Uber Drivers Forum banner

Dealing With Traffic Tickets

4K views 65 replies 16 participants last post by  mark_mark 
#1 ·
Hey Drivers,

We're Off The Record, a few guys from Seattle that got tired of dealing with traffic tickets. We created our service to match anyone, anywhere, to a local, affordable and qualified traffic attorney.

We have already helped thousands of uber drivers nationwide and thought we would partner with UberPeople.net to get the word out in Seattle.

While it's common knowledge that traffic tickets mean convictions on your record, increased insurance rates, and a risk of being dropped by uber/lyft, most people don't realize how an attorney can help them. We recommend fighting every moving violation and you can use Off The Record to make it easy. (at OffTheRecord.com & via iOS app)

Take a photo of your ticket -> get matched -> let the attorney handle the rest. It saves your driving record in under 2 minutes of work.

We are so confident in our 97% success rate* that Off The Record offers a full refund if the attorney can not improve the outcome of the case.
To help more ride share drivers, we are offering the code "UBERPEOPLE" to get a discount on your legal fee at checkout.

Check us out at www.OffTheRecord.com
We have already helped over 1,000 drivers in Washington this year.

Questions? Comments? Stories? Let us know!

Happy Driving,
-OTR

*we consider a success rate when the ticket is dismissed, reduced or deferred. Basically it means that if the attorney does not improve your outcome, you get refunded the full legal fee.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hi, Good question!

The price for an attorney varies by county. Like singal11 said though, we typically see about $250 for an infraction like that in King County. (And that is before the UBERPEOPLE code discount.)

The cost of an attorney varies like crazy across states and the country. We work with attorneys in Texas that charge $50 and attorneys in Massachusetts that charge $600+ for the same thing. The goal of Off The Record was to price shop for you and bring you the best price for an attorney in the county where you got your ticket. On top of being the most affordable, we also offer the money back guarantee which most attorneys do not.

Has anyone seen their insurance rates skyrocket or been kicked off of Uber/Lyft because of a ticket?

#5 ·
Hi, Good question!

The price for an attorney varies by county. Like singal11 said though, we typically see about $250 for an infraction like that in King County. (And that is before the UBERPEOPLE code discount.)

The cost of an attorney varies like crazy across states and the country. We work with attorneys in Texas that charge $50 and attorneys in Massachusetts that charge $600+ for the same thing. The goal of Off The Record was to price shop for you and bring you the best price for an attorney in the county where you got your ticket. On top of being the most affordable, we also offer the money back guarantee which most attorneys do not.

Has anyone seen their insurance rates skyrocket or been kicked off of Uber/Lyft because of a ticket?
Nice! Ghost were are you at?!?! cheap lawyers ready to get yo ticket dropped.

#14 ·
Nice! Ghost were are you at?!?! cheap lawyers ready to get yo ticket dropped.
I earned a RL run ticket at the beginning of the month. They got me on camera clearly running one (something must have been going on because this is not a normal behavior for me) ( driving fast is). The ticket is $125 and not for running the RL but for parking infraction since they cannot prove who was in the car. I believe this is a new tactic, but one I approve of since I do not want to spent time and money fighting a ticket for something I did. It is not a moving violation, so I will pay my penance and just move on.

#34 ·
Another good question.
In Washington we consider "reduced" when the ticket is reduced to a non-moving violation. To state the obvious, our goal is to not have anything on your record! The scenario you talk about, where only the fine is reduced, would still mean you get a refund of the legal fee.

These red light cameras are more about revenue for the city and camera companies than safety. Miami (among other cities) is getting rid of them.
https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/01/red-light-cameras-unfair-unsafe-unnecessary/

"A 2016 report from the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles found that intersections with red-light cameras saw increases in nearly every type of accident in the years since the cameras were installed. Rear-end crashes went up 11.41 percent, angle crashes went up 6.42 percent, and crashes involving injuries went up 9.34 percent. Fatalities from accidents doubled."

"In Miami, officials expected to collect $10.5 million during the current fiscal year on citations from the cameras. Of that, $4.4 million would go to American Traffic Solutions and the rest to the city coffers. "

hmm.....
ABSOLUTLEY! In fact I think everyone already knows this. Fining citizens for wrongdoing is never about changing behaviors, and always about lining the coffers of the magistrate. As a born Pagan, card carrying anarchist I am well aware of the control systems put in place to curtail the actions of high spirited citizens. Fear not I shall still blast the mountain passes at triple digit speeds, and storm the high deserts of the west with my friends at obscene speeds. However when rightly caught, I shall not overrun the needs and wants of the citizenship ( most of whom scoff and deride my need for speed), and as long as the fines do not impinge on my desire to take action I shall pay gladly.

Thank you for your time and attention.

#50 ·
My VW GTI (personal use only car) is equipped with a police laser and radar detector.
Car Vehicle Plant Wheel Grille

I have zero speeding tickets. It's legal in WA state to have them in private vehicles, but it is illegal to have radar/laser detectors in commercial vehicles. The question is about my Toyota Prius and my Toyota Corolla which are both used for Uber/ Lyft. Are Uber/ Lyft platforms truly considered commercial vehicles when the app is open. We are operating the car in a commercial passenger transport way, but if I was cruising along with the app open, no passengers in the Prius / Corolla , is it illegal to operate the radar/ laser detector?

#51 ·
My VW GTI (personal use only car) is equipped with a police laser and radar detector.
View attachment 235709
I have zero speeding tickets. It's legal in WA state to have them in private vehicles, but it is illegal to have radar/laser detectors in commercial vehicles. The question is about my Toyota Prius and my Toyota Corolla which are both used for Uber/ Lyft. Are Uber/ Lyft platforms truly considered commercial vehicles when the app is open. We are operating the car in a commercial passenger transport way, but if I was cruising along with the app open, no passengers in the Prius / Corolla , is it illegal to operate the radar/ laser detector?
German tag on yo car!!! you sure U local?

Might? ... He won't stop PM'ing me...
For the last time NO!
I'm a giver not a taker!

#59 ·
There a lot of really hot cops here, men and women. That line might work on one of them if they didn't tase you and arrest you.
Have you lived here your whole life? Cops seem to be a little more chill here than in other areas. All of my tickets except for one occurred in other states, in more rural areas, with cops desperate for funds and bored out of their minds.
SPD is more chill.

#60 ·
Can't you guys go to traffic school to get the ticket dismissed in the state of Washington? When you go to school, then that ticket is not sent to DMV, so no point on the driver's license.
Good question! Only some traffic tickets (minor moving violations) are eligible for traffic school. Sometime you don't even get the option.
mark_mark makes a good point.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.