Deceptive PAX used me to take them to a crack house. Uber's decision to NOT ban the account!

Should the passenger be banned permanently?

• Y

Votes: 17 77.3%
  • N

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters

Smokenburn

Last Wed. about 11:30pm I was in the Howell mill area and dropped off a passenger at home. I received a request about 3 miles away that looked to be near the edge of Smyrna/Vinings. As I got closer the route turned south off of Marietta St. I arrived at the addess waited a few minutes then 4 passengers get in my car (2 guys and 2 girls). One ask for an AUX cable and plays rap music. The address was Gun Club Rd. NW Atlanta... though this wasn't the actual address I soon found out. The account is under the name Chelsea. Within 3 seconds of pulling out of the driveway, the app says go straight, Chelsea says with attitude, 'Uh, driver you want to turn around and go back the other way?' I slow down and say this is what the GPS says and should I turn around? The other female says 'no, you can go this way too.' The address is several miles away and we began passing some very dodgy areas/streets (Lincoln Homes, Browntown Rd). The GPS says turn left destination is about 3 houses down or 1/8 mile, Chelsea says 'go straight' contrary to the GPS. I continue to a stop sign and I'm waiting for further directions... Chelsea is looking at me like she has no clue. One of the guys speaks up somewhat softly and says go straight, turn left, turn left... we're now on Lois St. They tell me to keep going and at this point we're 3 houses from a dead end, at night, in a dangerous neighborhood... I think there is a good chance I'm about to get carjacked/murdered. The guy tells me to stop at the house with the silver car. I turn around (so I'm headed AWAY from the dead end and can't get out as fast as possible) and wait in front of a crack house... while waiting Chelsea is is the 3rd row back seat looking at her phone and asks me with attitude like I'm a slave and have to do anything she says... that she wants to make another stop(s), but doesn't the address for the next stop either. Still waiting... I can see a black curtain in the window slightly pulled back and then the lights go out entirely, then back on, then entirely off again. 5 minutes later the guy comes out, he tells me to go down the street cross over a street, and then continue on the north side of Lois Pl. to another crack house. Again, I turn around so I'm heading away from the dead end... wait 5 minutes I can see him at the front window of the crack house with bars on the window. He comes back and I still don't know where they want me to take them. Chelsea doesn't know the address, the guy says take them back to where I picked them up. Chelsea didn't just say that because she really thinks I don't know what time it is... like they aren't just using Uber to commit crimes, put me in real danger, using me to take them to buy drugs. On the way back Chelsea suddenly says stop as we're traveling 45 mph and passing the store. I stop and 3 of them get out, 1 stayed. This was a very shady convenience store... no one else was in the there and they took 15 minutes like they are taking as long as possible. Literally 15 minutes and there was no one else at the store or even in sight. Once Chelsea finally got her ass in the car she's looking at her cell phone and I can hear her say something like, "-my name-, is going to flip" or something like that. Meaning she was deliberately trying to provoke me and be manipulative and win the all time Uber worst passenger award. No more stops on the way back to the house where I picked them up. They got out of the van and not one of them said a word, no thank you, nothing. That's the end of the ride.

Now, later that night I call APD and meet with two officers and tell them what happened. I gave them the addresses of the 3 houses. They said they can check out the houses. The next morning I go to the local Uber office and tell one of the guys what happened. I wanted her account banned at the least, so she can never do this to anyone ever again. I could have been robbed, killed, etc. I don't know if I'm getting robbed ,or if something goes wrong with the drug deal I'm in a dead end dark alley crack neighborhood, if i leave how do I know these people aren't going to attack me to keep from going to jail? Or I could go to jail as I'm an accomplice to their crimes if we get pulled over or busted at the scene. It took some persistence, but the guy basically said what I have to do is write an e-mail to corporate and tell them what happened... essentially they make it as hard as possible to get results. I said everytime I've attempted to contact Uber online all I get are canned responses, are you sure this will be effective? He said he's writing to them right now... a moment later he says she's been banned. Ok, great... I'm relieved that action has been taken to prevent more crime or putting drivers in the way of harm. However, later that day I received a message back from Uber online (I also sent a report online the night of the ride) and they said that they can't discuss the status of the passengers account due to their privacy policy, but said "At the same time, there is no reason for us to change the status of this passenger's account". It was at that point I'm now furious. At first they said they are going to reconsider the passengers account status and access to the application, then they said there is no reason for them to ban the passenger. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!??? So I told them what my next move is... and here is part of it. I'm sharing this publicly on this website, and Facebook and others will be next along with a message to the AJC and local media. Uber does not give a SHIT about the drivers safety. This is total bullshit. And yes, she gave me a one star rating in addition to accusing me of taking a longer route, making 3 stops, 2 crack houses, 1 15 minute convenience store stop which resulted in a 35 minute 7.9 mile ride with not one other car seen on the road the entire time.

It is extremely important that a message is sent to Uber that this behavior is clearly way unacceptable and the drivers safety does not exist... and when this happens, Uber slaps you in the face and doesn't do anything to even ban the passenger at the very least.

Here is the google street view maps for the first crack house. You can look around the street and see it's not somewhere you want to be even in broad daylight. The other house was a quarter mile away down the street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lois+Pl+NW,+Atlanta,+GA+30318/@33.7846299,-84.4539725,3a,75y,20h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGA6w-eURj3PJEodc_6wrvw!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=GA6w-eURj3PJEodc_6wrvw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=392&h=106&yaw=20.589144&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f51b38bbaf8e83:0x1ce0e8a48e71fb8d!8m2!3d33.7843285!4d-84.452693

2nd crack house on Lois Pl.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.784...4!1szfB4Ufs8fdgDT2J9YIDSrw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

*I may edit this post or add information I meant to include in the description of this particular ride.

Last edited:

Smokenburn

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://uberpeople.net/threads/pass...-ubers-decision-to-not-ban-the-account.92572/

Link to OT in the Cites: Atlanta, GA forum.

Last Wed. about 11:30pm I was in the Howell Mill/West Midtown area of Atlanta, GA and dropped off a passenger at home. I received a request about 3 miles away that looked to be near the edge of Smyrna/Vinings. As I got closer the route turned south off of Marietta St. I arrived at the addess waited a few minutes then 4 passengers get in my car. One ask for an AUX cable and plays rap music. The address was Gun Club Rd. NW Atlanta... though this wasn't the actual address I soon found out. The account is under the name Chelsea. Within 3 seconds of pulling out of the driveway, the app says go straight, Chelsea says with attitude, 'Uh, driver you want to turn around and go back the other way?' I slow down and say this is what the GPS says and should I turn around? The other female says 'no, you can go this way too.' The address is several miles away and we began passing some very dodgy areas/streets (Lincoln Homes, Browntown Rd). The GPS says turn left destination is about 3 houses down or 1/8 mile, Chelsea says 'go straight' contrary to the GPS. I continue to a stop sign and I'm waiting for further directions... Chelsea is looking at me like she has no clue. One of the guys speaks up somewhat softly and says go straight, turn left, turn left... we're now on Lois St. They tell me to keep going and at this point we're 3 houses from a dead end, at night, in a dangerous neighborhood... I think there is a good chance I'm about to get carjacked/murdered. The guy tells me to stop at the house with the silver car. I turn around (so I'm headed AWAY from the dead end and can't get out as fast as possible) and wait in front of a crack house... while waiting Chelsea is is the 3rd row back seat looking at her phone and asks me with attitude like I'm a slave and have to do anything she says... that she wants to make another stop(s), but doesn't the address for the next stop either. Still waiting... I can see a black curtain in the window slightly pulled back and then the lights go out entirely, then back on, then entirely off again. 5 minutes later the guy comes out, he tells me to go down the street cross over a street, and then continue on the north side of Lois Pl. to another crack house. Again, I turn around so I'm heading away from the dead end... wait 5 minutes I can see him at the front window of the crack house with bars on the window. He comes back and I still don't know where they want me to take them. Chelsea doesn't know the address, the guy says take them back to where I picked them up. Chelsea didn't just say that because she really thinks I don't know what time it is... like they aren't just using Uber to commit crimes, put me in real danger, using me to take them to buy drugs. On the way back Chelsea suddenly says stop as we're traveling 45 mph and passing the store. I stop and 3 of them get out, 1 stayed. This was a very shady convenience store... no one else was in the there and they took 15 minutes like they are taking as long as possible. Literally 15 minutes and there was no one else at the store or even in sight. Once Chelsea finally got her ass in the car she's looking at her cell phone and I can hear her say something like, "-my name-, is going to flip" or something like that. Meaning she was deliberately trying to provoke me and be manipulative and win the all time Uber worst passenger award. No more stops on the way back to the house where I picked them up. They got out of the van and not one of them said a word, no thank you, nothing. That's the end of the ride.

Now, later that night I call APD and meet with two officers and tell them what happened. I gave them the addresses of the 3 houses. They said they can check out the houses. The next morning I go to the local Uber office and tell one of the guys what happened. I wanted her account banned at the least, so she can never do this to anyone ever again. I could have been robbed, killed, etc. I don't know if I'm getting robbed ,or if something goes wrong with the drug deal I'm in a dead end dark alley crack neighborhood, if i leave how do I know these people aren't going to attack me to keep from going to jail? Or I could go to jail as I'm an accomplice to their crimes if we get pulled over or busted at the scene. It took some persistence, but the guy basically said what I have to do is write an e-mail to corporate and tell them what happened... essentially they make it as hard as possible to get results. I said everytime I've attempted to contact Uber online all I get are canned responses, are you sure this will be effective? He said he's writing to them right now... a moment later he says she's been banned. Ok, great... I'm relieved that action has been taken to prevent more crime or putting drivers in the way of harm. However, later that day I received a message back from Uber online (I also sent a report online the night of the ride) and they said that they can't discuss the status of the passengers account due to their privacy policy, but said "At the same time, there is no reason for us to change the status of this passenger's account". It was at that point I'm now furious. At first they said they are going to reconsider the passengers account status and access to the application, then they said there is no reason for them to ban the passenger. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!!!??? So I told them what my next move is... and here is part of it. I'm sharing this publicly on this website, and Facebook and others will be next along with a message to the AJC and local media. Uber does not give a SHIT about the drivers safety. This is total bullshit. And yes, she gave me a one star rating in addition to accusing me of taking a longer route, making 3 stops, 2 crack houses, 1 15 minute convenience store stop which resulted in a 35 minute 7.9 mile ride with not one other car seen on the road the entire time.

It is extremely important that a message is sent to Uber that this behavior is clearly way unacceptable and the drivers safety does not exist... and when this happens, Uber slaps you in the face and doesn't do anything to even ban the passenger at the very least.

Here is the google street view maps for the first crack house. You can look around the street and see it's not somewhere you want to be even in broad daylight. The other house was a quarter mile away down the street.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Lois+Pl+NW,+Atlanta,+GA+30318/@33.7846299,-84.4539725,3a,75y,20h,90t/data=!3m7!1e1!3m5!1sGA6w-eURj3PJEodc_6wrvw!2e0!6s//geo3.ggpht.com/cbk?panoid=GA6w-eURj3PJEodc_6wrvw&output=thumbnail&cb_client=search.TACTILE.gps&thumb=2&w=392&h=106&yaw=20.589144&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656!4m5!3m4!1s0x88f51b38bbaf8e83:0x1ce0e8a48e71fb8d!8m2!3d33.7843285!4d-84.452693

2nd crack house on Lois Pl.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.784...4!1szfB4Ufs8fdgDT2J9YIDSrw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

*I may edit this post or add information I meant to include in the description of this particular ride.

Last edited:

Smokenburn

You except ??someone to comprehend all that mish-mash. That's true, I barely read any of it.

As far as being self-absurd??. you are correct. I am the chortling crison on the horizon. All crisons are crisonly absorbed.

God damn it, will you just go away! No one can understand a word you say.

Ignore this guy, I want to keep this on topic. Uber condones this behavior and usage of YOU and YOUR PROPERTY IT'S YOUR LIFE AT RISK!

Last edited by a moderator:

I_Like_Spam

Great thing about Uber is that you never need to see these characters again.

In the mean time, try to avoid making pickups in seedy areas.

During my tenure as a yellow cab driver at the height of the crack fad, I had a standing rule that I just wouldn't drive white people into the ghetto. Drug runs weren't my thing

Smokenburn

Great thing about Uber is that you never need to see these characters again.

In the mean time, try to avoid making pickups in seedy areas.

During my tenure as a yellow cab driver at the height of the crack fad, I had a standing rule that I just wouldn't drive white people into the ghetto. Drug runs weren't my thing

You may not be familiar with Atlanta, but this is just a few miles from Vinings, Howell Mill, Buckhead, etc. Very nice neighborhoods (some of the nicer neighborhoods in the country really), but it's gets spotty fast south of Marietta blvd. I'm a native and 7th generation Atlantan so I have more extensive knowledge of the city than most... they were acting like I didn't know what time it is... and we're parking in front of two crack houses.

This is a website about the neighborhood.

http://www.dopeatthepark.com

I also didn't mention that according to a city data webpage there are 21 registered sex offenders within one mile of Lois Place. And 5 years ago 800 registered sex offenders in Georgia were wiped off the list.

LASAC_BER

So....why didn't you end the ride? Either ask for a new destination to plug in to navigation (Uber requirement tell them) or end the ride, ask them to get out...so many places you could have ended it if you weren't comfortable.

Smokenburn

So....why didn't you end the ride? Either ask for a new destination to plug in to navigation (Uber requirement tell them) or end the ride, ask them to get out...so many places you could have ended it if you weren't comfortable.
uh no, she was trying to defraud the system by entering a fake address, at no point did they tell me i'm supposed to wait until we arrived at the crack house and 3 of them stayed. telling them to get out would not have gone well. At no point did they all get out the car until dropping them off where i picked them up. You might be sheltered and don't get how sketchy this was. Atleast one of them was surely armed. I did not have an issue with Uber until they responded telling me that there is no reason to change the passengers account status. Unbelievable.

LASAC_BER

uh no, she was trying to defraud the system by entering a fake address, at no point did they tell me i'm supposed to wait until we arrived at the crack house and 3 of them stayed. telling them to get out would not have gone well. At no point did they all get out the car until dropping them off where i picked them up. You might be sheltered and don't get how sketchy this was. Atleast one of them was surely armed.
Fake address? You said you were following her verbal directions? Could also get out of the car yourself, with the keys and called police. Armed? Did you see a weapon? Totally understand your fear, I live and drive in LA and there are plenty of sketchy areas here...but try to see it from the perspective of Uber. There aren't any facts that show anything other than you completing a trip in a not-so-good area. Get a dashcam and mace. Figure out how to end rides if you feel uncomfortable.

SEAL Team 5

Uber condones this behavior and usage of YOU and YOUR PROPERTY IT'S YOUR LIFE AT RISK!
No, Uber profits off of this kind of behavior and usage of YOU and YOUR PROPERTY. Don't forget that you are just a number to Travis. Uber can easily replace you and your property. There are 100's of 1000's of potential Uber drivers out there that are stupid enough to do the same exact thing as you just did for even less money.

I_Like_Spam

No, Uber profits off of this kind of behavior and usage of YOU and YOUR PROPERTY. Don't forget that you are just a number to Travis. Uber can easily replace you and your property. .

And this is an illustration of a prime defect in the Uber system. They insist on a taste of every fare, so there is no interest in removing riders' accounts from their point of view.

When I drove Yellow Cab, they charged you strictly for the time. They lost no money at all, if you didn't take a trip, you had to pay your lease regardless. Besides, if something did happen, a driver was killed or injured or the car needed towed from the scene, it would be an expense to them.

No interest to Yellow Cab in pushing drivers into particularly sketchy situations. Although we did have drivers who would do drug runs, nonetheless.

Smokenburn

The passenger with the account was talking to me like either they and/or Uber had a gun to my head questioning me that I HAD to make multiple stops... once it was obvious what they were doing. As I mentioned in the OP, in addition to the danger and criminal activity she gave me a one star, accused me from the start of scamming HER by taking a longer route (which it wasn't), and took 15 minutes in the convenience store when they were the only ones in the store. This wasn't hey can you stop here I'll be quick.