DEACTIVATED: Pax reports car "unfit" for Uber

simon'subermama

Got a "Serious Incident Report" via email yesterday that they received a report that my car was not fit for Uber.

My car looks great for an 11 year old Scion. It has light scratches here and there and a few small dents. Wrinkles and frown lines I like to call them. I keep the it super clean, inside and out.

Uber is paying my bills right now and all it takes is one a**hole Pax getting the cheapest of the cheap Pool, to mess up my earnings. Uber requested pics of all 4 sides of the car (I sent some taken at night) but have yet to see anything. Dug out the pink 'Stache and will give it another shot until Uber gets their heads out of their butts. Anything like this happen to anyone else?

Sluber

Got a "Serious Incident Report" via email yesterday that they received a report that my car was not fit for Uber.

My car looks great for an 11 year old Scion. It has light scratches here and there and a few small dents. Wrinkles and frown lines I like to call them. I keep the it super clean, inside and out.

Uber is paying my bills right now and all it takes is one a**hole Pax getting the cheapest of the cheap Pool, to mess up my earnings. Uber requested pics of all 4 sides of the car (I sent some taken at night) but have yet to see anything. Dug out the pink 'Stache and will give it another shot until Uber gets their heads out of their butts. Anything like this happen to anyone else?
keep us posted...let us know what support says...sorry but it was bound to happen with a older car...maybe time to upgrade

Just Another Uber Drive

I had a 2006 Scion XB on my account and this year Uber rejected my insurance document without explanation or answering my emails asking why. I finally just told them to remove the car from my account.

This could just be their new method of checking on the cosmetic appearance of older cars. Maybe there really wasn't a complaint by a pax at all. Did you see a ratings decline accompanying this complaint?

Benalepsy87

The key words are "11 year old scion". What's the year cut off for uber? Isn't it like 10 years? After leasing a car with unlimited mileage and maintenance included, I'd probably never go another route. Car is always new and you just trade it in for a new one every few years. It is expensive but possibly an option.

Just Another Uber Drive

The key words are "11 year old scion". What's the year cut off for uber? Isn't it like 10 years? After leasing a car with unlimited mileage and maintenance included, I'd probably never go another route. Car is always new and you just trade it in for a new one every few years. It is expensive but possibly an option.
It's 2001 and newer in LA, the OC and San Diego. 2005 or newer in the IE and Palm Springs/Riverside.

Last edited:

Queenofthepak

It's 2001 and newer in LA, the OC and San Diego. 2005 or newer in the IE and Palm Springs/Riverside.
Now, it has to be 2006 or newer.

General Uber vehicle requirements
All Uber services share these requirements:

• Must be 10 years old or newer (model year 2006) – See exceptions below
  • Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan. Manual (standard) transmission is OK
  • No major cosmetic damage
  • Must pass a vehicle inspection
  • Driver’s full name must be on the insurance for the

Just Another Uber Drive

• Must be a four-door car, truck, or minivan. Manual (standard) transmission is OK
Thanks for the updated info.

A.m.s

I have 2005 and they havent said or done anything

There are also still tons of 300s driving Select. Uber's "smart" technology will only get on to you when it comes time for annual renewal. God helps us if their technology starts driving our cars..

UberLaLa

Check out the 'Rental' thing that Uber has going with Enterprise. If you drive 75 trips a week you basically get the car for free....it's week to week, too.

BuckyB7

Happened to me two weeks ago. Same thing. I spent three days writing in to Uber, sending photos. I was able to get reactivated right away via email once I sent in photos of my car, but it took me the three days to get my incentives back.