1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Deactivated...

Discussion in 'UberEATS' started by Enchantress954, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Enchantress954

Enchantress954 New Member

So I’ve been driving for Uber almost a year now doing only UberEATS. Last Friday I got a warning notice that I have too many “undelivered” trips and I was at risk for deactivation. The only undelivered I’d had Thursday and Friday were to a high school where the students are not permitted to receive food deliveries so the security guard won’t even let us on the property. Monday morning I wake up and get ready to drive and see that one of my trips from the day before was taken back by Uber. Apparently the customer was missing some chicken wings so he claimed that he never received any of his food. Monday was a horrible day!! Very first order was a McDonald’s order, get to the customers community and try to contact him for a gate code. No answer. Waited the 5 minutes and tried calling again. Still no answer so yes, after another 5 minutes I canceled the order. Practically the whole day was like this, I had support on speed dial and after explaining the situations for a couple of the trips where I couldn’t find the customer( one said she was outside, she wasn’t, and no answer at the door and a couple of calls) or there was no gate code and the customers weren’t answering support advised me to cancel. Needless to say, Monday night I was deactivated. I’ve put in support tickets, and have gone to the hubs a few times already and still no resolution. They are saying it’s a permanent ban. In all actuality how likely is it that they would potentially reactive my account?? I mean, seriously, I had a really crappy week. These issues were out of my control. After a year of driving with no problems they deactivate me for a few bad days. My satisfaction rating was 98%, acceptance at 100%, and cancellation at 10%. Anyone had a similar situation and they’ve actually allowed you to drive again?? Sorry this is so long. Any input would be nice.

2. Loubie1130

Loubie1130 New Member

I knew I didn’t accept delivery/UBEREATS rides for a reason!

tomabq and Merc7186 like this.
  3. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

That sucks, I just happened to get my first down vote from a restaurant today. Puts me at 90%. One more and I'm toast too I guess. On the bright side, I assume DD/GH/PM is available in your area? From reading the posts around here, the money will probably be better, but you will still be a slave to the rating game to one extent or another.

4. Joesmith2012

Joesmith2012 New Member

thats really stupid I hope its not permanent, you just had a rough couple of days. I had a too many undelivered warning a week ago the pizza place took too long over 30 mins and I didn't want to cancel so I waited it out, well finally the pizza was done and I was walking out the door some Uber rep calls me and asking me why it took so long and the costumer was very unhappy and had cancelled the trip. I'm really baffled how things that our not fault can some how still be blamed on us?

Ezridax likes this.
  5. Bpr2

Bpr2 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Weird, my only thumbs down put me to 95%

6. Chris1973

Chris1973 Well-Known Member

Well it was probably a stupid Grandy's. They refused to hand me the food from the drive-thru (walk in, it's policy!), it was right there, I could see the customer's name on the receipt! They finally gave it to me anyway. But NEXT TIME... ME: There will not be a next time, I will be ignoring or can cancelling any orders from this store in the future, have a nice day.. Guess I deserved it but WTF? MCD's let's us use the drive-thru, it just makes sense when there is one.

Ezridax and Bpr2 like this.
  7. Joesmith2012

Joesmith2012 New Member

yeah I learned this lesson the hard way, if the order is taking way too long like 20 min plus, don't try to be the good guy and the good little soldier and wait it out, cancel it quick, because if the costumer complains, the restaurant wont be blamed and Uber won't be blamed, its on you the driver, you are the expendable one, you will get the blame, so quickly drop that job and run far away.

8. dnlbaboof

dnlbaboof Well-Known Member

do they still let you shut off deliveries and do pax i hope so....

9. Androidcoder

Androidcoder Member

Pretty scary story. I would advise actually claiming unemployment against Uber, since they even advised you to cancel. I've mentioned this on other Eats threads, but for those reading about your experience with Uber on late orders here it goes.

Immediately hit order not ready when it isn't, although now sometimes there will be a 'food being prepared' timer preventing you from reporting the order until the timer runs out. This gives added documentation of when you got there, although Uber should be able to see this from location records on the app. It sounds like they didn't bother checking the app location records in your case and just blamed you for being late.

Now the restaurant is immediately notified when you click this, which sucks as far as them possibly down voting you in revenge. Then when you're done with the delivery go to 'help' on that specific delivery and report the wait. When I started it was $5 for 10 minutes, a couple of times I got $10 for 30 minutes. After advising Minneapolis driving Ants of this apparently a lot of people started claiming their wait fees and they have moved it to 15 minutes. That's a long time but at least you will get compensated for the really long waits. I talked to a driver who said it used to be $5 for every 10 minutes when Eats started, but she was probably the only one who knew about it at the time.

When customer doesn't show I often called support as a precaution, which is a huge wait and a pain. Sometimes they call back an hour later expecting you to redeliver for free, which I never do. Now there is a 5 minute timer after you phone the drop, which should help prevent drivers getting blamed, and should have in your case. That timer should also allow the driver to just move on to the next order instead of wasting time and energy calling Uber support and dealing with nonnative english speaking scripted phone response. They just say 'I understand that . . .' and repeat whatever you had just said.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017 at 7:34 AM
  10. uberboy1212

uberboy1212 Active Member

McDs orders to high schools ****in suck. They shouldnt even be able to order UE. Its always a short trip, pain in the ass to find the little **** and guaranteed no tip

EricYoungOnline likes this.
  11. PrestonT

PrestonT Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    You should be thanking your lucky stars right now, you are being nudged to find a career that doesn't amount to wading through BS for peanuts.

12. HighRollinG

HighRollinG Active Member

Taking fries is easy but wings was gutsy

EricYoungOnline likes this.