not keep you there; you kept yourself there. You should've cancelled the trip to Costa Mesa unless you had a decent surge. The LA county rule has always been there, you should've known better.

I felt the same way. Only had 4 rides to go and it was still early. Then bang a 40 min trip to LAX. Then the rematch came at 1.2...which was to Corona, so I quickly cancelled. It would've been closer to home than LA so coming back after that was out of the question. I did a couple more shorties near LAX then left the D.F. driving home with one ride to go expecting to get something along the way. I then turned off the filter when I didn't get anything and still no luck. Finally I had to stop in Downtown Pomona to wait for the last ride. I was expecting a long ride going the wrong direction but luckily the Uber gods showed mercy and gave me a minimum fare to finish the quest. So yes I think they will try to sabotage the quest bonus with long rides or long droughts without pings.

The rematch ride at that point would've been convenient if it was the last ride needed, had no shot at finishing the quest, or if it was a 2.0 or higher surge. But when you try to give me a low paying ride to BFE with 2 more rides to go when I can make the same by finishing the quest, then I start to wonder.
Hulk you're right I should've known but I'm fairly new at this. I'll definitely pay better attention from now on. It's all a game in the end me against them.
They just have a bunch of data crunching computers figuring out the best outcomes for them. I was a little miffed because I just spent $150. on a rear hub assembly last week. That Quest would've softened the blow now I'm down some change. Let's see what happens this week? Best of luck Hulk!

Screw the quests, find the honey holes and buzz around there for a while.
I'll give it a shot!

Thanks everyone for the input. Looking forward to mixing it up with you all. Drive Safe!