Deader than a zombie tonight

Arlington Driver

I am writing from the Wells Fargo bank parking lot near Clarendon. One and a half hours online, two trips and I did turn down an Uber X ridet with a 4.31 rating. Turned on the rider app and moved the pin randomly in Arlington and DC and no mattet where you put the pin, there are at least threr and usually more cars visible.

Cov87

That is true. Say at home in n Arlington with the app on for 1 hr 13 mins. No pings. No surge of course, probably not helped by me sitting here online.
Wonder if Lyft is any better. Should really get a meeting with one of their mentors this week.

nutzareus

My daytime job took me into DC this afternoon so I turned on the app. Bronze 1.2x boost ping almost immediately from GW to Adams Morgan. You know it's dead when you can stop on 18th Street in Adams Morgan and there isn't a car behind you.

Arlington Driver

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
J0sh0falltrades, you took the words out of my mouth. I got a Uber Pool just before 10. Went home and ate dinner and sure enough when I logged onto the partner app, downtown was surging. I think Uber's master plan is to have fewer driversion, which will lead to surge which will push passengers to Uber Pool.

warrior lady

That is true. Say at home in n Arlington with the app on for 1 hr 13 mins. No pings. No surge of course, probably not helped by me sitting here online.
Wonder if Lyft is any better. Should really get a meeting with one of their mentors this week.

I did a lot better with Lyft last night. Made $52 in 1 1/2 hours 9:45-11:15 pm. There was even Primetime (Lyft'sversion of surging). Prior to this, I was online for Uber between 7:30-9:30 aqnd only 2 rides that whole time.

uuberr

If you havent signed up.yet with Lyft look up their 6k guarantee for the first month before applying :wink: and once youve made that first 1500/week holla at me and buy me lunch at silver diner lol

uuberr

If you havent signed up.yet with Lyft look up their 6k guarantee for the first month before applying :wink: and once youve made that first 1500/week holla at me and buy me lunch at silver diner lol

I did a lot better with Lyft last night. Made $52 in 1 1/2 hours 9:45-11:15 pm. There was even Primetime (Lyft'sversion of surging). Prior to this, I was online for Uber between 7:30-9:30 aqnd only 2 rides that whole time.
same happened to me on sat from 10pm-12am no pings with uber turned lyft on and made $73 in 2 n half hrs. Ubers really pushing their drivers towards lyft with these guarantee hrs where they wont send u any pings

Arlington Driver

I read my post over and realized I was not clear. My fault for posting tired and on a tablet instead of a PC. What I meant to say is this is Uber's master plan:
1) Eliminate the bulk of incentives which cost them too much money
2) This will increase surge and reduce the number of drivers, BUT:
a) Uber no longer makes riders accept surge, but gives them flat price so they are unaware
b) Pushes users to Pool which will require fewer drivers

It's brilliant because they will increase the "Uber" fee which they will collect multiple times on each Pool and the fewer drivers will carry the same numer of people. Finally, thje higher surge levels (which will not longer be disclosed) will push people who avoid UberPool to it just because it will be cheaper. Think about it, when your trip is $10 and UberPool saves you 40% then you save $4. If it's a 2.0 surge and now that same trip is $20, then Uber Pool will save you twice as much or $8.

Arlington Driver

nutzareus I won't pick up UberPool without incentives either. However, believe it or not even without incentives some drivers will drive. Yes, there will be surge pricing, but it will be reasonable and UberPool will still be relatively cheap so riders will go and desperate drivers will drive for chump change.

I looked at the surge pricing that occurred last night after the active zone incentives went away. It was only really in downtown Washington and then nothing really above 2.0. Sure Thursday, Friday and Saturday will be worse and maybe they'll use some of the Uber fee which will likely soon rise to $2 to provide driver incentives around weekend times. The rest of the time, it will just surge a lot just like it did before Uber offered heavy metal incentives. This time though, with "up front" pricing only savvy riders will know it is surging.

4aseason

I won't pick-up Uberstool even with incentives. It's immoral for me. And anyway stool always dilutes my hourly average. No bad habits no matter what.:cool: