1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Deactivation on LYFT and any Recourse?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Don Wren, Oct 12, 2017 at 12:50 PM.

1. Don Wren

Don Wren New Member

Hello -

I have been driving with Lyft for 3 years now, and have never been deactivated prior, but just 3 days ago they informed me that a rider last weekend accused me of driving intoxicated or in possession of drug substance, I was floored as I have never even touched alcohol nor drugs, so I really had no idea where this came from or what would make a rider make such an outlandish claim? They told me my account would be deactivated while they perform their investigation.

So I responded to the email allegation right away refuting this claim unequivocally.

However just today, 3 days later they informed me that they have permanently deactivated my account and that I would not be able to apply for a new one. They said they monitor driving accounts and have seen from the past that some riders have put in comments citing safety concerns etc. For that reason they have deactivated me, which I think is quite harsh. Also this was the first time that anyone had ever made this particular claim against me for alcohol/drugs. In the same time there have been many positive comments that I have received from riders, a lot of them commending my excellent driving skills etc.

So does anyone know if there is any recourse at all for this? Any hope of appeal with them to get back the driving account? I guess this one good case that can be mad for having a Union who can defend you in such instances of harsh treatment.

Appreciate any feedback. Thank all for your help.

2. d0n

d0n Well-Known Member

Wait for it.

3. leroy jenkins

leroy jenkins Well-Known Member

Assuming OP is being 100% honest, sounds like passenger lied to Lyft to scam a free ride.

Best shot is trying to email a different CSR agent or go your local Lyft office is there is one. If that all fails, random shot is going to the media and stating your case.

Or go try a labor lawyer? But being a 1099-er, Lyft can let go of anyone for any reason, or no reason.

4. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear what happened, but I think the straight-up answer is you are done.

It may not be fair, it may not be right, but it is what it is. We are independent contractors and we can be permanently deactivated at any time -- in HR parlance -- "...for good reason, bad reason, or no reason at all." There is no appeal.

It is harsh, but it is time to move on. Don't waste time and money on attorneys or other useless activities.

You could apply with Uber if you want to continue driving.

Good luck.

5. Merc7186

Merc7186 Well-Known Member

I hate to be the guy that points out the obvious (but here comes the obvious) but we are not employees of Lyft or Uber. They can suspend you for whatever reason they like and there is no repercussion. At least with Uber you can go to a hub and meet with a pimple faced millennial to plead your case...but again, drivers are expendable and can easily be replaced.

Also, the idea of a Union is a joke....because we are NOT EMPLOYEES.