Deactivated today

huskersjkb

Uber permanently deactivated my account citing high rate of cancellation. Excuse me? I had 4 no shows that were $4/fee in the last two weeks. I get deactivated for that?

I've never just canceled a trip, unless after the 5 minute window. Sometimes a rider will call and cancel themselves...

So because people didn't show up or a rider requested cancel, I'm permanently deactivated?

Good work @@@@@@@@.

UberwhoIaM

Did you get any WARNING emails? How long have you been driving for Uber? How many completed rides do you average per week?

huskersjkb

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not from Cal.

Yes I received ONE warning email, the Monday after that date. I hadn't driven again to help out the situation, I was out of town. Next thing you know, I'm gone!

I avg about 40-50 rides in Lincoln, NE, weekly. Mostly bar crowds Fri/Sat nights.

Dang

Same thing happend to me on april 2016 I was deactivated since then i beg like a dog and go to local office 20 timess but they don't reactivate me there is nothing u cAn do...once deactivated for high cancellation they will never reactivate u back i also took the 7x7 online test to see if they reactivate me but they wont so yea...ur done with uber

JaniceCT

Same thing happend to me on april 2016 I was deactivated since then i beg like a dog and go to local office 20 timess but they don't reactivate me there is nothing u cAn do...once deactivated for high cancellation they will never reactivate u back i also took the 7x7 online test to see if they reactivate me but they wont so yea...ur done with uber
File for unemployment and claim you're an employee. Make an uber rep fight you

UberMensch2015

Or just consider it a blessing. Do they have Amazon prime same day in your city? I hear that's decent if you really just want to drive. I use it a lot and I always tip, maybe others do as well

SEAL Team 5

File for unemployment and claim you're an employee. Make an uber rep fight you
That's bad advice. Don't know what state you're in, but can almost guarantee that the bottom of the form you file says "under penalties of perjury I attest that all information is correct to the best of my knowledge".

BigSmalls

I agree 100% begging Uber? @@@@ them I make more money in any street corner of any city and every dollar is mine No tax No car No insurance No gas No inspection No driving No commission No bullshit

UberIsAScam

Beg like a dog to be allowed to Fuber? Bahahaha, are you kidding?

Dback2004

I've gotten warning emails before for "excessive cancellations" when the only ones I cancel are pax requested or no-shows. I never cancel because of distance or destination or some of the other crap that people on this site do, I just don't accept those. Each time I got the warning email I'd write back in asking them to explain which cancellations are against their policy and each time they'd write back saying my record looks fine. A lot of it is just getting your side on the record. Although if you've been deactivated, you're probably screwed at this point.

CrazyT

Deactivated for high cancellation? They don't do that unilaterally. I watched as a driver in the Baltimore/DC area cancelled NINE trips in a row before leaving the airport cell phone lot. He accepted all the trips, contacted the rider, and if they weren't going somewhere he deemed worthy of his time he cancelled the trip and they had to re-do it. I've picked up riders who are outright ticked off because if drivers doing this to them. The one had 4 drivers cancel on him, so by the time I got him he was late and angry. Always a good combination.