Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.
1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  thatguy135 
#1 ·
I drove for Lyft in 2016 (with no issues and a 4.98 rating) for only a few months. I decided to drive again this year and all my documents were quickly approved.

On May 8th I started driving for the first time after my two year hiatus, but my driver app was deactivated after a few rides. This was due to the required background check. Checkr submitted my BC that same day, which was quickly followed by a Lyft email that explained they were in the midst of making a decision of removing from the platform due to an item in my report:

"Based in whole or in part upon information contained in the background report, we are considering removing you from the Lyft platform. If we decide to remove you from the Lyft platform, you will receive additional information in a separate email."

My driving record has remained clean and has not changed since I was accepted in 2016. The item they are referring to is a 2012 reckless driving charge, however this was more than three years ago and fulfills Lyft guidelines (this was also not an issue when I was originally accepted). So I am confident I will be clear to drive again.

My question is if anyone has had this same email sent to them and how long did it take for Lyft to reactivate -- as it seems they only need to make a decision. It is coming up on 2 weeks and I understand it can take as long as 3 weeks, but they have all my info from Checkr already. I have contacted Lyft several times and I am always given the same response which does not offer any help.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

See less See more
#7 ·
What was the reckless driving charge all about?
Driving 25mph over the posted speed limit.

I can't think of a more damaging report for a ride share driver to have on his driving record than reckless driving. I'm curious why they ever let you drive in the first place. o_O
Well, according to Lyft's guidelines, it states no reckless driving within the past 3 years and I have had no blemishes on my record since 2012. Their call I suppose.

I should've expunged before reapplying. I know, I know...

#10 ·
I'm also surprised a driver can be considered for ride sharing with a reckless on their record. I think Uber is a zero tolerance with reckless driving on one's record, which makes absolute sense.

Again, the enigma of these application processes has become more apparent and inconsistent. I just love giving strangers gum and charging their phones, what can I say.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.