1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Deactivation by cancelations?

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by mara, Sep 10, 2015.

1. mara

mara Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Just got text message from Uber.
    "Our records indicate that you are completing a lot fewer of the trips you accept. Please sign offline when you are not in a position to complete the requests you accept. Completing more trips will help you earn more money. Repeated warnings could result in you losing access to the Uber platform."
    How it will help to EARN MORE MONEY if riders located on 10-20 min driving and ask to take them for 0.5 miles?
    So is it rule for an employee or contractor?

2. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I got the text 3 times in the last 3 weeks.

I now take a screenshot of every ping over 20 minutes away before it times out...

**** Uber if they think I am driving 1/2 hour for free to pick up a cheap ass UberX pax.

3. soonsoon

soonsoon Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    just chill out on the skipping and the warning text will go away. Uber knows about the skipping so don't over do it. Believe me they have data on every activity. what do you think all those updates on the apps that they never tell us are for?

Why do Uber look the other way to skipping? creates surge and more money for them too.

4. headtheball

headtheball Well-Known Member

Remember these wise words and you will be fine.

Scenicruiser and UberRidiculous like this.
  5. ocbob2

ocbob2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have had pax cancel when I call or text and find out they are not going in my direction. If I get deactivated, more ammo for my better chance when I sue Uber. I am an independent contractor and while I understand there are certain items uber needs me to behave, not accepting rides should not be one of them. I ride share and that is exactly what they advertised to me.

UberRidiculous and THIRDEYE like this.
  6. Amsoil Uber Connect

Amsoil Uber Connect Well-Known Member

Just more proof we are treated "AS an Employee,..."

Keep those texts coming Uber. There not helping your case's.

jaimeritchie likes this.
  7. haji

haji Well-Known Member

I got the similar text message but no mention of deactivation .
    ps. increase your rates I will be happy to service most of the calls I receive

8. Showa50

Showa50 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Join the club.

If you're a pro, the next warning they'll remove the 'lose access' part.

UBERZERKER likes this.
  9. LA#1x3

LA#1x3 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I got 5 of those text in 2 weeks. Once I got 2 in 1 day go figure. Sry uber but u know what to do to make that cancelation problem go away. 1st raise ur rates. 2nd don't send pings 15 mins way. 3d kick low rates pax off the system. 4th make surges longer, if u can improve on any of these problems I promise ur cancelation problems will get better

10. Bdott

Bdott Active Member

I agree with everyone suggestion. Ive received that same text as well.

11. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    -HARASSMENT-

Me too AND three! Just today..
    Getting tired of "THEIR GAMES" too.
    Requesting, canceling right b4 or just when we arrive, then requesting again..

Agreed...

But still, even AFTER a while...
    I just had to let them know what's on my mind..

Did it the right way, politely, I held back on the profanity (this time lol), and guess what..?
    They answered..

Y'all wanna see what they said?
    (Coming up next...lol), seriously though.

12. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    (FIRST RESPONSE)

John (Uber)
    Sep 12, 08:53

Hi "PARTNER,

Your honesty is well appreciated!

The fare for this trip 5A0DE0C9-CAD4-4216-9B0E-654F76542B7D, was already adjusted to $0.

Thanks for looking out for your riders. You can always request a fare review within 48 hours of a trip directly through the Partner App 'Help' page.

Feel free to reach out with any additional questions - I’m more than happy to help!

All the best,

John
    help.uber.com

I didn't begin or end the trip on time:
    Pickup Location: No pickup, cancelled.
    Dropoff Location: previous TRIP 5A0DE0C9-CAD4-4216-9B0E-654F76542B7D

13. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    (MY IMMEDIATE REPLY)

(DOOBER PARTNER)
    Sep 12, 11:37

Hello support team,

Thank you for your prompt response, I am glad to know I can count on you.

I just wanted briefly clarify with some minor details as to why I started this ticket to look into.

This is a perfect example of what happens (very often) when situations escalate to a certain point between customers and drivers that most likely have been reported to customer service perhaps as a bad experience by the rider...
    Which in turn makes US (Drivers) look bad, have our rating lowered, flagged in the system.

This ultimately leads to emails and alerts sent to us with WARNINGS AND ULTIMATUMS OF DEACTIVATION.

I want there to be in understanding that several times WE are hailed to a pick up location (WHILE IN SURGE), by the time we arrive (AFTER HAVING ACCEPTED A REQUEST SEVERAL MINUTES AWAY), the customer cancels the trip, requests again, or in my case, has THE OTHER FRIEND / PERSON / RIDER request again, and since we are obviously the closest, or already there, we get the ping right away.

It's hard to stay professional and not say anything rude, yet we bite or lip and continue to provide excellent Uber Service.

These actions should not be the cause of punishment notifications sent to us about cancellations and acceptances.. I'm not OK with action not being taken fairly both ways.

I doubt that these warnings are also being sent to the riders, and I also understand that customers are our fare, but we shouldn't suffer the consequences of these outcomes alone.

I'm not expecting anything monetary out of this, all I ask is for consideration in the judgement being passed that sometimes feels like harassment.

Thanx for hearing me out on this matter, I appreciate the time you invest in helping all of us out. I respect your work because I know it's not a walk in the park either.

Stay Blessed,
    Enjoy the rest of your day...

-DOOBER PARTNER-

------ Original message------

Showa50 likes this.
  14. UBERZERKER

UBERZERKER Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    (THEIR FINAL RESPONSE)

John (Uber)
    Sep 12, 11:55

Hi "PARTNER",

I'm very sorry to hear about the trouble here.

I've noted your feedback in our system so they can review and make necessary actions about it. I can feel how very disappointed you are on every trip you take and that trip will just be cancel, especially when you already spend gas and effort just to locate the rider. But no worries though, cancelled trip won't affect your ratings nor the rider or you can rate each other. You can always send us an email if you think that trip needs a cancellation fee and from there we will make adjustments if necessary.

I again apologize for this experience you had. Feel free to reach out with any additional questions - I’m more than happy to help!

All the best,

John
    help.uber.com