Uber Drivers Forum banner

Deactivated by Uber

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Wombat7 
#1 ·
Today at 1:40 PM
Last week I've got notice from Uber that they cancelling my account because they reseived three complains from the pax that Im not wearing my mask. Those three complains they reseived for the last three month. When I contacted Uber and explain that those complains are false and they have no evidence to support that, like picture of me not wearing a mask and that situation is quite opposite, that its a some pax not wearing mask , at least properly and they getting mad when you try to mention that, so Uber representative said that they dont care and that its a Uber strict policy about that. I staied with Uber for five years and have done over ten thousand rides and never experiensed anything like it. Its just crasy.

#5 ·
That isn't remotely the lesson! Who read this thread to you? Don't try to hijack this thread to spread your stupid ideology.

The lesson is, Uber can and will deactivate you at their whim.
And playing mask police with pax will get you deactivated even faster. The last thing pax want is some self-empowered ant screaming at them about masks.

#15 ·
Ya gotta finesse this a little...If pax walks up without a mask in sight, then I just establish eye contact and tap my own mask with a finger. Most of the time pax promptly produce and wear a mask. If they don't have one, I offer one of the ones that Uber sent me.

I've gotten a couple of one-stars for letting my inner cop come out (20 years; retired) while requiring pax to wear a mask, but there are more gentle ways to get the job done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.