1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Deactivated for Intoxication

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by Docaces, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Docaces

Docaces Active Member

So on sunday I got deactivated for complaint of intoxication or illegal substance...Im sure you have all seen the email. So it is under investigation. I have emailed them multiple times and spoken to someone who proceeded to tell me that trust and safety are only done via email. Obviously i have never driven drunk, at least not with a lyft pax. Any suggestions on how to expedite the situation. Thanks

2. Uberyouber

Uberyouber Well-Known Member

wait three day. it was probably a rider wanting to get a free ride.

3. Docaces

Docaces Active Member

going on 3 days...not a peep. im sure it was someone who wanted a free ride, or i may have mentioned that I voted for trump...lol.

4. Cynergie

Cynergie Well-Known Member

Trump.

Now you know Lyft's pax base is nuttier than squirrel poo.

This is why dash cams are mandatory. Especially in blue sanctuary cities where the POTUS is the Anti Christ incarnate. :rolleyes:

Time to move on to a real side gig with Uber.

5. Docaces

Docaces Active Member

i have no idea who the rider was or what they were upset about...i was only kidding earlier.

6. uberhernder

uberhernder Well-Known Member

I also got deactivated 2 days ago. Lyft said a pax complaint that I wouldnt let her get out of the vehicle on a line ride..lol..who the heck wants to keep a cheap pax inside a vehicle. I emailed them for details and havent got any response in 2 days.

7. Uberyouber

Send them an email. Ask them what's the hold up.

8. Docaces

Docaces Active Member

Finally reactivated last night. I'm just curious what the investigation involves. Besides my side of the story and the other guy side of the story what else could they possibly investigate?

9. touberornottouber

touberornottouber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If you really weren't drunk then tell them you are considering retaining an attorney to get the passengers contact information because you may decide to sue the passenger for the false accusation due to lost wages and reputation.

They probably determined the passenger wasn't credible.

I'd LOVE for this to happen to me. I'd demand compensation for the downtime and go after the passenger legally just to return the favor. They don't deserve any mercy after basically trying to get you FIRED with a false accusation. I'd try to sue them for everything I could get.

I've been driving about a year and I am just waiting for it to happen to me.

10. wk1102

wk1102 Well-Known Member

There is no real investigation. It consists of seeing if you have any past complaints and then make you wait it out.

ShinyAndChrome and JimKE like this.
  11. surlywynch

surlywynch Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing. No investigation, no follow up. Lyft (Uber, too) did their "due diligence" by canning you for a few days.

Those d-bags should be required to provide a police report in order to take you off the road.

Spotscat and doggerel like this.
  12. Don Wren

Don Wren New Member

I got the same exact thing 3 days ago, it was totally out of the blue, i do not and never have drink alcohol and no drugs either so I really had no idea where that was coming from. So today they sent me an email stating "due to past multiple reports from riders citing safety concerns, we have deactivated your account, and you will not be able to apply for a new account". So basically they have permanently banned me from Lyft now, due to a false accusation really. Anyone here have any such situation, or may be able to advise what cane be done, if anything, at this point?

Thanks.

13. uberhernder

uberhernder Well-Known Member

I got reactivated this morning. It was a stupid pax that entered the wrong dest and didnt reliazed it until we past the exit while on the freeway.

She started freaking out and yelling at me where I was taking her and wanted to get out rightaway. I told her that we were on a freeway and I just cant pull over to let her out due to her safety.

She complaint that I refused to let her out lol. I let her out on the next exit where it was safe. Bogus complaint that prevented me from driving for 3 days. And I got a warning that if it happens again, I will be permanently deactivated ..WTF!! It wasnt even my fault and i looked out for her safety by not leaving her a$$ on the side of the freeway.

LauraC likes this.
  14. touberornottouber

Driving:
    UberX
    Lawyer up. Seriously. Especially if you were full time. Take your average monthly earnings with Lyft or Uber (whichever one it was) and multiply that by three (3 years). Consider suing the passenger for that amount as lost earnings due to the slanderous false accusation.

Hell, if you are really serious about this I bet a lot of us would even be willing to put some money in a hat for a lawyer for you. We desperately need some media stories about passengers getting sued for $100,000 for making false reports!

15. Don Wren

Don Wren New Member

Yeah that's a good idea I may have no other recourse, this is beyond ridiculous.....but to do that then I suppose I have to send a request to Lyft to get the rider's name and information to provide to my lawyer you think? Thanks for the advice i really appreciate it. This is very stressful for me I never imagined that they would deactivate me..

16. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

Tranquillo...
    • Inhale
    • Halloween is in 3 weeks.
    • Thanksgiving is in 6 weeks.
    • Art Basel is in 8 weeks
    • And after that...it gets BUSY.
    • Exhale
    Feel better?

Lyft (or any other company) will NOT provide that information. Your attorney will have to subpoena that information.

17. touberornottouber

Driving:
    UberX
    Yep and likely the company will totally freak out and cave as soon as the release becomes a real possibility.

There absolutely should be some evidence provided before drivers are deactivated for these type of complaints. At minimum the rider ought to be required to sign a sworn statement detailing the facts in writing and it should clearly state that the rider risks legal liability for any false statements. But of course at present these companies don't give a crap about us and being thrown under the bus for nothing.

MHR and ShinyAndChrome like this.
  18. D-the Driver

D-the Driver New Member

You should find the person that accused you and take it to court. I know it's just a driving job, but a job is a job and someone caused you to get deactivated you should take legal action. They may get scared and admit to making up a story.

VietnamDriverinUSA, MHR and Spotscat like this.
  19. ShinyAndChrome

ShinyAndChrome Well-Known Member

Absolutely true. And when put on the spot 99.99993999999992933848% of complaints will vanish because now the rider knows they are getting into a very serious matter and if they are lying it's on them.

I'm sure with enough time this would happen to 100% of drivers. Pax complaints over crap, random deactivation until a final deactivation.

20. Uberyouber

5 days...