Dear Uber re: Gas Prices

DeplorableDonald

Dear Uber,

I know you've got a lot on your plate, what with the Federal Investigation of the week and various other PR blunders, like growing outrage over upfront pricing or Rohit calling an UberEats customer a (female dog). However I have an idea that could let you pretend you like drivers and actually do something to help your drivers. You might get some positive PR. Lord knows you could use it.

The idea? Simple: a temporary per trip fuel surcharge. Gas prices, in case you haven't noticed, have gone up anywhere from $0.40-$0.75 per gallon. The station I normally use is up $0.60/gallon. Prices aren't going to do anything but go up for the foreseeable future. We, as drivers, absorb this and it cuts into our miniscule profit margins. I know for myself, I have driven for you much less since they went up. Unless you do something, my driving for you will be less and less until gas prices stabilize.

A simple $1.00 fuel surcharge per trip would help offset the rise in gas prices. Hell maybe even make it $0.75 for Pool.

Please note, this would be FOR THE DRIVERS FOR GAS, not subject to your 20%-25% commission. No "$0.75 for the driver, $0.25 for Uber'. This is NOT an additional Mickey Mouse fee for you to nickel and dime riders. This would be a simple pass through from the rider to the driver.

Other businesses do this. Many transportation companies did this a number of years ago when gas was $4/gallon. Airlines instituted bag fees due to high fuel costs. Cabs did this if I recall correctly.

Please spare me that Boost and Quest help offset this. In your last meeting where you rolled out the latest 180 Days of Change, the presenter basically acknowledged that Uber knows rates are too low as they are and that Quest and Boost are to help make up for that.

This would be VERY easy to do. Riders would understand, and it would be a nice gesture that would show Uber feels drivers pain.

Thank you

TheDonald

roadman

Dear Uber,

I know you've got a lot on your plate, what with the Federal Investigation of the week and various other PR blunders, like growing outrage over upfront pricing or Rohit calling an UberEats customer a (female dog). However I have an idea that could let you pretend you like drivers and actually do something to help your drivers. You might get some positive PR. Lord knows you could use it.

The idea? Simple: a temporary per trip fuel surcharge. Gas prices, in case you haven't noticed, have gone up anywhere from $0.40-$0.75 per gallon. The station I normally use is up $0.60/gallon. Prices aren't going to do anything but go up for the foreseeable future. We, as drivers, absorb this and it cuts into our miniscule profit margins. I know for myself, I have driven for you much less since they went up. Unless you do something, my driving for you will be less and less until gas prices stabilize.

A simple $1.00 fuel surcharge per trip would help offset the rise in gas prices. Hell maybe even make it $0.75 for Pool.

Please note, this would be FOR THE DRIVERS FOR GAS, not subject to your 20%-25% commission. No "$0.75 for the driver, $0.25 for Uber'. This is NOT an additional Mickey Mouse fee for you to nickel and dime riders. This would be a simple pass through from the rider to the driver.

Other businesses do this. Many transportation companies did this a number of years ago when gas was $4/gallon. Airlines instituted bag fees due to high fuel costs. Cabs did this if I recall correctly.

Please spare me that Boost and Quest help offset this. In your last meeting where you rolled out the latest 180 Days of Change, the presenter basically acknowledged that Uber knows rates are too low as they are and that Quest and Boost are to help make up for that.

This would be VERY easy to do. Riders would understand, and it would be a nice gesture that would show Uber feels drivers pain.

Thank you

TheDonald
they don't even have to charge the riders more, they can deduct 1.00 from their booking fee.

a_Magillacutty

Dear Uber,

Thank you

TheDonald

Here, Here

Another Uber Driver

Please note, this would be FOR THE DRIVERS FOR GAS, not subject to your 20%-25% commission. No "$0.75 for the driver, $0.25 for Uber'.

Cabs did this if I recall correctly.

You do recall correctly. Over the years, this has occurred more than once both in the City and the suburbs.

Tars Tarkas

Due to the recent disasters caused by global warming and as evidenced by the unprecedented hurricane activity that has curtailed the production the gasoline, we must impose a $1 surcharge for each Uber ride to pay for the gas you are using. It's good for the environment, good for you, and good for America.

PDT

Dear Uber,

Wha

Thank you

TheDonald

What meeting did uber have-I wasn't aware of one? Thanks

Emp9

Dear Uber,

Thank you

TheDonald
or donald you could tell your buddies at exxon and mobile to not artificially jack up prices a $1 a gallon across the US blaming it on a hurricane in texas.

tohunt4me

Dear Uber,

Thank you

TheDonald
No boost or quest in my market !
Just 4 Rate Cuts !

or donald you could tell your buddies at exxon and mobile to not artificially jack up prices a $1 a gallon across the US blaming it on a hurricane in texas.
Big Oil loves you !

These Disasters have caused Real problems for them.

DeplorableDonald

What meeting did uber have-I wasn't aware of one? Thanks

It was an invitation when they rolled out the latest 180 Days of Change bullshit. It was in Arlington. Basically the GM for D.C. area with a PowerPoint presentation about the latest app updates.

There was a Q&A that was interesting. Hopefully they do another one.

Zdriver19

$3 a gallon this morning. Unless Uber does something to offset the gas price increase, driving is no longer proffitable.

tohunt4me

$3 a gallon this morning. Unless Uber does something to offset the gas price increase, driving is no longer proffitable.
Paying $2.29 gal. For Shell.
$2.24 with card.
Was paying Under $2.00 a gallon before hurricanes.
Made $125.00 cash tips delivering pizza today.
Averaged 33 m.p.g.
Getting 37 cents a mile full and empty for pizza.
Plus pay. Plus $125.00 tips.
Screw Uber.

Uber paying 90 cents a mile Minus 25%.
18 cents a minute.

Have a great double pepperoni thin for supper . . .

Last edited:

artemis

If only it were possible to get all uber drivers in the DMV area to just turn off the driver app for 12 hours. Probably would make for a strong message.