• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Deactivated for Not Stopping @ Starbucks

baymatt

So my first ride of the morning around 630am and it's a 9 minute scheduled pickup.

I get there and she's out in a minute, very appreciative that I was around and for driving her to work.

5 seconds in.... "Can you stop at Starbucks on the way there?"

After explaining that we don't really get paid for it and refusing her hypothetical tip, she called her friend to ask if THEY would do her this favor..... NOPE! She gets pissy because she says she already ordered her drink before asking for the stop.

After this she freaks out and yells at me to stop the car a half mile from her house. She gets out and insults me. I didn't get paid anything. ZERO

Then I get a notification in the middle of my actual next ride that I was deactivated for drugs!

I'm sick of revenge ratings

TuPadre

So my first ride of the morning around 630am and it's a 9 minute scheduled pickup.

I get there and she's out in a minute, very appreciative that I was around and for driving her to work.

After explaining that we don't really get paid for it and refusing her hypothetical tip, she called her friend to ask if THEY would do her this favor..... NOPE! She gets pissy because she says she already ordered her drink before asking for the stop.

After this she freaks out and yells at me to stop the car a half mile from her house. She gets out and insults me. I didn't get paid anything. ZERO

Then I get a notification in the middle of my actual next ride that I was deactivated for drugs!

I got deactivated on uber one week ago for the same reason, someone reported me “driving impaired”. They reactivated my account in 24 hrs. when I asked them for a drug test.

Okphillip

Next time take her to Starbucks. Wouldn’t your life be easier now? I took a guy from SFO last night with a stop at In and Out Millbrae...supposed to be “in and out” in 3 minutes....it took 10 minutes then trip to DiFi. He says his ratings high because he tips....I even let him eat in my car. So far, no tip, or even better, a five star! Lol

emmhope

Next time take her to Starbucks. Wouldn’t your life be easier now? I took a guy from SFO last night with a stop at In and Out Millbrae...supposed to be “in and out” in 3 minutes....it took 10 minutes then trip to DiFi. He says his ratings high because he tips....I even let him eat in my car. So far, no tip, or even better, a five star! Lol
Wow WTF ! for luck of better words , that’s shameful lol in & out ? for real ! that’s just crazy.

You just need to have a Dashcam so you can give Uber something to back you up with , if this is like your second incedent the right thing for them to do is permanently deactivate you otherwise they very sure know riders lie all the time.

Dixon

My friend had a similar case , after that I always report to uber first before any potential complaints. They may believe the first story they got.
Btw we have to do something we don’t want to , in case worst thing happen.
Make stopsss , wait for their friends, take the shitty rides...........

ARTENNZ1967

Some People are just nuts

tohunt4me

We NEED A UNION. !

ENOUGH OF B.S. DEACTIVATIONS COSTING DRIVERS MONEY !

DEMAND JUSTICE !

NO JUSTICE !

NO DRIVE !

Working and Driving

Sorry to hear his happened to you, it is wrong. Sometimes it’s just easier to make that stop, especially when you think it’s going to be quick.

This past Sunday I picked up a UCSF med center employee at 6:45am who asked if I’d mind stopping so he could pick up his pre-ordered Starbucks. I agreed, although I let him know it’s usually not preferred. I was lucky, it only took him 2 minutes and he came back with 2 carafes of coffee and a bag full of food. He said every Sunday a different person on his team brings treats and this was day. And yes, he tipped me $5.

I would say to go into Daly City and plead your case, hopefully you’ll be back online in 24 hours. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Last time i stopped at Starbucks i got $15.00 tip.

Beautiful young blonde whos SUV was in shop B.M.W. with busted oil pan from New Orleans pot holes.
She told me that she has found " tipping gets her anything she wants".

Sorry to hear his happened to you, it is wrong. Sometimes it is easier to make that stop, especially when you think it’s going to be quick.

This past Sunday I picked up a UCSF med center employee at 6:45am who asked if I’d mind stopping so he could pick up his pre-ordered Starbucks. I agreed, although I let him know it usually not preferred. I was lucky, it only took him 2 minutes and he came back with 2 carafes of coffee and a bag full of food. He said every Sunday a different person on his team brings treats and this was day. And yes, he tipped me $5.

I would say to go into Daly City and plead your case, hopefully you’ll be back online in 24 hours. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
I usually stop also.
Had one pick up donuts for entire crew. Brought me a bag of donuts.

SRGuy

Sorry to hear that. It's obviously wrong. Go to the green light hub and plead your case - and get a dashcam.

nurburgringsf

I hope you one starred him.

This is why im still baffled on how some drivers can outright refuse a trip because of where the pax is heading.

Sooner or later you will be deactivated for refusing trips or stops.

It really sucks having to go to sfo around 430pm on a weekday but sht happens.
Same with starbucks/peets/gas station stops.

emmhope

I hope you one starred him.

This is why im still baffled on how some drivers can outright refuse a trip because of where the pax is heading.

Sooner or later you will be deactivated for refusing trips or stops.

It really sucks having to go to sfo around 430pm on a weekday but sht happens.
Same with starbucks/peets/gas station stops.
Sometimes it’s reasonable to deny a trip and Uber can’t deactivate us for it , I’m not going to Napa or st Helena around 4pm on a base ride or Walnut Creek at 2am ?!

They can request a different driver or go up to select , Hardly any select or Uber black driver out there rejecting these trips.

And heck no ! we are not going to in & out , what’s wrong with these people ? Lol

One thing I do different from everyone I see on here is , I don’t get into argument with riders they talk and I keep quiet lol nothing freaks people out more than silence , I ask them to get out if they resist I dial 911 on speaker.

Safe_Driver_4_U

I do a reverse end run for a touchdown almost every time. I like to drive business folks airport runs, commuters to work and students going long. I check on their flight time or work time, if they are early I always say, "if you have the starbucks app, I can stop at starbucks along the way, it only takes 2 minutes , no worries", 9 times out of 10 they decline but it improves my tips.

NorCalPhil

At least you know now to ask if they preordered. Every person who I've picked up who asked to stop at Starbucks has preordered, and they are in and out in a minute. All of these have been morning commuters, and it seems this is their normal routine.