• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Deactivated for self defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

baymatt

Had a biker try to spit in my face the other day. I got out and waived a bat his way to scare him. I drive away and pulled over when he ride up behind me to write my plates down. I get it again and shove him and tell him to @@@@ off

He reports me to Uber and I'm deactivated. They said that anytime I'm driving around with the sticker in representing Uber and have to follow their guidelines.

I wasnt an employee and was fired for an incident with a random person while not on a trip.

UbaaDrivaa

They can deactivate you whenever they want.

And FYI, your case wasn’t a “self defense,” since your life was not in danger. The use of a bat to “intimidate” someone was not warranted. You did a little too much.

So suck it up tough guy. Go drive for Lyft.

IERide

Yup..
Because the headlines would read “Uber driver with a bat assaults innocent bicycle rider after Uber driver nearly runs him over” ...and the cellphone video would show the same thing.

You failed to mention why the biker felt it necessary to TRY and spit on you.. Did he just randomly decide to spit on you or did something lead up to that?

Looks like brains won this fight, not muscle or bad-ass’ery

Last edited:

Iamfoodgod

You guys are F@#$ING push overs, real live cowards. There is NEVER a reason to spit on someone. NEVER a reason to allow someone to spit on you.

That's your mistake, don't try to "scare" somebody. Either you do it or you move along. You should of whacked him a few good times.
Idk about big city folk laws but here in the state of Washington spitting on someone is some sort of misdemeanor. I learned that in a criminal justice class. Maybe you could've called the cops on him for that and had him at least pay a fine.

baymatt

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
They can deactivate you whenever they want.

And FYI, your case wasn’t a “self defense,” since your life was not in danger. The use of a bat to “intimidate” someone was not warranted. You did a little too much.

So suck it up tough guy. Go drive for Lyft.
yeah lets see how well you react when some @@@@@@ makes a point to get off his bike because you honked at him, look you in the eye and spit directly at your @@@@ing face onto your windshield.

the only thing i regret is not kicking his ass. i was worried about going to jail but thats the @@@@ed up thing. i got spit on AND fired

Grand Lake

In your other thread you said "He gets off his bike at the stop light, walks over, and spits on my windshield while flipping me off." Which is distespectful, insulting, gross -- but not something that required any physical response to protect yourself, let alone brandishing a bat.

IERide

yeah lets see how well you react when some ****** makes a point to get off his bike because you honked at him, look you in the eye and spit directly at your &%$@!*ing face onto your windshield.
the only thing i regret is not kicking his ass. i was worried about going to jail but thats the &%$@!*ed up thing. i got spit on AND fired
I would be pissed too, but someone spitting on your car does not warrant a physical response and it is NOT self defense.
I’m glad I never have to worry about you being my Uber driver, and Uber now has one less liability to worry about.
I’m sure you will reply with some angry, tough guy response, which will further prove my point.

Pax Collector

Had a biker try to spit in my face the other day. I got out and waived a bat his way to scare him. I drive away and pulled over when he ride up behind me to write my plates down. I get it again and shove him and tell him to &%$@!* off

He reports me to Uber and I'm deactivated. They said that anytime I'm driving around with the sticker in representing Uber and have to follow their guidelines.

I wasnt an employee and was fired for an incident with a random person while not on a trip.
How does one try to spit in someone's face? Either they do or they don't. Unlike the act of trying to hit someone, there is no way you can prove that he actually "Tried" to spit at you.

Now, if he had actually spit at you, the state of California gives you the right to place him under a private citizen's arrest (By using just enough force necessary to effect the arrest) since it's a misdemeanor committed in your presence. Then wait for San Francisco's finest to show up.

Don't exit your car swinging bats around. Not only does it make you look like the bad guy, it's also how people end up getting shot.

emmhope

This guy could be just a new breed of trolls , Uber can’t deactivate people just because some random guy says some made up stuff

How does that work ? Go to the green hub and say the person with this number plate did this and that ? email them ? Who at Uber has time for that kind drama ?

tohunt4me

Had a biker try to spit in my face the other day. I got out and waived a bat his way to scare him. I drive away and pulled over when he ride up behind me to write my plates down. I get it again and shove him and tell him to &%$@!* off

What Sticker !?

You guys are F@#$ING push overs, real live cowards. There is NEVER a reason to spit on someone. NEVER a reason to allow someone to spit on you.

That's your mistake, don't try to "scare" somebody. Either you do it or you move along. You should of whacked him a few good times.
Let him bike home with a broken knee cap. . .

baymatt

Well at least you guys have this forum to boost your ego. I'm not trolling but I can't wait for this to happen to any of you.

Good luck.

And the next time someone @@@@s with you remember.

Grab your ankles and close your eyes

IERide

Dude.. you need to take a long, deep look inside yourself. If you do that, and still think your actions are acceptable, you need some therapy.

baymatt

I would be pissed too, but someone spitting on your car does not warrant a physical response and it is NOT self defense.
I’m glad I never have to worry about you being my Uber driver, and Uber now has one less liability to worry about.
I’m sure you will reply with some angry, tough guy response, which will further prove my point.
Also I had a guy in Oakland last week that cut me off and wouldn't move because I was white and he was black. He was just so racist and even got outta his car to fight me.but did I get out? Nope, because he never touched my car.

I hope someone spits on your face sooner than later

IERide

Did he spin ON your face or ON your windshield?
One post says “in your face” another says “on your windshield”

baymatt

Dude.. you need to take a long, deep look inside yourself. If you do that, and still think your actions are acceptable, you need some therapy.
Dude u are playing the superior person on an Uber forum.

Ur lower than janitor. Get the @@@@ outta here

IERide

Dude u are playing the superior person on an Uber forum.

Ur lower than janitor. Get the &%$@!* outta here
I’m playing a civilized human being.. If to you this seems “superior” then you really do need serious help.
Still waiting for clarification on “on your face” or “on your windshield”..

Status
Not open for further replies.