deactivated for low rating by uber can you work for lyft ?

Moss22

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
sometimes it is for no reason, the rider just does not like you nor she/he does like anything on that day or night hating everything and everybody. they just rate you like for having fun.

Coolrider101nk

Asking the question shows that rideshare income is important. Understand that he specific answer to the question is yes, with a big "but...."

Lyft forces riders to rate every ride, and they only average the last 100 vs Uber's 500. This makes the Lyft rating very volatile. It is possible to drop from 4.9 to 4.6 in 1 day. Lyft riders tend to be much stricter on ratings. If an Uber rider is annoyed at you but doesn't want to finish you, they can skip rating you. That same rider is forced to rate you on Lyft. The app reminding them you annoyed them won't get you 5 stars. If you want to last with Lyft understand where you went wrong with Uber first.

I'm a broken record on this and with all the new drivers I should be seeking referral bonuses..... but I strongly suggest adding delivery platforms to your arsenal if gig work is your primary income .

I have Postmates, GrubHub, and miraculously out of the blue recently Amazon. There are others.

Hold yourself to a higher standard and you'll do fine.

Last thought. .... Go on several Lyft rides. A couple on the strip. A couple in town . Understand the app and the customer experience . Do it telling the driver the purpose ad without telling them. It may cost $50 but can be a wise investment.

Good luck.

uberxone vegas

sometimes it is for no reason, the rider just does not like you nor she/he does like anything on that day or night hating everything and everybody. they just rate you like for having fun.
Did you drive for uber at night? Were most of your riders locals? Did you work in strip or where locals live?

Coolrider101nk

Damn, how did you get Amazon?
I have no idea. I did my weekly check and saw Vegas wasn't on the list and closed the tab. An hour later I got an email to download. ......been that far before ...

I was then prompted to choose the West Sunset and take a photo for an ID and I'm able to go online, get blocks and whatever. I'm shocked but leaving them aside currently as I'm hoping to skip town soon and don't want to burn a bridge.

Edit to add: Been on waiting lists and checking for over a year.

Billysquier

It’s virtually impossible to have a 4.49 driver rating. I’m a certified ahole. My policy is “NO” unless it starts with if I throw you $10-20. I don’t wash or vacuum my car on a regular basis and have gassy nights 3-4 times a week and have been 4.9 with over 4500 rides.

You probably need to take a driving class or do something else.

Taxi2Uber

Yeah, that can happen, but not that many, to drop you to 4.49.
Its you, dude, or your car.

My second ever Uber ride, I was sent a 4.5 driver. (Lol, thanks Uber)
He went to the wrong pickup point, and could not follow simple instructions as I tried to guide him to where I was.
Once I got in the car, I could hardly breathe from the stale stench of cigarette smoke.
Out of nowhere he starts telling me he got fired from the cab company for low book, and starts talking about picking up hookers, and some other inappropriate conversation.
I'm thinking that 4.5 rating is generous, and he won't be doing this for much longer.
Cab or Uber, this industry is just not for him.

How many rides? And how many 1 stars, 2 stars, etc?

Taxi2Rideshare

Asking the question shows that rideshare income is important. Understand that he specific answer to the question is yes, with a big "but...."

Lyft forces riders to rate every ride, and they only average the last 100 vs Uber's 500. This makes the Lyft rating very volatile. It is possible to drop from 4.9 to 4.6 in 1 day. Lyft riders tend to be much stricter on ratings.... That same rider is forced to rate you on Lyft. The app reminding them you annoyed them won't get you 5 stars. If you want to last with Lyft understand where you went wrong with Uber first.

I'm a broken record on this and with all the new drivers I should be seeking referral bonuses..... .

Good luck.
Not true. Riders don't have to rate drivers at all. In fact, if Lyft riders don't rate their drivers within a 24hr window, Lyft automatically gives them 5 stars. This, in my opinion, is a much more driver-friendly approach instead of forcing riders into a decision.

Having said that, when it comes to riders, ghetto is ghetto. And the same losers use both systems. However, you'll find more ghetto riders with Uber. Uber offers cheaper pricing at the expense of drivers, which attracts ghetto like section 8 subsidized housing.

With Uber's system, driver's cut get hit with a double whammy. One, from Uber's parasitic practice of keeping the larger share of the fare. And two, offering a larger portion of the fare to the passenger as a discount: the large discount is essentially a driver supplied subsidy that Uber uses to fend of competitors.

Hence, by offering cheaper pricing at the expense of drivers, Uber attracts more ghetto. Ghetto is price sensitive and the ghetto mentality leaves no room for tipping, which is why drivers stay away from the ghetto pool rides. What's the point of "chatting up" a ghetto passenger that's going to stiff you when you can have another one that more like won't? Lets face it, we're in this for money, not for making friends.

"deactivated for low rating by uber can you work for lyft ?"

To answer the OP's question: Yes, you can, but you won't stay as busy. Just work with the mentality that these passengers equate your position with that of a servant and you'll be ok.

And stay away from the shared rides!

Last edited:

Wincool

Today I saw a young guy driving a very old car with Uber (at least 12 years old Car) even the trunk can’t be closed easily, and with scotch tape on the rear bumper. How can it possibly driving. The two riders are going to the airport with dumb face.

Alfred j

Well I'm only working for cash from now on, screw Uber but I still have their sticker.

Last edited by a moderator: