Deactivated for failing to cancel bad ride request

ntcindetroit

Finally, My driver logon was deactivated at 4.8 after managed to bring it up from 4.6x. I knew it's coming as I had not cancelled BAD Ride Requests as I should or I would like. This request was bad to start with. As I was driving toward the Rideshare/Ground Transportation Center, I was redirected to Domestic Arrival #x to meet the rider(s). As soon as I identified the rider, he asked if I'v a big trunk. My thought was [Can you judge yourself?]. The car is in front of the rider's eye. Should have known better at that point to cancel the ride and leave. But giving rider(s) the benefit of doubt that they may have difficulty to move that many luggage bags or unable to walk to Ground Transport with small kids, I open the trunk and helped them to load 6 big and medium sized bags plus 4 riders. As soon as I started driving off from the curb, I saw the airport police car followed me around the curve. The cop did not trying to stop me, but I had uneasy feeling. Will they stop me from picking up at DTW? Hours later, their Philipino operation deactivated my logon for unspecified reason. Can my good deed mitigating the bad deactivation?

Last edited:

imdjc

You broke the rules by going to arrivals. Go to the greenlight hub to see if you can be reactivated. Nobody here can answer your question. You need to talk to an Uber employee

ntcindetroit

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Question: Is there any exemption or waiver for picking up at places other than Ground Transportation for people not able to make it to there for too many bags or with small kids or even on wheelchairs or handicapped?

imdjc

No. It's the only place we are allowed to pick up. It's a law. If they won't come to pickup, wait your 5 minutes and cancel with no show. You can be ticketed for picking up at terminal.

ntcindetroit

No. It's the only place we are allowed to pick up. It's a law. If they won't come to pickup, wait your 5 minutes and cancel with no show. You can be ticketed for picking up at terminal.
When do they start this? Last time I drove years ago, we're picking up at arrival, although admitting it is very chaotic sometimes.

Homie G

Finally, My driver logon was deactivated at 4.8 after managed to bring it up from 4.6x. I knew it's coming as I had not cancelled BAD Ride Requests as I should or I would like. This request was bad to start with. As I was driving toward the Rideshare/Ground Transportation Center, I was redirected to Domestic Arrival #x to meet the rider(s). As soon as I identified the rider, he asked if I'v a big trunk. My thought was [Can you judge yourself?]. The car is in front of the rider's eye. Should have known better at that point to cancel the ride and leave. But giving rider(s) the benefit of doubt that they may have difficulty to move that many luggage bags or unable to walk to Ground Transport with small kids, I open the trunk and helped them to load 6 big and medium sized bags plus 4 riders. As soon as I started driving off from the curb, I saw the airport police car followed me around the curve. The cop did not trying to stop me, but I had uneasy feeling. Will they stop me from picking up at DTW? Hours later, their Philipino operation deactivated my logon for unspecified reason. Can my good deed mitigating the bad deactivation?
that blows. GL to you brother

Declineathon

GL or good luck, tell your story, ask to hear the recorded conversation between you and passenger, listen for empathy, suggest no airport pings as penance.

ntcindetroit

So, I got an email that confirmed my suspicion that airport patrol car was following my vehicle but did not stop the riders from boarding the vehicle at wrong location. Wish airport police and Uber will educate rideshare riders that no riders should ask the driver(s) to break the rules to cause Uber and driver irrepairable harm.
Post automatically merged:

Technical speaking, will it be ok if riders send one person to the ground transportation first and then direct the rideshare vehicle to first stop to pick up additional riders in the group and/or additional luggage or bags at arrival?

Last edited:

shirleyujest

"I was redirected to Domestic Arrival #x to meet the rider(s)." Redirected by whom? It couldn't have been from the Uber app. If it was from the rider himself, then you should have known better. Sorry.

ntcindetroit

"I was redirected to Domestic Arrival #x to meet the rider(s)." Redirected by whom? It couldn't have been from the Uber app. If it was from the rider himself, then you should have known better. Sorry.
You smart girl should have known better it was from the Uber App. and it must have been from Uber app. If it's NOT from the app. , how did driver get paid, rated or as target of complaints from all over the world.
btw, I think someone paid the $5.00 airport fee as the fare calculation indicated. So, it clearly shows the rule(s), regulations or executive orders should be amended to exempt people that have difficulty to get over to the make-shift rider pick up area in garage or/and with more than 2 or three pieces of luggage, bags or suitcases.

Last edited:

shirleyujest

Your post makes absolutely no sense. It has been illegal for a couple of years now for Uber to direct drivers directly to the terminal. My question was whether he was requested by the passenger to pick him/her up at the terminal. Simple question. And of course the driver would have been paid.

ntcindetroit

Didn't Uber claim they were mere transaction processor. All these direction(s)/redirection(s) must have been initiated/originated by the parties that supply or request the services through the app. Did the Airport issue the ticket(s) to the rideshare organization(s) or whoever start the crime or violation? Uber should ban the rider(s) who misuse the app in violation of the tos, not the driver(s).