• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Dead !

Mnom4369

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea I get it but we would still be getting pings through out the day . It hard getting pings now

Mike7777

No big deal.your missing all those $3 calls where you don’t make any money anyway after expenses with Uber taking 40+ commission and no surge it’s time to find a real job

Nfs

Because market is oversaturated and lot of people use their personal cars who else need uber here except drunks and people whose car get broken?? U might take airport trips but on the way back you will come empty.. they eill pay you $40 and it will take 45 mins to get there. Add another 45 to come here and plus gas... tell me does it really worth?? Ny is giving $15 per hr ... it is better to do all those jobs

Mike7777

No it is definitely not worth it . This job is for illegals with no brains no talent and nowhere else to go and even those people are starting to realize that they are being used as Uber slaves just living off the equity they have in there cars .you can’t survive with Uber taking all the profits and no surges just a stupid spot light telling you more trips in a certain area ,yea more $3 crap or maybe you get a premium possibly if you drive for 15-20 minutes for another $3 fare and .50 for the drive there .uber party is over

Ben321

I think its safe to say the end is near for Long Island Ubers now that Thanksgiving/Holiday season is over. There will essentially never be a surge anymore.

Good thing I have a TLC license and rented out TLC car right after new years. Worked 7 hours Uber/Lyft/Juno today in NYC and made $250. Called it a day and came home. It also might be worthwhile to start looking at $15 minimum wage jobs instead of running your to the ground to make peanuts and expect to pay $1k tax for every $5k you made. Now that Jobs are back on schedule and people are back from vacation, NYC Uber is back to business.

Ben321

Damn u liar NYC is dead dont know how u made those $250 in 7 hours. It's been dead since Christmas.
Are you doing X/pool rides? I am doing SUV and Black rides only. My friends who drive UberX said they pulled in 300 in 10 hours today with X. You're not doing it right.

Lakhvir9898

Are you doing X/pool rides? I am doing SUV and Black rides only. My friends who drive UberX said they pulled in 300 in 10 hours today with X. You're not doing it right.
Idk maybe ur friends was lucky...nyc is dead completely since past 3 weeks...no surge...nothing..

One minute, you're saying XL is the way to go. Next, Uber is dead. Now, X friends kicked ass Monday night. Dude, you're all over the place with your stance. One lane or the other, Margaret! BTW: Where the hell were your X friends Ubering on a Monday that they pulled in $300 in 10 hours? It sure wasn't on the Island, I can tell you that!

Ben321

One minute, you're saying XL is the way to go. Next, Uber is dead. Now, X friends kicked ass Monday night. Dude, you're all over the place with your stance. One lane or the other, Margaret! BTW: Where the hell were your X friends Ubering on a Monday that they pulled in $300 in 10 hours? It sure wasn't on the Island, I can tell you that!
In NYC not LI buddy, Long Island is dead till the summer

In NYC not LI buddy, Long Island is dead till the summer
Well, buddy, this is a LI thread. Of course, NYC'll make you more money, if you want and can afford the TLC license and sit through the classes. Not everyone wants to deal with the City. So, let's try and remain focused on the region of topic, shall we? Long Island.

IamRick

So dead! Zero pings from 12 to 1 am! About to go back home
You do realize that is most quiet time on Friday and Saturday night. Most people are already home or they are out to where they want to be. I'm not just saying this but the data of my trips show it. You all cry about Uber and making no money but you don't do it smart. I used to sit 12 - 1am out especially in the area of my home. I'm also lucky though, I have a hot bar village 5 minutes away so I can head back out.

AlUbering

Looks like because of the govt shutdown all the govt employees also signed up for uber LI and are driving here
1.30 hours 0 dollars made!